ADVERTISEMENT

Article: Chris Ash 'must' have a decent 3rd year

burger4_0.png

WE NEED POPCORN FOR THREADS LIKE THESE!!

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Putting this here instead of creating a new thread. An interesting, relatively new blog called "Coaches Hot Seat" ranks Ash #14 on its current hot seat list. The Kansas coach is #1.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

This and the Nebraska writer's article are perfect examples of why one needs to venture outside his or her scarlet-colored bubble every once in a while.

How am I "slinging mud?" The article is not an attack on Ash at all. I'd love to know why you and so many others around here are so defensive when it comes to Ash. What has this guy done to learn your absolute loyalty?
It seems they are defensive to you being a freshman...

Reactions: AshHeap
It seems they are defensive to you being a freshman...
Yeah there's definitely an element of the previous regime's "boys club" still desperately trying to control the narrative around here, but they're losing their grip and they know it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Has this site become so desperate for posters that it will allow a known banned troll to post under multiple screen names, just so there is something being talked about???

Reactions: RUbacker
LOL #13 just was hired by the UofA
this year and given a 5 year contract.
The article might suit someone's agenda, but seems like the writer didn't put much effort in finding out which HCs were really on the hot seat
Ash is far from the hot seat. He was brought in to do lots of things with this program and he is doing them. There are several measuring sticks but we have some fantasy league posters that just look at stars and wins . Before we get stars and wins there are multiple foundational initiatives that needed to be put in place . He is building that foundation And he is showing improvement each year.

Hobbs also hired Ash. I don’t see too many AD’s keep their job after failing at the fb head coaching hire. Hobbs will not be in any hurry to pull the plug on Ash. He gets 6 years, unless he wheels totally come off. He may even get 8 to get the thing going.

Agree or disagree with it, we are stuck with Ash for a bit. Might as well try to enjoy it.

Ash is far from the hot seat. He was brought in to do lots of things with this program and he is doing them. There are several measuring sticks but we have some fantasy league posters that just look at stars and wins . Before we get stars and wins there are multiple foundational initiatives that needed to be put in place . He is building that foundation And he is showing improvement each year.

I don't know if Ash will be fired if he has similar results to his 1st year but one thing will be answered is that he is not the answer. He should have at a minimum a 4-2 start if not 5-1. If can be competitive in his last 6 games and win one out of 6, hell, that's progress. I fear a 4-6 record and another mediocre record than a change is envitable, in year 3 Ash needs to show forward momentum. We have some playmakers on offense, Melton, Pacheco, Sitkowski,.... A defense that should be better than last year, a 6-6 record is very reasonable expectation.

It’s reality deal with it in your fantasy brain.
If you think ash has a free pass for 6 years, perhaps 8 as the post said then youre a simpleton of epic proportions. If Ash doesnt bowl this year AND continues to get blown out, hes canned after the 2019 season

If you think ash has a free pass for 6 years, perhaps 8 as the post said then youre a simpleton of epic proportions. If Ash doesnt bowl this year AND continues to get blown out, hes canned after the 2019 season
Go away already. You only come around to pile on to the negativity. Never said 8 years but you think he is on hot seat this year with no inside connections or first hand knowledge. It gets old with people like you just shouting things out loud enough to make it seem like it’s fact. Can’t you go to the other board ?

Go away already. You only come around to pile on to the negativity. Never said 8 years but you think he is on hot seat this year with no inside connections or first hand knowledge. It gets old with people like you just shouting things out loud enough to make it seem like it’s fact. Can’t you go to the other board ?
Im rooting for us to win and win alot this year. But lets say we dont, lets say we go 4-8 or 5-7 and get blown out by 5 teams. And then in 2019 we go 3-9 or 4-8. Why should ash keep his job?

He has a 4 year pass, after his 4th season isnt it fair to say hes been given a fair shot?

Im rooting for us to win and win alot this year. But lets say we dont, lets say we go 4-8 or 5-7 and get blown out by 5 teams. And then in 2019 we go 3-9 or 4-8. Why should ash keep his job?

He has a 4 year pass, after his 4th season isnt it fair to say hes been given a fair shot?
He has been here only two years , this is his third . Why don’t you just support the team and worry about his firing after the season . You seem obsessed with his firing .

He has been here only two years , this is his third . Why don’t you just support the team and worry about his firing after the season . You seem obsessed with his firing .
Just trying to have a discussion. Can you answer my above questions

Ash started off bad.
He improved last season.
If he continues that improvement his 3rd year,
he won't be on the hot seat his 4th.
But if RU isn't showing improved play on both sides this season, Ash's job should be on the line in his 4th season . Then if Rutgers FB doesn't look like it will turn the corner under him and become a competitive program he should be let go after his fourth year.

Ash now has two years under his belt as a HC, it's time for him to start showing he can
make RU into a good program in the near future and is on the way there.
To be fair to Ash he needs 4 years to show he can.
To be fair to Rutgers, Ash has to have RU playing the best competitively by the end of his fourth year

Why don’t you just support the team and worry about his firing after the season.
Translation: "If you don't agree with me you're not a real Rutgers fan." That used to be how it worked around these parts. Not anymore.

Ash fans: What has the coach done so far in his Rutgers tenure to earn your loyalty? I am asking this question as an honest attempt to understand your point of view. Would love to get some responses that don't involve the usual insults or attacks. Why do you like Coach Ash so much?

Ash fans: What has the coach done so far in his Rutgers tenure to earn your loyalty? I am asking this question as an honest attempt to understand your point of view. Would love to get some responses that don't involve the usual insults or attacks. Why do you like Coach Ash so much?

Not a Ash fan or against Ash, just a RU fan. He has made mistakes for a rookie head coach that competes against some of the best coaches in the business. He has also shown an ability to learn from his mistakes and make the necessary changes. The man certainly knows his defense and I expect to see a tremendous improvement on that side of the ball and our offense can go nowhere but up after a disaster of the first 2 years under Ash. He's making a solid effort to improve relationships with local high schools and if he ever shows improvement on the field, watch out, recruiting will take off. He's not stubborn, seems to learn from his mistakes, knows defense, hired a seasoned OC to handle that side of the ball, bringing infrastructure in place from his experience at Ohio St. and other top programs, if he can put together a 6-6 season and avoid blowouts, the direction of his program changes to the positive, if he goes 3-9, 4-8 than he's not the answer and he's left a good program for whoever is next unlike what Flood left for him.

Reactions: AshHeap and Zak57
if he can put together a 6-6 season and avoid blowouts, the direction of his program changes to the positive, if he goes 3-9, 4-8 than he's not the answer and he's left a good program for whoever is next unlike what Flood left for him.
I agree. Thanks.

Putting this here instead of creating a new thread. An interesting, relatively new blog called "Coaches Hot Seat" ranks Ash #14 on its current hot seat list. The Kansas coach is #1.

This and the Nebraska writer's article are perfect examples of why one needs to venture outside his or her scarlet-colored bubble every once in a while.

That is an interesting table.

I like the fact that it lists all the coaches salaries for comparison purposes.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT