ADVERTISEMENT

Football Augie Hoffmann to Rutgers

giphy.gif

Reactions: scripts
Two N's btw

recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting,

Is all of that information in that link correct?
Where is "Park Ride" NJ? His wife is Drew?

"Personal
Hometown: Park Ride, N.J.
Alma Mater: Boston College, 2004
Wife: Drew"

Park Ridge is a norther Bergen county town. It is up by Montvale and Saddle River, one of the last exits on the Parkway. When I was in my early 20s I used to go up to the Park Ridge Marriott and hang out at their bar on Saturday nights. Back then it was a pretty happening spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Well, if nothing else, this coaching staff will create significant data-points that (hopefully) prove or (possibly) disprove the theory that NJ ties have any bearing on RUFB's success. Is there anyone on the staff not in possession of plenty of NJ ties?

Is it truly true that we can never have too many NJ ties?

81IGnguKZCL._UX385_.jpg

and...

NKT-STD-W31440_715eb89e-4078-40cb-b576-d64c424c28c3_800x.jpg

Par Ridge is a norther Bergen county town. It is up by Monvale and Saddle River, one of the last exits on the Parkway. When I was in my early 20s I used to go up to the Park Ridge Marriott and hang out at their bar on Saturday nights. Back then it was a pretty happening spot.

Don't know whether it is intentional or not, but you typed "Par Ridge" and "Monvale."

Maybe modern keyboards have omitted "t" and "k" and "g." :Wink:

Guess the announcement from Scarletknights.com meant "Park Ridge."

Don't know whether it is intentional or not, but you typed "Par Ridge" and "Monvale."

Maybe modern keyboards have omitted "t" and "k" and "g." :Wink:

Guess the announcement from Scarletknights.com meant "Park Ridge."

LOL I fixed it. fingers are not working too smoothly this morning! Need more coffee.

Reactions: Knight Shift
LOL I fixed it. fingers are not working too smoothly this morning! Need more coffee.
It started with the SK.com announcement!! In our office, where we do a lot of documents/editing, there are two situations at are set in stone:
1. The author of a document is terrible at proofreading their own work.
2. After the second error, the errors tend to snowball into an avalanche.

Park Ridge HS has been very good lately. I think their Group 1, don't know if any of their players get D1 offers. They were putting up 40 points per game.

Reactions: redking
Two N's btw

recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting,
You can say that again.

This offseason has really broken well for us even if Camp doesn’t end up here. OSU and Michigan recruiting ties to NJ have been weakened, Hafley hasn’t put together a killer staff, and GS continues to deliver on just about every high profile NJ coach out there whether in college or HS.

Last edited:
Well, if nothing else, this coaching staff will create significant data-points that (hopefully) prove or (possibly) disprove the theory that NJ ties have any bearing on RUFB's success. Is there anyone on the staff not in possession of plenty of NJ ties?

Is it truly true that we can never have too many NJ ties?

81IGnguKZCL._UX385_.jpg

and...

NKT-STD-W31440_715eb89e-4078-40cb-b576-d64c424c28c3_800x.jpg
Do I have to do everything around here? For those of you looking for New Jersey and Rutgers ties...

Reactions: mildone
This is g:Rutgerseat !!!!!!! Cue Maranda Curtis ! :Rutgers:):CHOP:

Last edited:
I hope we start to see this, to varying degrees, in all Rutgers sports. :Rutgers:CHOP:

This offseason has really broken well for us even if Camp doesn’t end up here. OSU and Michigan recruiting ties to NJ have been weakened, Hafley hasn’t put together a killer staff, and GS continues to deliver on just about every high profile NJ coach out there whether in college or HS.
I think just like the B1G leadership, the state of NJ as well as NYC has been waiting a really long time for Rutgers to get serious about their football program. RU has been called the sleeping giant for decades... we saw it for a few years in the 2000s and when the last of Schiano's recruits made some noise the first year in the new conference, hopefully we finally see the potential met sometime this new decade.

So, I think this is all correct - please let me know if I'm off base...

The offensive staff looks like:
OC - Gleeson
OL - Aurich
WR - Underwood
RB - Smith (if he's retained)
TBD - Campanile
TBD - Hoffman

And the defensive staff looks like:
DC - TBD (possibly Campanile)
DL - Panagos
LB - Fraser
DB - Brown

Special Teams - TBD
S&C - Parker (if he's retained)

So the questions are:
- Who will be DC? Seems like there's a lot of signs pointing to Campanile, but nothing official yet.
- Will Parker and Smith be retained? Parker may have been at least retained so the kids could continue with their S&C while a search continues, or he may be retained for next year too. No idea about Smith.
- Who is Special Teams? If Smith is retained, it's possible that Nunzio Campanile is given ST (and TEs)? If Smith isn't retained, then possibly Hoffman or Campanile get RBs, and we're still looking for a ST Coordinator.

Reactions: soundcrib
I think just like the B1G leadership, the state of NJ as well as NYC has been waiting a really long time for Rutgers to get serious about their football program. RU has been called the sleeping giant for decades... we saw it for a few years in the 2000s and when the last of Schiano's recruits made some noise the first year in the new conference, hopefully we finally see the potential met sometime this new decade.
Loved everything about the post except decade. I feel like we are switching from an early steam train to one of those cars they run on the Utah salt flats! :Rutgers:CHOP:

So, I think this is all correct - please let me know if I'm off base...

The offensive staff looks like:
OC - Gleeson
OL - Aurich
WR - Underwood
RB - Smith (if he's retained)
TBD - Campanile
TBD - Hoffman

And the defensive staff looks like:
DC - TBD (possibly Campanile)
DL - Panagos
LB - Fraser
DB - Brown

Special Teams - TBD
S&C - Parker (if he's retained)

So the questions are:
- Who will be DC? Seems like there's a lot of signs pointing to Campanile, but nothing official yet.
- Will Parker and Smith be retained? Parker may have been at least retained so the kids could continue with their S&C while a search continues, or he may be retained for next year too. No idea about Smith.
- Who is Special Teams? If Smith is retained, it's possible that Nunzio Campanile is given ST (and TEs)? If Smith isn't retained, then possibly Hoffman or Campanile get RBs, and we're still looking for a ST Coordinator.

My guess is Nunz will stay with TEs and Hoffman will an OL asst., but we shall see

My guess is Nunz will stay with TEs and Hoffman will an OL asst., but we shall see

We can only have 10 assistants, and we still need someone over special teams.

So, either...
- N. Campanile or Hoffman would have to be named ST coordinator (more likely Campanile, imo, possibly in addition to another role),
- One of the other hired coaches must be named ST coordinator (though their roles were part of their announcements), or
- Smith's spot would go to a ST coordinator and either N. Campanile or Hoffman would coach RBs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT