ADVERTISEMENT

NIT Brackets Being Announced Now

Doctor Worm

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2002
Seton Hall #1 seed against St Joe's

Interesting BE matchup - BC at Providence.

Princeton #2 seed hosting UNLV.

Ohio State #2 seed hosting Cornell.

More to come. So far no mention of teams turning down bids

Reactions: Scangg
Seton Hall #1 seed against St Joe's

Interesting BE matchup - BC at Providence.

Princeton #2 seed hosting UNLV.

Ohio State #2 seed hosting Cornell.

More to come. So far no mention of teams turning down bids
Butler #4 seed hosting Minnesota.

Villanova #1 seed (wut) hosting VCU.

UCF vs. USF in a 4-5 local matchup.

Iowa #3 vs. K-State.

There are of course other games but those are the ones which caught my eye.

Still no mention of teams turning down bids.

I really think one of the reasons Indiana turned it down was because they knew the committee would have sent them to Terre Haute to play Indiana State. And you know they wanted no parts of that

Copy and pasted this...

Indiana, Memphis, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Pitt, St. John’s, and Washington (possibly more) turned down the NIT

Xavier is in at 16-17
Which suggests to me that there were more teams declining NIT bids than has been made public. I can't see Xavier being selected over Syracuse. Cuse must have declined. I suspect there were others

Locally, Princeton - UNLV is a very intriuging game.

Glad many teams accepted bids and as a College BB junkie - the more the better - and the juicier the better !

If I wasn't away in Florida this week and busy with Italy soccer this weekend, I'd definitely check out a game at Walsh or Jadwin

If SHU or PU makes the quarters, I'll likely attend. I assume they'd be playing all their NIT games at Walsh?

Reactions: biker7766
If I wasn't away in Florida this week and busy with Italy soccer this weekend, I'd definitely check out a game at Walsh or Jadwin

If SHU or PU makes the quarters, I'll likely attend. I assume they'd be playing all their NIT games at Walsh?
The last time I was in Walsh was to see a WWF show in the late 70s. How many people does it seat? Isn't it like a HS gym?

Locally, Princeton - UNLV is a very intriuging game.

Glad many teams accepted bids and as a College BB junkie - the more the better - and the juicier the better !
may make the trip to Jadwin myself. Always fun to catch a tourney game.

may make the trip to Jadwin myself. Always fun to catch a tourney game.
anyone interested here is the link I used. All the broker sites don't have them yet. I went direct to PU , created an account and scored two sideline tix for $20 each lol. (parking is free at PU IIRC).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT