ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Portal Update

Along with Davison returning so does Eli Brooks returning to Michigan. Anthony Gaines of NW transfers to Siena.

Seth Lundy back to Penn State and Wisconsin got a transfer from Wake Forest - Jahcobi Heath.

Butler to Indiana to OSU

A joke that a kid plays on 3 teams
Brunk is a local Indianapolis kid, recruited by Chris Holtmann to Butler. He tragically lost his dad as a freshman, and has credited Holtmann with helping him cope.

Holtmann leaves to go to OSU, Brunk eventually leaves Butler but stays fairly local at IU.

His coach gets fired, so he decides to go elsewhere for his final year and returns to Holtmann, the coach who originally recruited him and whom he had a close bond with.

The transfer portal has made the sport a mess, but in this specific case it’s a nice story.

I'm pretty sure that free-agency is going to lessen my enjoyment of college sports. I hope I'm wrong, because I love college sports. I know I'm old-fashioned, naive, and hypocritical about it it...
Wait until they add a 4 point shot.

Iowa message boards sound like a bunch of fans here.. "Fran McCaffery needs to get active in the portal or we are doomed ".....

It is a very long offseason and Iowa fans are still very annoyed that their 2-seed Hawkeyes were destroyed by Oregon in the 2nd round. Anxiety across fanbases is definitely impacted by the transfer portal.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Ironic that Ohio State took Joey Brunk after courting and not landing John Harrar from Penn State. Kids overplay their hands a lot of times, this looks like the case with Harrar, he's not going to dictate starting to a NCAA caliber program or coach.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Iowa message boards sound like a bunch of fans here.. "Fran McCaffery needs to get active in the portal or we are doomed ".....

It is a very long offseason and Iowa fans are still very annoyed that their 2-seed Hawkeyes were destroyed by Oregon in the 2nd round. Anxiety across fanbases is definitely impacted by the transfer portal.
I can see why they would be worried. This was THEIR YEAR to make a run at a title or the Final Four. National POY, lots of shooters on the perimeter, great offense. Next year... no Garza, Nunge left, Weiskamp might go pro, Bohannon is on the fence for returning (I see a report that he would only return if NIL is made legal in Iowa, which it wasn't), and now CJF may transfer out. This could be a huge drain of talent with a lot of questions over what they will add.

Evan Miya - CBB Analytics - has Harrar and McClung ranked #1 and #2 amongst available transfers. Securing their commitments would quickly and resoundingly quiet some fatalists...myself included. 🤫

Rumors are that EJ may be looking elsewhere if he's stuck playing as the 5 again, so they are trying to prevent that from
Rumors are that EJ may be looking elsewhere if he's stuck playing as the 5 again, so they are trying to prevent that from happening.
dont forget he was subjected to internet death threats after their loss in the tournament. No one should ever have to endure that and it can’t be sitting well either. Unfortunately, that can happen anywhere.

Evan Miya - CBB Analytics - has Harrar and McClung ranked #1 and #2 amongst available transfers. Securing their commitments would quickly and resoundingly quiet some fatalists...myself included. 🤫
Yet lots of people in here don’t seem to like Harrar. I would be absolutely thrilled to get him. He would be the perfect compliment to Cliff and can afford us the luxury of playing only one of them at a time.

Yet lots of people in here don’t seem to like Harrar. I would be absolutely thrilled to get him. He would be the perfect compliment to Cliff and can afford us the luxury of playing only one of them at a time.
Harrar is going to start at the 5 wherever he decides to go (or if he stays).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT