ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 2/14 UPDATE 2/19 ON PAGE 17

Final prediction
1 line Gonzaga Arizona Auburn Kansas
2 line Baylor Kentucky Purdue Tennessee
3 line Wisconsin Duke Villanova Providence
4 line Texas Tech LSU UCLA Illinois

and no not in order or maybe it is, who knows?
It does make for some good matchups if teams are in brackets.
Not sure OSU isn’t better than a lot of them in 3&4.
I am not at all sold on Wisconsin & Providence. Wouldn’t mind playing Nova. Oddly I haven’t seen LSU this year.

Here is my top 16...ncaa announcing at 12:30, in generally its meaningless but gives an idea of thinking of what conferences they are valuing

1 SEEDS
  • GONZAGA
  • AUBURN
  • KANSAS
  • ARIZONA
2 SEEDS
  • PURDUE
  • KENTUCKY
  • TEXAS TECH
  • BAYLOR
3 SEEDS
  • VILLANOVA
  • DUKE
  • WISCONSIN
  • TENNESSEE
4 SEEDS
  • UCLA
  • ILLINOIS
  • PROVIDENCE
  • TEXAS

Reactions: BillyC80
Xavier might have to be put on notice with losses today and Wednesday

Bac, if everything breaks against Rutgers... how many of our Q1 games can turn into Q2?

Is there a scenario where enough turn Q2 to significantly impact our resume and require us to need an extra win or two that we aren't expecting to need?

Fully agree with Jerry Palm comments about Rutgers down the stretch with all the Q1 games and overall losses..the bad losses come into play if the loss total becomes high

Not good news for RU. Committee seems to really be using the NET. @bac2therac love your analysis and appreciate it but dont think youre factoring the NET as much as you should with your RU forecast. We need to get to 12-8 to get in imo.

Not good news for RU. Committee seems to really be using the NET. @bac2therac love your analysis and appreciate it but dont think youre factoring the NET as much as you should with your RU forecast. We need to get to 12-8 to get in imo.

What are you even arguing

I have said RU needs to get to 12-8

The committee used NET so much it totally ignored Houston who is 4 and bumped Providence who was 29

Your realize Illinois and Wisconsin were flipped..no big deal

The committee put the same 16 schools i expected to....what is your actual point

The committee used NET so much it totally ignored Houston who is 4 and bumped Providence who was 29

The committee put the same 16 schools i expected to....what is your actual point

Exactly RU will get in with number of quad 1 wins
Their seed will be impacted by NET

West 1 Gonzaga vs 4 Texas, 2 Duke vs 3 Illinois
Midwest 1 Auburn vs 4 UCLA, 2 Purdue vs 3 Texas Tech
South 1 Arizona vs 4 Providence, 2 Baylor vs 3 Tennessee
East 1 Kansas vs 4 Wisconsin, 2 Kentucky vs 3 Villanova

I guess so, there were better matchup than what they released as far as offense vs defense, player vs player, 2 offenses, 2 defenses. Still got weeks to go.

Havent you been going nuts over alot of bracketologists questioning the RU resume and not having us squarely in even prior to the illinois game?

yes...and they all played catch up when we beat Illinois

these are brackets are made if the tourney ends today, no one ever said RU is a lock today and neither are about 15 other schools who are projected in the field today

my bracket is if the field was predicted today. Before Illinois, I had RU in the first four, after Illinois, I have them as a 9 seed which is what Bracketdave who is actually the best in the Matrix has them at. As RU wins and losses that seeding will be adjusted. If RU loses 3 of its next 5 its likely to fall back to near or on the last 4 in line

UMass wins so thats always good

TCU was never in it vs Baylor. Its not a bad loss its just they are going to need find a couple more wins at some point to remain in the field

Xavier is still probably a lock, its just that at 17-9 with games at PC and SHU then a trip to St Johns, they wouldnt want to get to 17-12. Again probably safe but there seeding could take major hits going forward

Reactions: Scangg
all eyes turn to Notre Dame at Wake...huge implications for both. Irish up 53-50 with 14:30 left
Slight lean toward Notre Dame here.

So far nothing game changing. Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State now is a big one.

Here is my top 16...ncaa announcing at 12:30, in generally its meaningless but gives an idea of thinking of what conferences they are valuing

1 SEEDS
  • GONZAGA
  • AUBURN
  • KANSAS
  • ARIZONA
2 SEEDS
  • PURDUE
  • KENTUCKY
  • TEXAS TECH
  • BAYLOR
3 SEEDS
  • VILLANOVA
  • DUKE
  • WISCONSIN
  • TENNESSEE
4 SEEDS
  • UCLA
  • ILLINOIS
  • PROVIDENCE
  • TEXAS
We’re 3-1 vs this list. I’m guessing that gives us the best record in the nation versus this group.

yes Notre Dame is best. Wake will not have a Q1 opportunity until maybe ACC semis, Zero wins vs teams in field unless you include UNC....their sole Q1 win is only Va Tech. Nothing but landmines to close the season. 23 if they take care of business is alot of wins though, add in a ACC tourney win, would a 24-9 ACC team be left out?

Meant Kansas State.

Iowa State is up 11 on Oklahoma..not good for the Sooners

Wake and ND probably both in. They want ND in and Wake will have too many wins to keep out. Wouldn’t mind playing either!

I think the schools in the Big 12 will cancel one another out. OSU will play spoiler to the bottom half of the Big 12 Standings to schools like OU and KSU. I see Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Texas, and maybe TCU as tourney teams come selection Sunday.

Florida now up on Auburn

Iowa St putting nails in Oklahoma's coffin

Kansas St losing to Okie St but its close with 5 to go

Florida needs the win to get back on the right side of things and playing like they need it. Auburn's a lock. This time of year always have to think of games that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT