ADVERTISEMENT

Are you going to the Buffalo game this weekend?

Sorry but some of you are. i work with special needs kids so maybe my perspective is different when a kid is in a wheelchair. Not the end of the world we were terrible last week. Another reason why I hate PSU.

My group will go. A chance for a three hour tailgate on a hopefully beautiful day. Then go in to the game and hope for some sort of turn around

Been doing this since the 70’s and have not learned my lesson yet. Disappointment has been gotten used to

Sounds exactly like us. We have a group of 14, all of whom are going, and are actually shy one ticket for a guest. With regard to the group, I'm really the only fanatic RU fan - the rest are certainly fans (although only about 2/3 have RU degrees), but I'd say the tailgating/social element is at least as big of a draw for them as the games.

Although I'm the only one in the group who has been attending since the early 80s as a student. The rest joined me in stages after we started becoming successful under Schiano, with the big jump coming after the 2006 season, when we went from 6 to 12 tickets - so most of them have only seen a couple of years of misery, unlike me, lol.

this is one of those games where if its bad at halftime, you will not feel guilty to bail out and enjoy the nice day elsewhere
If it is bad at halftime everybody can still make it down to Princeton to see them play Monmouth at 4:30. If they drive fast enough maybe throw down a beer or 2 in the lot before the game. 2 tailgates in one day sounds good !

Reactions: megadrone
Of course I’ll be there. The weather is going to be gorgeous, and I’ll be cheering on my alma mater. I predicted that this game would be a loss before the season, so my expectations are already set. Even if we get blown out at home, it will be a far better experience than anything that I would be doing that day.

Scarlet Jerry

We were planning to have a group of 6 for this game. They’ve all bailed. And I’m glad.

Gonna go kayaking and then watch the JMU game, aka “real” football.

I have a schedule conflict.

I'll try to go to the Indiana game the following weekend.

I'll be there, but don't know if I'll drag the wife/kids along for the other 3 tickets. Don't think I'll find anyone else to use them, either.

We were planning to have a group of 6 for this game. They’ve all bailed. And I’m glad.

Gonna go kayaking and then watch the JMU game, aka “real” football.

Yes, that JMU looked impressive last Thursday night. Do you know if they are on TV this weekend?
That will be more enjoyable to watch.

Yes, that JMU looked impressive last Thursday night. Do you know if they are on TV this weekend?
That will be more enjoyable to watch.

Only on the regional NBC Sports network in DC/MD/VA/NC. So unless you're in that region or have a good satellite package that gets you all of the regional NBC sports networks, you'd have to use the Madizone stream, which isn't too bad a production, and the performance is more reliable than ESPN3 in my experience.

They'll have a few games on SNY this season (all at home, vs Elon, Stony Brook, and Rhode Island), and a couple on Fox College Sports (away at Villanova and New Hampshire), and the playoff games will be on ESPN2/3/U.

JMU Football schedule with TV info

Start wearing purple and Go Dukes

I'll be there. Only get 7 of these a year and usually end up having to miss 1 or 2 each year due to work so each one is special. Plus get to spend the day with my daughter and see my brother at the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT