ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament Thread

They stay in the matches against us and pull out wins again and again. It is what it is.
Did we own them when we were 3-0 against McKee before that match? Or when Moore decked von Bauer in 30 sec?

McKee over Peterson OT
Shawver finals wells out
Vom Bauer 7/8 Moore top 6 H2H win for Rutgers by fall
Could be cetta vs Roberts for 9th and NCAA bid
Blockhays out. Desantis could wrestle for 9
Brenner 7/8 white out
Sparks turley h2h in wrestleback semis
Salazar 1/2 soldano top 6
Joles top 6 (5/6 most likely) Poz 7/8
Tabor 9th bracket Yara top 6

They are ahead of us in 4 weights. 2 shots at h2h. 4 weights we are ahead. They definitely own us 🙄

Reactions: mikemessner
I think yesterday went almost as well as it could have -
Shawver in the finals. Great job by him. Big revenge match!

5 guys in consi semis.
Two rematches.
Peterson Ayala. Toss up!
Moore lemly. Lemley favored but Moore was going thru that injury/getting his gas tank back when they wrestled. And he's been wrestling pretty damn tough this tourney.
Turkey Sparks. Turley been a little up and down in some of the matches but has been hot.
Soldano vs Bullock. Would say Bullock is favored but soldano majored layne yesterday big change from the last time they wrestled.
Yara Iowa heavy.

Need the guys to show up big this round and wrestle a complete tournament. I think they can do it.

Poz gets a night of rest and looks like the guy that should have beaten smith. 7th place.

Cetta needs to win and could get a rematch w Minny Roberts.

Exciting day! Great first day, let's finish blstrong for a complete tourney. Between this and the awesome run the pa recruits went on, I'm pumped for ru wrestling.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
I think yesterday went almost as well as it could have -
Shawver in the finals. Great job by him. Big revenge match!

5 guys in consi semis.
Two rematches.
Peterson Ayala. Toss up!
Moore lemly. Lemley favored but Moore was going thru that injury/getting his gas tank back when they wrestled. And he's been wrestling pretty damn tough this tourney.
Turkey Sparks. Turley been a little up and down in some of the matches but has been hot.
Soldano vs Bullock. Would say Bullock is favored but soldano majored layne yesterday big change from the last time they wrestled.
Yara Iowa heavy.

Need the guys to show up big this round and wrestle a complete tournament. I think they can do it.

Poz gets a night of rest and looks like the guy that should have beaten smith. 7th place.

Cetta needs to win and could get a rematch w Minny Roberts.

Exciting day! Great first day, let's finish blstrong for a complete tourney. Between this and the awesome run the pa recruits went on, I'm pumped for ru wrestling.
We still have Al DeSantis wrestling for the 9th spot.

Very pleased with how we wrestled, would love to have had the Peterson(secs. away) and Poz matches go our way but overall pleased. We have a chance to be 6th or 7th depending on how we wrestle today in the B1G. That's all I ask for; with the resources we have we should not be finishing in the 9th to 12th range ever.

Trolling or legitimately done?
The Wrestling Room (Pat Mineo)

@MrPatMineo

Cael Sanderson speaks to
@centredaily
:“He (Carter Starocci) wanted to wrestle the whole tournament and was planning on wrestling the tournament. It is really tough for him. He’s having a hard time about this. He’d wrestle if both of his legs were hurt,” Sanderson said. “He’s just so competitive. He’s pretty upset, but there’s just no reason, when he meets the criteria to get an at-large (bid), to put himself in a position to set himself back. He’s not happy, with me, but that’s why he’s Carter Starocci.”

Desantis faces Maryland kid who Desantis majored, then like Ohio State kid who will be favored but it’s winnable.

Poz should be favored over the Norrhwestern kid

Cetta is going to likely have a tough match for 9th but by taking at least 10th he’ll at least be in conversation for an at large.

Desantis faces Maryland kid who Desantis majored, then like Ohio State kid who will be favored but it’s winnable.

Cetta is going to likely have a tough match for 9th but by taking at least 10th he’ll at least be in conversation for an at large.
If he loses the 10th place finish was a result of going 1-3 with the one win being a MFF. Also 2 byes. The B1G is a tough conference, I get that. But not winning a match on the mat and saying a 10 place finish?

Hope he wins one to get the automatic bid outright.

We will get anywhere from 7 to 9 in. Poz is a lock either way, Cetta I think has a good enough resume to get in as an AL, and DeSantis has a fair shot to win 2.

Reactions: mikemessner
If he loses the 10th place finish was a result of going 1-3 with the one win being a MFF. Also 2 byes. The B1G is a tough conference, I get that. But not winning a match on the mat and saying a 10 place finish?

Hope he wins one to get the automatic bid outright.
Do you want me to change the rules about how guys place?

Desantis wins ...8-4

Last edited:
Starocci is a troll. I don’t think he would travel to Maryland just to put 2 losses on his record and then say he’s done for the year two weeks before the tournament even begins.
What a dumbass thing to say ...medical forfeiting in case he can make it for nationals makes him a troll ...lol...do you even know what the word means ..I'm no PSU fan but you are clueless .

Peterson in on 2 good shots but couldn't finish because Ayala ran off the mat and wasn't called for fleeing once. Finally called for a stall the 2nd time.

I didn't know Iowa was allowed to dive out of bounds like that. Good to know it's not fleeing or stalling. Weird how the rules work sometimes

Reactions: Leonard23
He's referring to his tweet.
I know what he is referring to...maybe if he knows how bad his knee is he thinks he might be done ...does that make him a troll lol.....SCNJ says everyone is a troll ...it's just a dumbass thing to say but predictable from him.

Dean will fall to 5/6th. Got some good shots, just could finish or come out on top in the scrambles. The Ayala flees were ridiculous.

Peterson loses 1-4. Looked to slow down after getting taken down at the end of 2nd period. Hope his knee is ok. Ayala should've been hit for fleeing twice.

Reactions: koleszar
What a dumbass thing to say ...medical forfeiting in case he can make it for nationals makes him a troll ...lol...do you even know what the word means ..I'm no PSU fan but you are clueless .
You’re an idiot because you don’t understand context of anything. Try and use a few more ellipses when trying to formulate a couple sentences.

He’s a troll for saying his career at Penn State is done, not because he medically forfeited. Moron.

You’re an idiot because you don’t understand context of anything. Try and use a few more ellipses when trying to formulate a couple sentences.

He’s a troll for saying his career at Penn State is done, not because he medically forfeited. Moron.
And since your so smart you know for a fact he isn't done ..you're a joke ...exactly what is a troll since you know so much ...you must be a mind reader too since you seem to know what the kid thinks too

What could possibly be his motivation ...no way is he afraid of anyone in his 174 weight class ...again you put your foot in your big mouth ..

Dean will face DeAugustino for 5th/6th

Moore up on 3.

See how this whole thread was just about wrestling until a certain someone showed up to disparage posters.

Reactions: RobotHunter
Dean was seeded 9th so great to see him wrestle better than his seed. After his Ramos win thought he’d be in the finals. Little disappointed he lost after a great win, but it’s the B1G. Still a quality tourney for him and a glimpse that he has a small shot at AA.

Reactions: Leonard23
Dean will face DeAugustino for 5th/6th

Moore up on 3.

See how this whole thread was just about wrestling until a certain someone showed up to disparage posters.
Calling a National Champ a troll because he thinks his career might be done is all about wrestling ...oh ok...my bad ...it's a typical classless comment which many of you support ...no surprise there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT