ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 3/11 NCAA Tournament Analysis***Rutgers 95% in***

The man would be taking a week long victory lap if he got it right. But it’s not his fault when he gets it wrong. Gotttt it.
That post is specifically replying to the one (not yours) that says it's luck while simultaneously laughing at bac for getting it wrong.

It can be one or the other but not both.

Bac did not know the committee was going to judge RU on an 8 game season vs body of work and theres no way he should have known that.
95+% of bracketologists had us in

The usual suspects on this board saying they knew it would happen, or worse justifying it, are talking out of their ear holes.

Which is what they do on most other topics as well

the committee finally admitted that they use the eye test as criteria.

Is it eye test or just "current make up of the team?"

As has been previously stated - they consider injuries. Especially current injuries that effect the makeup of the team entering the tournament.

Woke up more disappointed this morning than I was yesterday. Week just doesn’t feel as exciting as it usually does at moment.

Reactions: erdelyaj
Maybe I missed it, but why did the team not have a watch party? It seems we knew we weren't getting an invitation. Would we have been given a heads up?

Reactions: RUsojo
Maybe I missed it, but why did the team not have a watch party? It seems we knew we weren't getting an invitation. Would we have been given a heads up?
there was conspiracy theories going around here Saturday. But many said it was just they didn’t want the press coverage of it.
If it leaked , it would have been a small leak that got word to pike somehow . But I have a hard time thinking there was a leak . This process just can’t have any

Reactions: erdelyaj
Woke up more disappointed this morning than I was yesterday. Week just doesn’t feel as exciting as it usually does at moment.

me too but hopefully recover by end of day...i can tell you havent even looked at a bracket. I dont even know the matchups right now. usually i am posting all kinds of threads here...

maybe later tonight

and now we know for a fact net rankings mean shit..also look at Pitts horrible metrics...way worse than ru and probably worse inclusion than nc
Rutgers is now in 181 of the 190 brackets on the Matrix

Nevada 59
Pitt 120
NC State 166
Providence 180
Which is 95.3 percent. So your 95 percent was actually low. You nailed it. Congratulations!

Is it eye test or just "current make up of the team?"

As has been previously stated - they consider injuries. Especially current injuries that effect the makeup of the team entering the tournament.
“These are very difficult situations. It’s challenging because it’s like splitting hairs. Both teams had good years — not great years, but good years. But I will say this: when you look at Rutgers, for example, their non-conference schedule — in particular, their non-conference wins — the committee looked hard at that. They were trying to find something they could really grab to. In the non-conference as it relates to having success in that portion of the schedule, it was lacking. And they certainly had some wins over conference teams, I don’t want to take that away from them. However, when you get to February 7, the team suffered a setback with an injury to a key member of the team and they just didn’t look the same the rest of the year. We had several games we could observe them from February 7 on and they had a difficult time. So we certainly look at the full body of work, but when you look at the non-conference schedule and lack of quality wins (in it), and how they looked down the stretch, the combination of the two were the reason why they were left out by the committee.”

RU beat 3 schools on the cut line during this stretch and finished Michigan State off in that stretch. Would it have been better to lose at wisky and penn state and beat Michigan and Nebraska at home?

the only true bad loss was at Minnesota. Nebraska and Michigan yeah not so good to lose at home. but yikes Michigan beat some good teams this year. Are they worse than losing to UNLV 2x.

Reactions: kcg88
If I wanted to put my tinfoil hat on I would say that the leak regarding the committee considering the Ohio State game was used against us.

• Angry
Reactions: bac2therac
havent analyzed everything, but still trying to figure out why Texas AM is a 7 and Creighton is a 6..what is so great about Creightons resume, take away their net number and this is a 8/9 game resume

I didnt like the lock posts from after Michigan but I understand why people made, them..things look good, after that superlative effort down to the wire vs a 1 seed, I felt great about going and with EVERYTHING working out with bid stealers I really felt confident. If the committee was watching RU proved they were a tourney team...unfortunately the committee stopped watching last Sunday

but yeah you never want to leave something out there for the committee to justify a reason to leave you out. This year we got burned
Bac do you think many of us were guilty of confirmation bias which added to our shock during the selection show? We have a tendency to shout down contrarian beliefs on this forum.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Bac do you think many of us were guilty of confirmation bias which added to our shock during the selection show? We have a tendency to shout down contrarian beliefs on this forum.

last year we felt RU should be in but that was backed up by less than 40% of the matrix, this year currently its 201 out of 210 so I would say we were not guilty of confirmation bias. To me there was always a concern with having 4 Q3 losses, that never goes away. Yet our wins were impressive and the Purdue win tremendous. Its another tough lesson for bracketologists and a confirmation that conference tourneys no longer matter

What we were blind sided by was the committee basically selecting the field before conference tournament play began and using the eye test to justify leaving out RU and ignoring body of work.

As first reported by me. I thought the Michigan win pushed it over the edge but obviously not.

AAfmvFM.png

Last edited:
The man would be taking a week long victory lap if he got it right. But it’s not his fault when he gets it wrong. Gotttt it.
I think his biggest error and every other bracketologist’s error was over valuing the BIG1G. The committee shit all over the conference

Face it the Ncaa tourney is probably as corrupted by politics, bias and incompetence as the college football championship. It in many ways is just a subjective beauty contest .The hurtful thing is that the players and team that worked so hard got screwed. Actually naive fans always considered the baketball championship special and purer but anything run by the Ncaa is anything but. Sadly It's just entertainment and a reason to bet/gamble and maybe we take it too seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT