ADVERTISEMENT

B1G coaches want conference to act regarding sign stealing

MrsScrew

Heisman Winner
Sep 27, 2006
NJ
The B1G coaches are mad & want action

"People don't understand the seriousness of it," said another source. "How it truly impacted the game plan. To truly know if it's a run or a pass, people don't understand how much of an advantage that was for Michigan."

There was anger interspersed throughout the call, as one source described the sentiment as: "Every game they played is tainted."

Let’s see who has a set .
BIG could ban Michigan from title game .
CFP committee could simply just not select them for a playoff spot .

Schiano was lying at Indiana post game presser. Anyone still think he was talking about the officials at the halftime interview ?
Plum was the first or second in the entire USA to make the correlation to that interview and sign stealing ! Legend grows!!

Anything less than forfeited games from the past 2 seasons is an unacceptable punishment

They systematically knowingly cheated . No different than playing games with 12 guys vs 11. It’s a competitive advantage they tried to gain by cheating. Whether that advantage was worth 1 play a game or more, doesn’t matter.

They should be forfeiting games. Anything less and you’re showing (again) that rules don’t mean a damn thing and the integrity of the game means nothing.

Anything less than forfeited games from the past 2 seasons is an unacceptable punishment

They systematically knowingly cheated . No different than playing games with 12 guys vs 11. It’s a competitive advantage they tried to gain by cheating. Whether that advantage was worth 1 play a game or more, doesn’t matter.

They should be forfeiting games. Anything less and you’re showing (again) that rules don’t mean a damn thing and the integrity of the game means nothing.
Forfeits and vacating wins are mostly crap . Unless you do it right now so this way they aren’t eligible for the BIG championship game and college football playoff. .

Schiano was lying at Indiana post game presser. Anyone still think he was talking about the officials at the halftime interview ?
Plum was the first or second in the entire USA to make the correlation to that interview and sign stealing ! Legend grows!!
Bold to call someone a liar. Legends don't accuse people without knowing all the facts.

Reactions: Plum Street
Bold to call someone a liar. Legends don't accuse people without knowing all the facts.
I didn’t call him a liar. Posted he was lying. There is a difference
Everyone tells a little white lie once in a while …even legends.

If you can't enforce the rules, why have them? There needs to be consequences, and a postseason ban for this year seems appropriate.

I agree with Plum that vacating wins are mostly meaningless; however, I disagree that Schiano was talking about sign stealing during his comments at the halftime at the Michigan game. It was pretty clear that the refs were blowing critical calls - the "phantom hold" begin the most obvious and the one that changed the whole game. He was clearly upset at the refs, seeming like they were intentionally against Rutgers having a shot at winning. I understand that refs are human, but the calls during that game were ridiculous, and the worst that I've probably witnessed as a fan of the program.

That's not going to happen, and I can't see how the NCAA rules before the end of the season.

From the AP:

Selection committee chairman Boo Corrigan, who is the North Carolina State athletic director, said the allegations against Michigan were not part of the debate about where the Wolverines should be ranked. He called it an NCAA issue, not a CFP issue.

“Fact of the matter is no one knows what happened,” CFP executive director Bill Hancock said. “The NCAA is dealing right now with allegations only. The committee’s judgments are based on what happened on the field. And clearly Michigan has been a dominant team.”

Reactions: cicero grimes

"People don't understand the seriousness of it," said another source. "How it truly impacted the game plan. To truly know if it's a run or a pass, people don't understand how much of an advantage that was for Michigan."

There was anger interspersed throughout the call, as one source described the sentiment as: "Every game they played is tainted."

I've got an idea. Post season ban this year. Post season ban next year. Post season ban the following year. Nice and simple. Matches up with how long this scheme was in force.

If you can't enforce the rules, why have them? There needs to be consequences, and a postseason ban for this year seems appropriate.

I agree with Plum that vacating wins are mostly meaningless; however, I disagree that Schiano was talking about sign stealing during his comments at the halftime at the Michigan game. It was pretty clear that the refs were blowing critical calls - the "phantom hold" begin the most obvious and the one that changed the whole game. He was clearly upset at the refs, seeming like they were intentionally against Rutgers having a shot at winning. I understand that refs are human, but the calls during that game were ridiculous, and the worst that I've probably witnessed as a fan of the program.
It seems that if the refs were worried about RU pulling an upset, they could have waited till we were further into the game before blowing bogus whistles
An early overreaction, so many games begin with the underdog jumping out to an early, sometimes two td lead, only to have it fade away as the better team asserts itself

I doubt the Big Ten does anything this year, if at all. Having two teams in the playoffs is B1G money!
THIS is it right here, HOWEVER....if the other 13 schools all agree to earn, what, maybe $2M LESS this year - as their cut of that particular BCS share - it should be a very, very simple decision for the man at the top. I think we (RU) can live with that figure (although there is ZERO question the Star Liar will do a piece about it slamming RU for daring to making such a decision blah, blah, bullshit!).

if in helmet comms are banned to level the field in terms of costs, allowing budgets for sign stealing expenses at dozens of games breaks the spirit of that goal.

At the end of the day of the day the game still has to get played, with or without sign knowledge.

Maybe the penalty should be loss of home field advantage for a season.

Reactions: megadrone

The way he phrased it was a funny way to be talking about refs imo. Not saying you’re right or wrong but wouldn’t surprise me either way.

Reactions: Plum Street

These games often come down to a few key plays. Any advantage can be a big deal imo.

He was totally talking about it .
And then he backtracked it at the Indiana post game presser . Schiano doesn’t often say “yeah the officials sucked and I was saying they sucked to BTN”
I doubt schiano stayed silent on the video call yesterday .

why have rules if nothing is enforced

ncaa has lost so much credibility it's become the running joke that they'll sanction you. The BIG needs to lead the way.
The problem with the BIG it is happening to the golden child of the league. So that’s the predicament the BIG leadership is in . There would also be this dilemma if it was Ohio state.
Any of the other 12 would be banned from the title game by now. The BIG is hoping Ohio state beats them and wins the east

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Archvillain Connor Stalions' 'most wanted' posters need to be hung at every B1G stadium.

This guy is the Lex Luthor of sign stealing.

The problem with the BIG it is happening to the golden child of the league. So that’s the predicament the BIG leadership is in . There would also be this dilemma if it was Ohio state.
Any of the other 12 would be banned from the title game by now. The BIG is hoping Ohio state beats them and wins the east
And that will be more obvious if a ban comes down after an Ohio State win in the game.

I've got an idea. Post season ban this year. Post season ban next year. Post season ban the following year. Nice and simple. Matches up with how long this scheme was in force.

And forfeit wins from prior games. We and everyone else should get those games as wins or non-contests.

So you want to call him a liar for the statement in the Indiana post game ?

I wouldn’t , he was just saying what he needed to say at that point to call off the sharks
No he's not a liar. You are saying he was talking about the spying with no confirmation of that at all. He was mad at the officials as he said

Reactions: TRU2RU

7-1!!!!!!!

here is the thing- this has gotten way too much attention for both the NCAA and the B1G. It has been mentioned by a team they also faced in the playoffs last year. seems that the other golden child, OSU isn't too happy about it either. Now, the dude is almost certainly found on CMU's sideline. If something comes down after the playoffs and Michigan was in them or even wins them- then it looks even worse then banning them now.

BTW- I half agree with Plum. I do think Greg was talking the plays when he started his HT comment and then realized what he was doing and you could hear his voice change a little and then he just made it about the obvious to everyone- the refs.
Penalties- if they vacate wins- do to the nature of the offense- the losses for the other teams should also either be vacated, not changed to a win but for example- we should become 6-1
They should get a 2 year post season ban and lose a handful of scholarships.

I mean they literally cheated. Should be banned from post season and wins vacated. Will never happen though. Maybe if it were Eastern Michigan.

Weird that you talk about and compliment yourself in the first person.

I agree Michigan certainly looks to have cheated.

But what can the BIG do either way they upset one of their 2 bell weather institutions. Do nothing OSU is angry and maybe pushes them to start listening to other conferences, punish Michigan same outcome. It will be interesting.

I agree Michigan certainly looks to have cheated.

But what can the BIG do either way they upset one of their 2 bell weather institutions. Do nothing OSU is angry and maybe pushes them to start listening to other conferences, punish Michigan same outcome. It will be interesting.
Well- since OSU has had their last 2 coaches pushed out...They may want to see Michigan get a good spanking for a change

Reactions: TRU2RU

But wait, didn't Aschocan or whaterver his name is, say that everyone in the know knows that this has no real impact, nobody in college football cares, and overall it doesn't matter? He even had a quote from Deon Sanders!

Last edited:
Greg Schiano is a cautious smooth operator. I think there is very little chance that he would be out front accusing Michigan on national TV, before the investigation broke. That's not his MO. And it seemed obvious at the time that he was talking about the officiating which was abhorrent.

So, Plum credibility shot to pieces! (Imaginary) Legend status gone. 😁

Reactions: TRU2RU and WhiteBus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT