ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/20 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS...UPDATE RUTGERS NOW A 9 SEED AS OF 2/24

You play a schedule. What's the point of splitting it up and focusing on specific parts in isolation. OOC SOS and who you beat specifically OOC is about as relevant as who you beat on Wednesdays.

Reactions: ILikePike
You play a schedule. What's the point of splitting it up and focusing on specific parts in isolation. OOC SOS and who you beat specifically OOC is about as relevant as who you beat on Wednesdays.

Ooc is very important because if not everyone just schedules sisters of poor

Committee wants to see you do well and specifically challenge ooc

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend

Last edited:

Then the committee are hypocrites. If OOC strength of scheduling in isolation matters, then so should conference record. And yet we’ve heard that the latter doesn’t matter. Our OOC schedule is weak sauce because the B1G schedule is not only hard, but it’s 18 straight.

Then the committee are hypocrites. If OOC strength of scheduling in isolation matters, then so should conference record. And yet we’ve heard that the latter doesn’t matter. Our OOC schedule is weak sauce because the B1G schedule is not only hard, but it’s 18 straight.

Overall sos solid

I dont get why people would prefer the best teams to just schedule automatic wins. Idk

That’s what drives me nuts. Even BAC falls for it. We have two extra B1G games. We played the SHU, a local war, Miami, Temple and Wake. OOC really not bad. And the B1G made us play at the Garden. Just silly imho

That’s what drives me nuts. Even BAC falls for it. We have two extra B1G games. We played the SHU, a local war, Miami, Temple and Wake. OOC really not bad. And the B1G made us play at the Garden. Just silly imho
I wonder if this can actually benefit us. If the people on the committee are aware of the deficiencies in their process—and they might be—they might actually try so hard to be too fair that they might actually overcompensate. For example, they might be reacting to accusations of recency bias so much that they unconsciously overweight November games. So hard to know. Beat Penn St and I won’t care.

Keep in mind that he's trying to mimic what the committee does, and not what he might personally do if he was creating the field...as long as the committee keeps using Non-Conference SOS as a reason for sending teams on the bubble to the NIT that might otherwise be deserving, then Bac is right to give plenty of weight to it.

If non conference doesn't matter then the power 6 should just seperate from the others

No point in judging Gonzaga or Boise or VCU

If non conference doesn't matter then the power 6 should just seperate from the others
This is exactly what should happen. These Division 1.5 schools haven’t a prayer in hell of winning a national championship. But there’s this subjective love for seeing one 14 seed win a game every other year and a St. Peter’s happen once a generation. They’d be so much better off having their own tournament then being cannon fodder for Duke and Kentucky 99% of the time.

As for the 5 teams outside of the Power 6, they can jump aboard and become middle of the pack, or stay in Division 1.5 and dominate. But 5 teams should not dictate the fate of the bottom 300.

Reactions: fluoxetine

I comprehend what you're saying and I also comprehend that it's stupid (what the committee is doing, not you).

A schedule is a schedule.

Overall sos solid

I dont get why people would prefer the best teams to just schedule automatic wins. Idk
If you schedule TOO poorly or your conference sucks then your overall SOS would suffer. I'm saying to count it all together, not to NOT count the OOC games.

Arizona screwing the entire bubble by giving ASU a top tier road win

Thank god for home cooking. Arizona gets away with a push on a defensive rebound.

Insanity

Arizona State now close...their only other wins are just Creighton and Michigan

Definitely moving into last 2 in/last 2 out territory

Oklahoma State might need a win in the conference tournament. I dunno if 17-15 is good enough for them given the Q3 loss.

Their wins are sweeping Oklahoma, sweeping Iowa State, West Virginia, Texas Tech, and TCU. Not overwhelming. Nothing against Kansas, Texas, or Baylor but they do have one more with the Bears.

Kansas State winning in Stillwater though, Oklahoma State not locked in yet

7-12 in top 2 quads and their wins are low end looking less impressive by the day...fading ISU 2x TCU and WVU who they split with

Be interesting when full scrub happens and they are compared to Arizona State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT