ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been by the practice center recently?

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Anyone been by the practice center in the last couple weeks? Any construction updates? Has the parking lot, landscaping, sidewalks, etc. been completed? Is the R up on the building ?

That is a great idea! If people do it for Chick-fil-A, I can do it for the opening. To me, this is just a big example of the things that any major state university in big time sports has had for years and years and we finally are getting our act together. As I mentioned the other day, Florida has had one for 20 years. Can not wait for this !!!!!!!

Upstream, yes people bring tents,sleeping bags,etc. When a new store opens, the way they usually do it is the first 100 people get Free food for a year. Back in the 80’s I couldn’t tell you how many hours I must have spent waiting for Springsteen tickets outside record store Ticketmaster’s. lol One time I spent 14 hours outside a store in Doylestown,PA only to be shut out. Haven’t seen the band in at least 20 years and lost all interest in his music after some clunkers like Lucky Town,Human Touch, Tom Joad

People set up tents waiting for Chick-fil-a openings? It's a fast-food fried chicken sandwich.
Yes they do. Chick-fil-A has the best customer service and year after year it gets top ratings among fast food restaurants. That chicken tortilla soup they have is delicious.

Russ , you and I have are obviously experts in fine dining. Wish they would open more in New Jersey. Both of the ones I go to, Howell and Brick, must be printing money. They are always busy, even at unusual times like 2:30 in the afternoon, long after lunchtime for most people.

As for who should go into the practice center first for tours, I hope they have a day set up for past players. And yes,donors should have a day and celebration.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Russ , you and I have are obviously experts in fine dining. Wish they would open more in New Jersey. Both of the ones I go to, Howell and Brick, must be printing money. They are always busy, even at unusual times like 2:30 in the afternoon, long after lunchtime for most people.

They just opened one in morris plains a month ago that place any hour of the day has a drive thru wait of atleast 15 minutes its absurd. They had hundreds waiting overnight for the opening it was quite the scene.

Upstream, yes people bring tents,sleeping bags,etc. When a new store opens, the way they usually do it is the first 100 people get Free food for a year.

I can understand people camping out to be first in line and get free food for a year. I can't imagine people camping out for a fried chicken sandwich.

Don’t know if it is limited to just the chicken sandwiches or if it is open to anything they sell.

Don’t know if it is limited to just the chicken sandwiches or if it is open to anything they sell.
Apparently the free food for a year is really 52 coupons for chicken sandwiches. If you want fries, drinks, 2 sandwiches, or to go more than once a week, that all costs extra.

Also, for some restaurants you can't camp out. They only allow you to line up a few hours before the grand opening.

I can understand people camping out to be first in line and get free food for a year. I can't imagine people camping out for a fried chicken sandwich.
They have fried chicken? I've only had grilled chicken sandwiches there.

Reactions: RUMountie
I sure hope the crowds this season are not as bad as some are predicting. I am really concerned about how bad it could look at Rutgers Stadium on National TV in late October and November if it is raining/sleeting/snowing in the cold.

They have fried chicken? I've only had grilled chicken sandwiches there.
I went to Chick-fil-a at the mall a few months ago. I had their flagship chicken sandwich, which was breaded and fried chicken. It was tasty enough, but not spectacular. The waffle fries were the best part of the meal. That was the first time I had eaten at Chick-fil-a in about 25 years. Other than that fried chicken sandwich and waffle fries, I have no idea what else is on their menu.

I'll be on campus Wednesday night for parent's orientation. I'll try to grab some pics before Heaven has a meltdown.

As for Chik-fil-A, they brine the chicken in pickle juice. I've replicated the recipe at home using my air fryer for a more healthy alternative.

Also curious if anyone knows when the basketball team is moving in. The "grand opening" is in September but will teams be in there before then?

Drove by yesterday. They planted a few things outside but still looks like plenty to do inside and outside. Impressively massive looking standing next to the RAC. Hopefully by Sept 1 everything will be done.

The reality is many fast food places taste exactly the same no matter where you go (McDonald’s, Burger King) but chick fil A is so much better in the south it’s not even funny

Reactions: Russ Wood
Russ, just saw the Gators got another transfer, this one from Cleveland State. Have you ever seen him play?

Thanks Cranford. Best of luck to your boy or girl.

As promised, here's a couple of pics I took tonight just before the storms hit.

2qb7xpz.jpg

6f5xsh.jpg

15dtlcz.jpg

Now I want chick fil a...breakfast minis tomorrow! Great to be in a state where they are everywhere!!![banana]

Thank you for posting the pics, Cranford! Just curious, did they talk about the upcoming buildings for the Engineering Precinct ?

For those wondering, the parking garage section is the right section on the first two pictures and the left section on the third photo.

Thank you for posting the pics, Cranford! Just curious, did they talk about the upcoming buildings for the Engineering Precinct ?

I'm sure there would have been mention of the buildings during the campus overview section of the orientation, but we were cut short by the impending storms and never got to that.

I can’t seem to link it, but there is a great picture of the practice center at night with the moon in the background. It is on the Rutgers Athletics twitter page.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT