ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 3/6 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS***RUTGERS PROJECTED 11 SEED***

UCLA and San Diego State both really struggling with Colorado and Colorado State...

Colorado State with a three that bounces 5 times off the rim to take the lead.

• Angry
Reactions: Scangg
Incredible defensive possession for SDSU. Colorado State has 1 second to shoot coming out of a timeout.

San Diego State survives! What a great game. Interesting spot for Nevada. They have SJSU tonight and then if they win they get SDSU. A win over San Jose State might be enough for them, but they'd have preferred a chance to get to the MWC finals going through San Jose State and Colorado State instead.

Now that I can catch my breath, I’m watching Prairie View and Jackson State in overtime. Finally, nice to breathe knowing neither of these teams can steal our bid.

FWIW here are the bracketmatrix competitors for the last spots and how their day is going.

Teams not in the field by the consensus:

UNC - listed on 1 bracket as I type - face UVA tonight
Michigan - listed on 3 brackets - lost to Rutgers by 12 - Adios!
Arizona State - listed on 16 brackets - face USC tonight as 4 pt dogs. (THIS IS A BIG ONE!)
Wisconsin - listed on 17 brackets - lost to Ohio State last night, helpless.
Oklahoma State - listed on 40 brackets - face Texas tonight as 7 pt dogs. BIG ONE.

Penn State was last team in, listed on 83 brackets - face Illinois tonight as 2 pt dogs.
Nevada - 87 brackets - play San Jose State soon as a 3.5 pt favorite. I don't think that's a "move the needle" chance but a loss could be fatal.
Miss State - 85 brackets - one pt win in OT over a mediocre Florida. Loss could've been fatal.
Rutgers - only 69 brackets - 12 pt win over bubbly Michigan - HUGE WIN!
Utah State - 73 brackets - face New Mexico tonight as 3.5 pt favorites. Great net, thin resume IMO.
Pitt - 79 brackets - lost 96-69 to Duke OUCH. That's going to leave a mark.

As many have written before, the BIG tournament does wear out teams for the big dance with 4 or 5 games on 4 or 5 days.

Do we have a list of schools that could theoretically pass RU (with a Purdue loss) as an at large?

Almost like a realistic countdown to Rutgers as a "lock"

Reactions: ILikePike
Go San Jose State
Do we have a list of schools that could theoretically pass RU (with a Purdue loss) as an at large?

Almost like a realistic countdown to Rutgers as a "lock"
Nevada
Arizona State
Oklahoma State
North Carolina

now of those 4, only Oklahoma State with a win will jump into the field definitively. , UNC would be close

Nevada losing is huge because they have been playing their way to the cut line. Still never convinced that the MWC would get 4 but it would be easier to take Utah State over Nevada

Go San Jose State

Nevada
Arizona State
Oklahoma State
North Carolina

now of those 4, only Oklahoma State with a win will jump into the field definitively. , UNC would be close

Nevada losing is huge because they have been playing their way to the cut line. Still never convinced that the MWC would get 4 but it would be easier to take Utah State over Nevada
Don’t forget to account for FAU. If they don’t win their conference tournament another at large bid gone

I want to root for PSU and I’d like to see them make it

Would it take them going to B1GT semis to be ahead of us.

I’d hate for them to send us to dayton

• Angry
Reactions: bac2therac
How far would Oregon have to go to get in the Tourney? Win the Pac 12 Tourney or can they get in if they get to the Champ Game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT