ADVERTISEMENT

Ash has one chance

scarlet65

Redshirt
Nov 26, 2010
If you think things are bad this year, "wait til next year" because things are going to get worse before they get better. Once this season class leaves, next year's senior class is horrible. Jackson is a player. Seymour, Hayes and Previlon are just not very good.

Ash has one chance to turn this around and that doesn't mean a winning record, more like 4-5 wins. He needs to get those 4 guys back after this CC thing and needs at least 9 JUCO guys who can actually come in and start next year. And 3 of them need to be DL guys with 2 DB's and a LB.

The other 3 need to be 2 OL players who can come in and start along with one Turzilli type WR with size and speed.

If he doesn't get that, look for another 1-2 win season. You can't win with 2 bad lines and that's exactly what Rutgers will have next year.

Our future hinges on getting back a group that committed credit card fraud and a number of other wishes.

You waited 8 years to post that...oh boy are we in trouble lol

I've been a season ticket holder for 55 years so I waited even longer than that. Hard to believe but the most successful Rutgers HC since Frank Burns is Kyle Flood. Schiano was the only other one over 500 and his record was 68-67. That's it for the past 35 years. And in all of that time, Rutgers has never hired a head coach with experience as a HC.

You'd think by now someone would have figured out that it might be best to hire someone who had actually been a successful head coach somewhere, hell, anyway.

If I'm around, I'll post again in 2026.

I've been a season ticket holder for 55 years so I waited even longer than that. Hard to believe but the most successful Rutgers HC since Frank Burns is Kyle Flood. Schiano was the only other one over 500 and his record was 68-67. That's it for the past 35 years. And in all of that time, Rutgers has never hired a head coach with experience as a HC.

You'd think by now someone would have figured out that it might be best to hire someone who had actually been a successful head coach somewhere, hell, anyway.

If I'm around, I'll post again in 2026.

All the respect to you, you are a loyal son.

Reactions: redking
even if the players like this guy... and I believe they probably do... I don't think that they respect and have any Saban-esque fear of him. there is just no fire at all on this team and I've just never seen any college football team with complete, utter lack of fire and enthusiasm for the most part. complete lack of fundamentals and it's mind-boggling.

Reactions: buffalochicken21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT