ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 2/20 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS...UPDATE RUTGERS NOW A 9 SEED AS OF 2/24

Mississippi State up 6 late over Texas A&M

A bunch of schools playing their way into the tourney the past week

Rutgers desperately needs to fire tomorrow night

Reactions: ScarletDave
Yeah, that's just kooky talk. I think we're maybe 60/40 to get in if we only beat MN (but a lock with 2 wins).

Agree...as happens every year there are schools that really step up their game late

See ASU, Mississippi State, Michigan and Penn State with a win tomorrow

Its body of work but a limping fading resume will always be spotted

Another buzzer beater as FSU gives up a wide open 3 to to Miami with seconds but FSU comes back and wins it on a deeeep 3

2 buzzer beaters lost on defense with a couple seconds left to go full court. Too afraid to foul and giving up the shot. Defense matters

There is now a scenario Rutgers only beats Minnesota and has to play the first 4 B1G tournament game against Minnesota again. If we win that and then lose is that still a lock scenario? Adding only 2 more wins both against Minnesota isn't adding any more good wins

There is now a scenario Rutgers only beats Minnesota and has to play the first 4 B1G tournament game against Minnesota again. If we win that and then lose is that still a lock scenario? Adding only 2 more wins both against Minnesota isn't adding any more good wins
Delete this post and launch it into the sun imo

Reactions: RUBlackout
BAC , you are underrating USC and Arizona State. Having watched some of their games and their rosters , those are tourney teams. The PAC 12 is not as bad as it is made out to be . I find it hard to believe the PAC 12 will not get 4 teams in

Reactions: G- RUnit
BAC , you are underrating USC and Arizona State. Having watched some of their games and their rosters , those are tourney teams. The PAC 12 is not as bad as it is made out to be . I find it hard to believe the PAC 12 will not get 4 teams in
We have the same disagreement every year. The PAC 12 teams are always underrated and they inevitably get in and do well. UCLA, Oregon, etc. They’ll get 4 in…. I think… lol.

In spite of the official line, do believe that want some geographic balance and west coast eyes.

Last edited:
We have the same disagreement every year. The PAC 12 teams are underrated and they inevitably get in and do well. UCLA, Oregon, etc. They’ll get 4 in…. I think
I’d certainly be betting under 3.5 if it was available.

And really, what teams have done other years has zero bearing on this year’s selection.

Reactions: fluoxetine

Their resumes are marginal

3 more likely..4 more no than yes

I dont like the 18-14 scenerio or even the 19-14 scenerio in this case. Issues is teams are starting to play their way into the field or solidifying their resume

Its not that they cant make with just a win over Minnesota it just seems like it seems less likely as the season winds down

Reactions: Scangg and RU23
We have the same disagreement every year. The PAC 12 teams are always underrated and they inevitably get in and do well. UCLA, Oregon, etc. They’ll get 4 in…. I think… lol.

In spite of the official line, do believe that want some geographic balance and west coast eyes.
All three Pac-12 teams last season lost to a worse seed and didn't have any wins over a better seed.

#4 UCLA beat #13 and #5 before losing to #8
#1 Arizona beat #16 and #9 before losing to #5
#7 USC lost to #10 Miami

Reactions: bac2therac
At least the Big 12 results went our way today with all three bubblers falling in close games. All sit at 16-13 now. Oklahoma State finishes at Texas Tech so at least one will get win 17 but the other four games are against top 25 opponents. It is possible we will have two 16-15 teams and one 17-14 team going to the conference tournament.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Effing UVA. How are they #6 in the country…last 4 games they squeaked by Louisville and ND, stomped by BC and gonna lose easily to UNC

Reactions: shields
Big rally for San Jose State to force OT against Boise State... San Jose State missed a free throw that would've put them ahead with 6 seconds left.

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT