ADVERTISEMENT

Are Knights pulling for the B10 @ the final 4?

I had Michigan-Purdue for the championship in my bracket with Michigan winning it all. If Haas didn’t go down, very possible it could’ve happened. Even though Loyola is a great story, B1G all the way. Mad respect for our conference brethrens’ game.

I thought Villanova was gonna win it all for most of the season. But I can't root for them.
And no way can I root for Me-Chicken. Period.
Go Loyola.

Mixed emotions on this:
Daughter is a Nova grad so wil be happy if they win
Michigan is B10 so will be happy if they win
Loyola is great story and will be happy if they win
Only one bad choice.

Rooting for Michigan/B1G, however, if Loyola wins I'm ok. I've really enjoyed watching Loyola play in this tournament and like their players. It's a great story.
Hopefully the winner of Michigan - Loyola wins the Championship. Can't stand Villanova and not a fan of Kansas either.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I love the Loyola story but I also would root for Michigan because they are in the BIG. I definitely want the winner of that game to win it all.

Reactions: shields
Anyone but Nova for me. Since Beilein isn't a prick like Harbaugh, I have no problem rooting for Michigan in the Final Four. Plus B1G hasn't won it in a long time (Sparty in 2000 I believe was the last NC in basketball for the B1G).

I can't stand Nova living here in Philly. People with absolutely zero ties to the school other than they live in and around Philly are rooting for Nova...it makes me sick. Maybe they'll have their NC parade on Lancaster Avenue in Radnor if they win it again.

We're in the Big Ten, not the AAC. No need for this conference-first nonsense. Michigan winning a championship doesn't help us in any way. We don't need to promote the league to squeeze a few more pennies out of ESPN. At the same time, nothing good comes of Villanova winning again. Go Loyola/Kansas!

Loyola over Michigan
Kansas over Nova
The Ramblers win the NC
because:
Kkwi.gif

I’ll be rooting for Michigan. But if Michigan loses to Loyola I’ll be pulling for the Sister Jean’s to go all the way.

Beilein I believe around the time we hired Bannon. Not sure timeline, also believe his son was senior in high school and wanted him to finish his senior year where he was. Hard for me to root for him.

If not Nova then Michigan. I understand that there is longstanding dislike for Nova but I have come to appreciate their accomplishments, style of play and just the way that Jay Wright has gone about building that program. I was not crazy about him early in his tenure perhaps because he spurned us and then started with the Jimmy Salmon/Tim Thomas way of building a program. In more recent times, they have become a program we can only hope to emulate in some fashion. High degree of success with kids who stick around and for the most part graduate. At many successful schools these days, you root for the uniform because the 1-2 year and done kids don't hang around long enough for the fans and alum to get to know them. While I think they are the best team, Kansas will certainly give them a game and it should be fun. I think Loyola's journey falls a game short of the final tonight but they have had a great run.

How about Jay Wright snubbing RU way back when?

As I recall Wright would have taken the job if Villanova did not quickly can Lappas when they found out he was close with RU. Beilein I think either declined to interview or pulled out when he was at Richmond then took the WVU the next year.

Last edited:
I had Michigan-Purdue for the championship in my bracket with Michigan winning it all. If Haas didn’t go down, very possible it could’ve happened. Even though Loyola is a great story, B1G all the way. Mad respect for our conference brethrens’ game.
----
I had exactly the same, Purdue vs Mich, with Michigan winning it all.... could not know that
the Purdue center would not play

the wife had Michigan vs Nova in a betting pool, the final with Michigan winning it all..... all the people ahead of her right now either had Virginia or Nova winning, so I think she takes home the grand prize if Michigan wins it..... I think Nova is the obvious favorite but it could happen

If not Nova then Michigan. I understand that there is longstanding dislike for Nova but I have come to appreciate their accomplishments, style of play and just the way that Jay Wright has gone about building that program. I was not crazy about him early in his tenure perhaps because he spurned us and then started with the Jimmy Salmon/Tim Thomas way of building a program. In more recent times, they have become a program we can only hope to emulate in some fashion. High degree of success with kids who stick around and for the most part graduate. At many successful schools these days, you root for the uniform because the 1-2 year and done kids don't hang around long enough for the fans and alum to get to know them. While I think they are the best team, Kansas will certainly give them a game and it should be fun. I think Loyola's journey falls a game short of the final tonight but they have had a great run.
Lappas brought in Salmon/Tim Thomas

Picked Villanova in all my pools, so I'm pulling for them, even though I can't stand them. Rooting for Michigan is only slightly less distasteful than rooting for penn st, syracuse or notre dame.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT