ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 3/11 NCAA Tournament Analysis***Rutgers 95% in***

Wow what a game . But I won’t be surprised if one or both those teams get bounced early
did you see on the final PSU inbound, the clock started on time but froze at 2.7 seconds before eventually starting up again? Good thing PSU didnt get that final shot and make it or else there would def be some controversy!

Reactions: cicero grimes
Make the tournament. Palm had us in Dayton but said we gave committee reasons to leave us out. The other weasely guy said he's leave us out but thinks we probably get in.
I mean to be fair the 2nd comment is positive. Who cares what that guy would do?

Yeah much less worry if they left tournament at 64.
Where do we find these people ???

64 isn't a problem.
68 is fine.
Play 4 1st round games with teams ranked 61-68 for the last 4 seeds (#16).
Instead of teams 65-68 and approx 46-49.

Good lord it's not rocket science.

@bac2therac Which resume is better?

A: 18-13 7-6 q1 2-4 q2 4-2 q3 5-1 q4 sor 50 sos 37 ncsos 255 8 wins vs field

B: 19-14 5-7 q1 5-3 q2 2-4 q3 7-0 q4 sor 59 sos 39 ncsos 314 7 wins vs field

Edit: A had 4 upper Q1 wins. B1 upper Q1 win.

@Scangg @RU72

Not all Quad wins and losses are equal

I really don't think losing to top 100 NET teams should be THAT much of a ding to the resume

One might be from a different year

Rutgers resumes matched up

A had better stronger wins and yet at least a quarter if not more of bracketologists had them out right.

A had worse losses than B
This is exercise was another reason I thought we’d be out of the field of 64 and in Dayton. Unfortunately it went the other way.

Think a lot of people underestimated least year RU in was the exception not the new precedent.

Clean resumes matter and Q3 losses are usually worse than non-high Q1 wins.

This was a good thread . Thought we were in

Imthink we’re we’re better than all,of the last 4 in. Especially NC State. They had only one quad win and an NET rating of 67. We were 40 with 5 quad 1 wins - 6 if you count the theft at Ohio state! Too much love for the ACC considering they had six teams with NET ratings of 125 or higher and the big 10 had only 1. The top half just fattened up on the 6 terrible teams at the bottom. Its as if we got to playing Minnesota 10 times.

The OP's prediction of 95% in (was briefly 100%) was fail for the ages.
Bac is still good at this . But he had us about 6 spots away then what the committee did . It was a bad fail , but I am not ready to write bac off . It’s good stuff he provides . He gets a shot next year at redemption

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT