ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Portal Update

Yet lots of people in here don’t seem to like Harrar. I would be absolutely thrilled to get him.
Harrar is going to start at the 5 wherever he decides to go (or if he stays).
I agree with you. He’s already a starter. It makes no sense for him the go somewhere to be a reserve. I’d be ok with starting him alongside Cliff knowing there will be many times we will be playing with one big also.

A Kentucky buddy of mine has been adamant that CJ was going to transfer for months now. Entering the portal is just a formality

not directly a portal update, but Wisconsin retains Davison

4b2.gif

2021 4* Texas Commit Tamir Bates to Indiana.

To date, quite impressed with Woodson. He was able to retain Jackson Davis and also landed Pitt Transfer Xavier Johnson

Right now the most productive B1G players in the portal who haven't committed elsewhere yet (at least 5.0 ppg):

Marcus Carr: 19.4 pts/4.0 reb in 29 starts (Minnesota)
Teddy Allen: 16.5 pts/4.7 reb in 21 starts (Nebraska)
Jacob Young: 14.1 pts/1.9 reb in 20 starts (Rutgers)
Darryl Morsell: 9.0 pts/4.0 reb in 27 starts (Maryland)
Adam Miller: 8.3 pts/2.8 reb in 31 starts (Illinois)
Rocket Watts: 7.7pts, 1.7 reb in 15 starts (Michigan State)
CJ Fredrick: 7.5 pts/1.5 reb in 27 starts (Iowa)
Tre Williams: 5.8 pts/2.5 reb in 13 starts (Minnesota)

Edit: removed Harrar

Last edited:
Indiana doing a very good job in the transfer portal with a new coaching staff.

Lost:
Aljami Durham (26 starts, 32.5 min/g, 11.3 pts, 3.1 rb)
Armaan Franklin (20 starts, 30.1 min/g, 11.4 pts, 4.1 rb)
Joey Brunk (missed last season... 2019-20, 21 starts, 19.1 min, 6.8 pts, 5.2 rb)
Jacquez Henderson (walkon)

Gained:
Xavier Johnson (16 starts, 28.6 min, 14.2 pts, 3.4 rb, 5.7 ast... from Pitt)
Miller Kopp (24 starts, 31.5 min, 11.3 pts, 3.0 rb... from Northwestern)
Parker Stewart (24 starts, 36.2 min, 19.2 pts, 4.6 rb, 3.8 ast... from UT Martin)

Jalen Pickett transfers from Siena to Penn State. Pickett is maac mvp.

Last edited:
Added Aundre Hyatt, and made a few other updates.

Interesting that Valpo is adding 3 B1G players: Kithier from MSU, Hedstrom and Anderson from Wisconsin.

Danny Manning hired as Assistant Coach at Maryland. I’m sure Turgeon and Manning are friendly given their Kansas Jayhawks roots. They may have been teammates?

Michigan's first appearance in the portal, picking up Coastal Carolina RS Jr Devante' Jones [19.3 pts (.368 3P%, .862 FT%), 7.2 rb, 2.9 ast, 2.8 stl, 2.3 tov]

after watchign him play a few times this season, felt he was the type of forward ("4") we could use and fit in...
after watchign him play a few times this season, felt he was the type of forward ("4") we could use and fit in...
Totally agree.... he was great against us and Minny was playing with a limited roster and he single handily almost cost us a important W to get in tourney. He is a stout rebounder !

Well, he's a RS Sr with only the covid waiver year left to play, so he's a single season plug-in for a team without any commitment beyond that, who can serve as a "bridge" until a longer term player can be added to the roster the for the following year.

I'm pretty sure that free-agency is going to lessen my enjoyment of college sports. I hope I'm wrong, because I love college sports. I know I'm old-fashioned, naive, and hypocritical about it it...
If free agency helped us, your thinking would probably change. I’m with you.

If free agency helped us, your thinking would probably change. I’m with you.
It will probably take a few years, but it will come back around once the kids who Shouldn't be in college all start going to the developmental league or the NBA, which is the way it should always have been.

Illinois is losing two of their three assistant coaches to Kentucky and there are some rumors Curbelo could go too.

Reactions: dpwhite
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT