ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball B1G Opponents for 2022-23 hoops season

Overall, not brutal. The away only group is a little rough. Not having to go to Crisler is always a plus.

Away group is tough but overall not bad. Path to at least 10 B1G wins is there which should be tournament worthy

Reactions: RUDieHard
Thats a tough road draw for sure, but grateful we only have to play those guys once. 10 is feasible.

Preseason rankings from Torvik
IahT1eJ.png

Is this an automatic type of rotation, or is there discretion exercised by the B1G? It just seems odd that one of the teams that is a natural rival for us -- Maryland -- we only play once. You'd think the B1G would want to cultivate the rivalry.
The only protected rivalries are Michigan-Michigan State and Indiana-Purdue. Those two matchups happen twice every season no matter what. The rest is just a simple rotation: whichever six teams we play once this season we'll play twice next season, along with one "play twice" carryover. This year that carryover is Penn State (played them twice last season and twice this season). FWIW this is the second time recently Penn State has been our carryover, so that's sort of a rivalry. Counting this upcoming year, we'll have played them twice in 4 of 5 seasons. h/t @High Quality H2O

Maryland should always be a home and home series every year, in my opinion.

If we can get even one of those three away onlies, that would be great for the tournament resume. But please lets beat all the teams we shouldnt lose to this year.

Reactions: phlop87
I like this schedule. The 3 single opponents on the road are tough but it will help our SOS if we can win at least one of them. I like our NCAA chances.

Maryland should always be a home and home series every year, in my opinion.
If the programs agreed to perhaps a neutral site, could Maryland and Rutgers schedule a “rivalry” (2nd) game that does not count in Big Ten standings?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT