ADVERTISEMENT

Hire the Princeton BB S&C Coach

soundcrib

All American
Oct 7, 2002
My immediate impression attending game 1 of the year was that the everyone on the floor from the opposing team was jacked.

Everyone on our team looks either look small, skinny, or flabby with the exception of Cliff.

Strength certainly wasn’t one of our… strengths.

My immediate impression attending game 1 of the year was that the everyone on the floor from the opposing team was jacked.

Everyone on our team looks either look small, skinny, or flabby with the exception of Cliff.

Strength certainly wasn’t one of our… strengths.
I swear.... xavian Lee let me know first game of the season what type of year this would be for Rutgers basketball. I root for him now days, love his game. Heard he might go to the league..if Simpson came into the year with a changed body like that maybe could have helped him out idk.

Reactions: kcg88
Its more than just the S&C coach. Theirs no culture.

Kentucky has a culture. Look at these 2 Jersey kids just over some months

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jerseylegends
I’ve been curious about S&C. At the beginning of the Pike era, it seemed to be a strength of the program. Last few seasons there seems to have been odd decisions (making Wolf and Paul skinny) and players who clearly needed to add muscle not doing so. Injuries have also gone up. Maybe it is time for a reemphasis on this part of the program

Reactions: rucoe89
Doesn’t this all start with the head coach who sets the culture and instills his principles into the program?

Again we all point to the players for terrible IQ and shooting which is a massive problem but what I constantly hear about is lack of fundamentals, S&C and offensive philosophy. That’s not on the players

We absolutely have to take a hard look at strength and conditioning. I don’t give a rat’s tushee that Van Dyke is the assistant AD for whatever - we look weak and soft out there, and players who have been in the program don’t look strong at all.

Being saying this for years. Good for Stony Brook but not a B1G strength and conditioning coach. I'm not sure the players even know where the weight room is.

Its more than just the S&C coach. Theirs no culture.

Kentucky has a culture. Look at these 2 Jersey kids just over some months

Kentucky is basically a minor league system for the NBA. Calipari has openly said he is more focused on getting his guys to the league than winning championships, which has greatly upset the locals. I don’t think u can compare them to us.

Great point. Idk what the regiment is during the off season but based on the look of things ….. it doesn’t seem like players are getting bigger. Derek Simpson should have put on some muscle. Even GG he should have been living in the gym during the summer. Eating protein bars 24/7.
Hopefully seeing his competition up close. He will be lifting from yesterday to about end of summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT