ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/20 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS...UPDATE RUTGERS NOW A 9 SEED AS OF 2/24

Boise State 0-3 from the free throw line in OT. Going to be such a crime if they pull this out.

Boise losing might drop them to the Last 4 In area but they've got two Q1 games left, including one against Utah State. So if they lose that second one it's possible they drop out but are simply replaced by Utah State, so a spot isn't gained for the bubble.

Boise State loses at San Jose State. Q2 loss for the Broncos. Their final two are vs. San Diego State and at Utah State. Probably safe with a split of those Q1 games.

Lunardi had Dayton in his longshot range. They lost at home to George Mason so see ya to them.

Always hard to judge how the committee judges Mountain West vs bloated power 6 schools.

Im tending to think 3..question is who are the 3

USC on their way to a second Q1 win in a couple days... neither over a tournament team though.

A “down ACC” put three teams in the elite eight last year and two in the final four.
Your conference is in very bad shape overall you must admit. Rutgers fans are honest about ourselves (mostly) you should try to be honest about your conference.

Another poster made an interesting point about the additions of RU and Maryland to the B1G cutting off the fertile DC to NYC recruiting grounds that the ACC lived off for many years. I’m sure Duke, UNC, UVA will still get their share but the rest of you have your work cut out.

Congrats on Pitt being good this year though, can’t take that away from you.

There are ebbs and flows to this stuff, just because the ACC is awful this year doesn’t mean it will be long term.

A “down ACC” put three teams in the elite eight last year and two in the final four.
I measure conference strength looking at the conference as a whole. If you have 3 teams in the elite 8 and the rest of the conference is really down, do you think that means the conference was strong that year? Or there were there really just a few really good teams in an otherwise pretty mediocre conference?

Reactions: biker7766
Your conference is in very bad shape overall you must admit. Rutgers fans are honest about ourselves (mostly) you should try to be honest about your conference.

Another poster made an interesting point about the additions of RU and Maryland to the B1G cutting off the fertile DC to NYC recruiting grounds that the ACC lived off for many years. I’m sure Duke, UNC, UVA will still get their share but the rest of you have your work cut out.

Congrats on Pitt being good this year though, can’t take that away from you.
The big ten has 1 champion in 30 years. It’s crazy that they think they can talk shit to the ACC.

From the Mountain West? Again, I’d bet under 3.5 for the max.
The 3.5 bet is a bit disingenuous of a bet.
.5 is silly. It’s teams not games. Boise loss hurt them but if New Mexico wins…Utah State and Nevada darn good NETS if committee honest.

When’s it’s 13-1 over a 30 year period it kinda matters
It really doesn't matter at all if you're discussing best conference. You can have one excellent team in a conference and win it all. That doesn't make any other team in the conference better

Patriots won a ton of super bowls with the bills jets and dolphins all not great. No one said that meant the AFC East was the best division in football

If Gonzaga wins it all, does that make the MWC the best conference?

The 3.5 bet is a bit disingenuous of a bet.
.5 is silly. It’s teams not games. Boise loss hurt them but if New Mexico wins…Utah State and Nevada darn good NETS if committee honest.
Huh? Under 3.5 simply means “less than 4”. If someone says “book it that there will be 4”, I’m simply saying I’d gladly take action that it will be less than that (though New Mexico isn’t hurting their cause at the moment).

It really doesn't matter at all if you're discussing best conference. You can have one excellent team in a conference and win it all. That doesn't make any other team in the conference better

Patriots won a ton of super bowls with the bills jets and dolphins all not great. No one said that meant the AFC East was the best division in football

If Gonzaga wins it all, does that make the MWC the best conference?
Yea but we all know the rest of the ACC is not the rest of the afc East. The conference as a whole routinely plays well in the ncaa tournament to go along with their championships. They were criminally under seeded last year and made the the committee look dumb.

Yea but we all know the rest of the ACC is not the rest of the afc East. The conference as a whole routinely plays well in the ncaa tournament to go along with their championships. They were criminally under seeded last year and made the the committee look dumb.
lol no

It sounds like you only want to count the best teams in the conference to determine how good a conference is

My opinion is you evaluate the conference as a whole top to bottom

If that's how you want to look at it, that's your opinion. I think that's a flawed way to look at it though. If the bottom half of the conference is bad, that should matter when discussing best conference IMO

Did St Peters also make the committee look “dumb” for under seeding them?

Nothing tilts me more than results based thinking.

Huh? Under 3.5 simply means “less than 4”. If someone says “book it that there will be 4”, I’m simply saying I’d gladly take action that it will be less than that (though New Mexico isn’t hurting their cause at the moment).
You can't have half a team, but you can have.. half.. a game (?)

I'll undercut you.. I'll take the action at under 3.01!

How’s Ohio state doing? 😂
Good God, reminds me that I just got into it with someone on our board yesterday that was poo-pooing the win at OSU the other night as “beating the worst team in the conference “…I was laughed at when I said that OSU would be favored by double digits against Minnesota on a neutral tomorrow because OSU is “awful” and since they already lost at home to Minnesota, everyone knows that Minnesota is the better team and OSU has quit.

Last edited:
Reactions: fluoxetine
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT