ADVERTISEMENT

Archie fired. (Indiana coach)

Durham is not a point guard, he's a 2. That said, I'd take him because his shooting is lethal but he's originally from Georgia so I'm not sure RU is gonna be a player here.

Al Durham came to Indiana as a point guard out of Georgia HS. Has played point guard at IU also.

they have talent there but not sure Indiana has the patience to not immediately win. Beilein would win but he would recruit a different type of player. Also age has to be a factor for Indiana too in looking at Beilein
Age is certainly an issue with Beilein, but the man has chops. It wouldn't take long for him to turn Indiana into an offensive machine. Some of the raw material is there, certainly.

Been watching Beilein on the B1G Network a bit recently and he’s starting to look and speak like his age is taking a toll on him.

Drew would be a great choice; we’ll see if Baylor can hold on to him.

Alford would sort of seems funny & amusing for us non-IU fans. They long for the good ole days at Alford fits that bill and I could see their AD thinking he can pull off a Juwan Howard-like hire — bring the legendary guy back home. But I think that’s a risky move. Lotta pressure coaching a team with a rabid fan base like that when you’re a legend (I’ll refrain from any EJ comparisons). Anyone remember what the scoop was when Alford left Iowa and moved to the New Mexico job? Was he fired from Iowa or more being pushed out the door?

Been watching Beilein on the B1G Network a bit recently and he’s starting to look and speak like his age is taking a toll on him.

Alford would sort of seems funny & amusing for us non-IU fans. They long for the good ole days at Alford fits that bill and I could see their AD thinking he can pull off a Juwan Howard-like hire — bring the legendary guy back home. But I think that’s a risky move. Lotta pressure coaching a team with a rabid fan base like that when you’re a legend (I’ll refrain from any EJ comparisons). Anyone remember what the scoop was when Alford left Iowa and moved to the New Mexico job? Was he fired from Iowa or more being pushed out the door?

Agree on Belein. The more he talks the more I get concerned that his age is an issue. Also don't forget that he problems in Cleveland were in part due to some "communication" issues with the team. May have just been a fish out of water but there might be something else going on there.

I thought the same thing about beilein. However this is the most I have ever heard him speak so it may be normal ?

Lots of people in the IU board still hoping for Stevens and think he is a realistic candidate.

Lots of people in the IU board still hoping for Stevens and think he is a realistic candidate.

That would be a heck of a hire if they could pull it off.

IU fans are pretty delusional so I'll believe it when I see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT