ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 3/7......NEW UPDATE 3/12 1PM PAGE 37

Someone explain Ohio State to me. Injuries? Can't believe how average they've been since we beat them

Alabama murdering their seeding late. Now 19-13! they went from a possible 4 seed a few weeks ago to a probable 7 seed...some incredible wins this year but 3 straight losses and too many losses overall...

So outside of RU winning tomorrow what do we need to happen to secure our bid?

I get they have some solid early season wins...but at 7-11 in conference, how is Iowa State in, let alone an 8 seed

The NET is breaking college basketball
I keep seeing this all over. So many teams in good leagues under .500 and they are locks. We are 4 over and hanging on for dear life.
Yeah yeah I know league record doesn’t matter.

Fortunate?
We were beating them by 15…we almost have that game away but we dominated them until the end

I think this game shows you what could have happened if their comeback had started just a little earlier. 5 more minutes we would have been down two possession just like OSU.

Anyway, fortunate maybe was the wrong word...what I mean is it was a good win over a solid team.

I get they have some solid early season wins...but at 7-11 in conference, how is Iowa State in, let alone an 8 seed

The NET is breaking college basketball

Iowa State has 8 Quad 1 wins, their worst loss was Kansas State...a Q3..overall sos of 15

7-7 vs schools in the field

Reactions: DirtyRU
Yeah...I looked at their wins...they took care of their creampuffs

But 5 games under .500 in conference should be disqualifying, let alone an 8 seed!!!!

( i am not picking on you...but the system is fracked)

they have the wins, conference record does not matter...they clocked Iowa by 20. Big 12 is a tough conference. OKlahoma now trying to get back in at 18-14.

Non conference is almost 1/3 the season, have to win those games, you just cannot dismiss them because they were early...RU was just 6-4..thats awful..they went 0-3 on the road. lost to Umass and De Paul

Late games went our way, USC came back to beat Washington as did San Diego State with Fresno so no bid stealer from the Mountain West.

Rooting guide for today in the event we lose to Iowa... we want the following to lose:

11:30 -- Indiana vs Illinois
12:00 -- Texas A&M vs Auburn
12:00 -- Fordham vs Davidson
(unless you think Davidson falls out with a loss here..otherwise we want Davidson auto bid)
12:30 -- La Tech vs North Texas (we want a UNT auto bid)
7:00 -- SMU vs Tulsa
7:00 -- Miami vs Duke (this one is more for seeding)
8:30 -- Vandy vs Kentucky
8:30 -- VCU vs Richmond
9:00 -- Colorado vs Arizona

9:00 -- Memphis vs UCF
9:00 -- Penn State vs Purdue
9:30 -- Wyoming vs Boise
9:30 -- VaTech vs UNC
9:30 -- Oklahoma vs Texas Tech

The games in bold are the important ones. The others are either bid thieves that have other opportunities to lose or "nice to haves".

Last edited:
I agree with your point of view.Failure to have a winning league record should be a reason for non selection for a NCAA bid.Its a signal of mediocrity not success because most of the games played are against league rivals.
I don't think Rutgers fans of all people want to go down the road of punishing teams for playing in a tough conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT