ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: 3/6 NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS***RUTGERS PROJECTED 11 SEED***

Did he specifically say we are out with a loss...there are moving parts

What did he say exactly

He's been saying this Sunday night:

"The Rutgers/Michigan game in the B1G tourney is now essentially a play OUT game. Neither team is guaranteed a spot with a win."

He's been saying this Sunday night:

"The Rutgers/Michigan game in the B1G tourney is now essentially a play OUT game. Neither team is guaranteed a spot with a win."

That was sunday night right after the game...tell me where he commented today on a status with a loss

Interesting. California has been routinely blown out this year and Washington State is on a 6 game winning streak. I couldn’t resist and the spread was Wash State -13.5 and -7.5 first half. I took both.
I see that the first half just ended with Wash State up 14 with a 35-21 score. Glad I can cash first bet and hopefully by posting here it doesn’t jinx game bet which is for a lot more than 1st half bet.
Seriously though Wash State would have won 7 straight and would play Oregon , another bid stealer tomorrow. We have to watch them since we want no thiefs
Got the game as well as WSU won by 17 , 69-52. Good start to the day.
Seton Hall is not a bad loss. Then Temple without two starters. The other two were bad for sure. Thankfully the Committee will actually dig into our Q3 losses.
I am really hoping his selections are incredibly wrong.He is pissing me off. He is being lazy , sloppy and this latest take is the worst yet. He says we have 4 bad losses. We have 1 , Minnesota.

Losing to Temple in the first game without 2 starters , a team who beat # 1 Houston and was beating them for 25 minutes in rematch is not a bad loss.

Nebraska is not a bad loss as they have been playing well and beat Wisconsin , Rutgers , Penn State , Northwestern , Maryland and Iowa down the stretch and blew a 15 point lead against Michigan State. They also beat Creighton before they lost 2 starters and went 2-6 until Hoiberg adjusted.

Losing to Seton Hall is not a bad loss . If it was a Quad 2 yesterday and they lost today and now Quad 3 doesn’t make it a bad loss. It was a rivalry game.
He focuses exclusively Quads only . Kentucky has a bad loss. Michigan has a bad loss , Iowa has a bad loss , Iowa State has multiple including being blown out a number of times. The first 3 are all Quad 4 losses. I don’t hear anyone kicking Kentucky or Iowa State out of tourney or not giving Michigan a chance to make it because they lost to Central Michigan at home. It is bullshit , devoid of logic , creates bad takes that get repeated into stupidity.

His failure to point out the 4 road wins at Purdue , NW, Wisconsin and Penn State ( not to mention the OSU screw job ) where we would be 5-5 on the road , road wins that the Committee values , to counteract his negative takes is irresponsible. I just tweeted at him calling him out for not doing his homework.

That was sunday night right after the game...tell me where he commented today on a status with a loss

He commented on Rutgers once today, saying the Seton Hall loss is concerning, since we now have 4 bad losses...and no other team projected in the field will have that many.

So I'd assume his thoughts still stand..since he didn't say anything else about changing that thought.

I am really hoping his selections are incredibly wrong.He is pissing me off. He is being lazy , sloppy and this latest take is the worst yet. He says we have 4 bad losses. We have 1 , Minnesota.

Losing to Temple in the first game without 2 starters , a team who beat # 1 Houston and was beating them for 25 minutes in rematch is not a bad loss.

Nebraska is not a bad loss as they have been playing well and beat Wisconsin , Rutgers , Penn State , Northwestern , Maryland and Iowa down the stretch and blew a 15 point lead against Michigan State. They also beat Creighton before they lost 2 starters and went 2-6 until Hoiberg adjusted.

Losing to Seton Hall is not a bad loss . If it was a Quad 2 yesterday and they lost today and now Quad 3 doesn’t make it a bad loss. It was a rivalry game.
He focuses exclusively Quads only . Kentucky has a bad loss. Michigan has a bad loss , Iowa has a bad loss , Iowa State has multiple including being blown out a number of times. The first 3 are all Quad 4 losses. I don’t hear anyone kicking Kentucky or Iowa State out of tourney or not giving Michigan a chance to make it because they lost to Central Michigan at home. It is bullshit , devoid of logic , creates bad takes that get repeated into stupidity.

His failure to point out the 4 road wins at Purdue , NW, Wisconsin and Penn State ( not to mention the OSU screw job ) where we would be 5-5 on the road , road wins that the Committee values , to counteract his negative takes is irresponsible. I just tweeted at him calling him out for not doing his homework.

Brad and other bracketologists gave Rutgers almost no credit for a Q1 road win at Penn State while they continue to fawn over Penn State's resume

While said resume has nowhere near the glory of a road win at a projected one seed

NC State would appear in great shape but would hesitate on saying 100% lock. Bubble Clemson is next up

Oklahoma State inching closer but I feel they have to beat Texas tomorrow

Reactions: biker7766
Lunardi says oklahoma st is in now. Love their coach. Boynton is great

Lunardi says oklahoma st is in now. Love their coach. Boynton is great
This is a joke isn’t it. I just checked out their schedule for the first time. They lost 2x each to the top 4 teams in the Big 12 , Kansas, Texas , Baylor and Kansas State . They split with TCU getting blown out by 25 in the loss . They swept Iowa State by 8 and 2 points. That is their best wins period. They got a terrible Ole Miss team in the challenge and won and lost out of conference to Southern Illinois , Central Florida , UConn and Va. Tech. They literally have no good or decent out of conference wins. None unless you consider DePaul or Wichita State a good team / not !!! What a shallow resume.
How Lunardi has them next to us at the moment as the last 4 in , is just horrendous bracketology by him. I heard he moved them in tonight bc they beat Oklahoma. Are you kidding me ? If they get their ass handed to them by Texas tomorrow they should be way out. I could not believe their schedule and results and expected some quality wins but they almost have none. They have 3 road wins against the bottom of the league Oklahoma , Texas Tech plus that Iowa State win. That is it.

All of this doesn't really matter if we lose and happens after our game but if you really wanna root for us to back in we need...

Virginia over North Carolina

New Mexico over Utah State (and then UNM needs to lose tomorrow)

San Jose State over Nevada

USC over Arizona State

Illinois over Penn State

Texas over Oklahoma State

NC State over Clemson

Florida over Mississippi State

Florida Atlantic over Western Kentucky

Washington State over Oregon

Arizona and UCLA to win to minimize PAC 12 bid thief chances

As many potential bid thieves to lose as possible. Villanova, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, UNLV

This is a joke isn’t it. I just checked out their schedule for the first time. They lost 2x each to the top 4 teams in the Big 12 , Kansas, Texas , Baylor and Kansas State . They split with TCU getting blown out by 25 in the loss . They swept Iowa State by 8 and 2 points. That is their best wins period. They got a terrible Ole Miss team in the challenge and won and lost out of conference to Southern Illinois , Central Florida , UConn and Va. Tech. They literally have no good or decent out of conference wins. None unless you consider DePaul or Wichita State a good team / not !!! What a shallow resume.
How Lunardi has them next to us at the moment as the last 4 in , is just horrendous bracketology by him. I heard he moved them in tonight bc they beat Oklahoma. Are you kidding me ? If they get their ass handed to them by Texas tomorrow they should be way out. I could not believe their schedule and results and expected some quality wins but they almost have none. They have 3 road wins against the bottom of the league Oklahoma , Texas Tech plus that Iowa State win. That is it.
My guess is the big 12 is a meat grinder and by far the best conference in america so that is weighed + they only have one bad loss (q3)

My guess is the big 12 is a meat grinder and by far the best conference in america so that is weighed + they only have one bad loss (q3)
The answer is probably somewhere in the middle (ie. where bac stands).

Very likely out right now (below RU even if we lose to Mich) but a win over Texas gives them a very strong case.

I agree but (like me) you're wear Rutgers glasses and know the details. Do these decision makers REALLY go that deep? I know talking heads do...and maybe they do cause they have all this time to pre-plan...

When they lose tomorrow they are 18-15 and 6-12 in q1, 1-11 in upper Q1 games, and 10-14 Q2 and only 4 wins vs schools in field
I really don’t know off hand, what is rutegrs upper Q1 record?

I really don’t know off hand, what is rutegrs upper Q1 record?
2-5, and 3-1 in the lower half. Plus we have that MSU win that is considered a home game. They are #31 NET today, so they would get us another Q1 win if they go up just one slot.

Reactions: biker7766
Jerry Palm has slid us into last 4 out...oh and by the way Jerry is one of only 2 brackets to have Michigan in the field currently out of 99

somehow he isnt using his usual logic about schools only 3 games above 500 not getting selected

You are really trying hard to defend them and fallen for this bad loss crap. Losing at home to Southern Illinois is a bad loss. Losing to Central Florida and VA . Tech on neutral floors are bad losses. Southern Illinois loss at home is worse than Temple loss on a neutral ( leaving aside we were missing Caleb and Paul ) as using your Quad system they are 122 in Net to Temple ‘s 125. UCF is 71 and Seton Hall dropped to 78 after the DePaul loss. If you and your buddy Brad want to call that a bad loss then UCF is a bad loss.
I guess you follow Rutgers and the Big 10 closely unlike Brad who just looks at the Quad and ignores how a team is actually playing . Is your head in the sand about how Nebraska has played and who they beat ? That is not a bad loss no matter how many times you say that is Quad 3. Only a person with no basketball IQ would do that.
Let’s not get started on OKla State ‘s wins. They have almost none against any decent tram. Their resume sucks. Being in the BIG 12 has given them chance after chance to get a really good win; , a dominant win and they sit the bed.
Go take your Boynton love to their board because you sound like an ass in your analysis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT