ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball B1G Home / Away Opponents announced

The 3 teams that don’t come to the Rac this year are Iowa, Michigan State and Ohio State. Each will be top 25 potential with Michigan State being a preseason 1 in some polls. Wins on the road against these squads are tough and thus would have loved to have them home with better chance to win and build resume for next season.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
The 3 teams that don’t come to the Rac this year are Iowa, Michigan State and Ohio State. Each will be top 25 potential with Michigan State being a preseason 1 in some polls. Wins on the road against these squads are tough and thus would have loved to have them home with better chance to win and build resume for next season.
That's the negative way to look at the schedule. I see the 3 home only games all as winnable and we only play MSU once. We beat both Iowa and OSU last year. This schedule is very favorable overall IMO

I don’t know

I see this schedule as BRUTAL

Seven of the 10 road games against ncaa teams from the big ten ...only skipping Minnesota

Lot of quad 1 chances on the road ..9/10 likely quad 1 or quad 2 games

10-10 really could dance with this schedule

Need to make hay at home

I like it. I especially like the fact that many of the teams are now fretting playing at the RAC and that we're not an easy win at their domiciles....and we're only going to keep getting better (insert evil laughter here)

Schedule is fine. It is not hard or easy. If our sophomores make a reasonable jump and we add one more piece we go 10-10.

I agree. First hoops schedule since we've been in the B1G that I didn't want to puke after seeing it. Although, I am quite sure our first two December league games will be Maryland and @Michigan State.

(IMO) One of the big keys in 2019-20 is winning games at home consistently. That schedule allows 6-4/7-3 at the RAC to be a realistic goal. Our two best teams of the last 20 years, '03-'04 and '05-'06, went 16-2 and 12-5 respectively at the RAC.

Last edited:
We need to post a win against Mich/Mich St/Purdue trifecta...we can only get to 10 Wins if we split with Mich/Purdue.... best feeling in world would be crushing these teams at home in front of sellout crowds!!!!!
Major step for the program...

RIDICULOUSLY EARLY GUESSES (caps on purpose)

Indiana 65%
Minny 75%
NW 75%
at Iowa 15%
at MSU 10%
at OSU 20%
MD 60%
at MD 25%
Wisky 70%
at Wisky 30%
Nebby 75%
at Nebby 35%
PSU 70%
at PSU 30%
ILL 65%
at ILL 25%
PUR 50%
at PUR 15%
MICh 40%
at Mich 10%

If you are on board with these....we win 8.6 games.

Being favored in 8 out of 10 home games might be a little optimistic though.

Indiana 65%
Minny 75%
NW 75%
at Iowa 15%
at MSU 10%
at OSU 20%
MD 60%
at MD 25%
Wisky 70%
at Wisky 30%
Nebby 75%
at Nebby 35%
PSU 70%
at PSU 30%
ILL 65%
at ILL 25%
PUR 50%
at PUR 15%
MICh 40%
at Mich 10%

I think Iowa has a chance to be really good this year, but (IMO) they are our best matchup in the league. Is our only loss to them in our last 4 meetings the buzzer beater at the RAC? On the other hand Ohio State is one of our worst. Might move @Iowa closer to 30-35%.

We know Iowa is super talented offensively. Probably top 5 or top 10 offensive team. I also think they know they will be good. I question the coaching and "the guts" of the team.

Also, maybe overthinking things, there will be now 2 McCaffreys in the rotation. At what point do non McCaffrey players get upset about not getting minutes. I think this something worth watching.

Moving them to 35% I can't do though. 20-25% I might stomach.

I am probably an inch high on all my estimates. 8 1/2 wins feels too high, but I do like the schedule.

8-12, plus or minus one game m, looks like the conventional pick with the brain

Think we can get to 10 though

As overrated as Cook is IMO, they almost need him with Garza being their only other big man with major minutes. They may not be as good as expected.
Why do you consider Tyler Cook to be overrated?

Indiana 65%
Minny 75%
NW 75%
at Iowa 15%
at MSU 10%
at OSU 20%
MD 60%
at MD 25%
Wisky 70%
at Wisky 30%
Nebby 75%
at Nebby 35%
PSU 70%
at PSU 30%
ILL 65%
at ILL 25%
PUR 50%
at PUR 15%
MICh 40%
at Mich 10%

Other than MD, Pur, MSU and Mich away games I don’t see any other away game RU has a less than 40% chance of pulling out. IMHO all other away games should be 50-50, 40-60 RU chance of winning.

GO RU

If you had a pen and could choose a home and away game in December what would it be?

NW and @Michigan State. May as well get @MSU out of the way and I'd love to couple that with our most likely win. I think a likely path to a 1-1 start getting @MSU out of the way would be my choice.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Not that Michigan won't be good next year anyway, but Jordan Poole is officially staying in the draft now. So Matthews, Poole and Iggy all definitely gone. That's 40 ppg combined, and their only 3 scorers that averaged double digits.

Makes getting them twice next year a lot more palatable, as they could have been a top ten team in the country again before the defections.

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Not that Michigan won't be good next year anyway, but Jordan Poole is officially staying in the draft now. So Matthews, Poole and Iggy all definitely gone. That's 40 ppg combined, and their only 3 scorers that averaged double digits.

Makes getting them twice next year a lot more palatable, as they could have been a top ten team in the country again before the defections.
Surprised at Poole. Don't think he's ready. Ziggy thinks he's ready but he's not.

Reactions: dkostus
Brazdeikis grew up in the US/Canada but surely still has family in Lithuania. He might be more okay with starting his career overseas than other players.

As for what's left for Michigan... Simpson is an elite defender and having an experienced senior PG means a lot. Jon Teske is really good. Isaiah Livers can stroke it from 3 and will get a bigger role.

Beyond those three there's not any proven talent, but Beilein is a great coach who always finds guys and coaches them up.

He flirted with the NBA last year and came back presumably to improve his outside game after getting feedback. Instead, his shooting pct went down fairly significantly and he regressed. I watched most of Iowa’s B1G games, and he seemed to disappear in crunch time, as others shined. He has very limited range so he can’t really play the 3 and is undersized as a 4 in the NBA. He became a third option on Iowa, not ideal for a supposed NBA prospect.

Had a kid out with an injury this season-----Pemsil ?

Kid wasn't a bad player.

He flirted with the NBA last year and came back presumably to improve his outside game after getting feedback. Instead, his shooting pct went down fairly significantly and he regressed. I watched most of Iowa’s B1G games, and he seemed to disappear in crunch time, as others shined. He has very limited range so he can’t really play the 3 and is undersized as a 4 in the NBA. He became a third option on Iowa, not ideal for a supposed NBA prospect.
That is a very good analysis. I agree with you btw. I think he made a mistake going to Iowa tbh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT