ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 3/7......NEW UPDATE 3/12 1PM PAGE 37

Wanted to see if it was better for Wyoming that Boise St or San Diego St won, and didn't realize how weak Wyoming's resume was, 0-1.vs SanDiego St, 1-2 vs Boise St, 1-1 ColoradoSt, 2-4 vs the 3 MWC locks, both wins at home, and a blow out loss @ Arizona. Other 2 Q1 wins @ Utah St and @ Fresno St. for their 4-5 Q1 record, the 7-1 Q2 isn't much better.

We have 18 wins … are there any teams in that will have equal or less? That’s my worry. Other than Michigan but I feel like that’s a reason we’ll be in the first 4

Gillespie with two straight 3 pointers .Villanova leads 50-45 with two minutes remaining.

Wyoming, Michigan, Texas A&M and one more for the first 4 that isn’t us? Or will it be us

Wyoming, Michigan, Texas A&M and one more for the first 4 that isn’t us? Or will it be us

Bubble definitely has shrunk. Think 10 teams are fighting for 7 spots. I didn't move SMU down even with the loss. It wasn't a bad loss at all plus I think they can still get in. Their WAB is 2.0 on torvik.

Last byes:
Indiana
Texas A&M
Wyoming

Playins:
Rutgers
Michigan
Virginia Tech
Notre Dame

Remaining out:
SMU
Xavier
Oklahoma

A Virginia Tech win would move them past all the last 4 ins. A loss to Duke probably makes them the last team in and at the mercy of Davidson. I think RU-VT and Michigan-ND is a good possibility

I agree with Scarlet Blind. Wyoming's resume is not great. I think they are out. There is a guy in the men's bball thread on the Syracuse site that does a good job with breaking down the brackets. (Not as good as BAC) but he has been doing it for years and has been pretty good in the past. He has us in as a play in.

Still confused of the love for Indiana? We just beat them! They lost 7 of 10 to end the season.
Exactly. Everyone gets wrapped up in conference tourney because it’s the last time you see a team. They had to come back to beat an average Michigan team and played an Illinois team ( solid win) with not much to play for. They haven’t been good for over a month.

Last edited:
Exactly. Everyone gets rapped up in conference tourney because it’s the last time you see a team. They had to come back to beat an average Michigan team and played an Illinois team ( solid win) with not much to play for. They haven’t been good for over a month.
[/QUOTE

That’s a little rough …5 games against these ncaa seeds

They lost to a 5 seed at the buzzer

They beat a 4 seed

They beat a 12 seed

They lost by 2 to a 3 seed

They lost at the buzzer to a 11 seed

That’s they’re last 5 games …

Wanted to see if it was better for Wyoming that Boise St or San Diego St won, and didn't realize how weak Wyoming's resume was, 0-1.vs SanDiego St, 1-2 vs Boise St, 1-1 ColoradoSt, 2-4 vs the 3 MWC locks, both wins at home, and a blow out loss @ Arizona. Other 2 Q1 wins @ Utah St and @ Fresno St. for their 4-5 Q1 record, the 7-1 Q2 isn't much better.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were out. See Colorado St last year.

Man I respect you but the only advantage the current approach has over literally just letting a computer algorithm select the teams is the current system is more entertaining.

Watching humans try to parse a big data set manually when we have tools to do that for us (i.e. data science or “science” as you put it) is laughable and basically just shows how much the world has passed the old guys by.

Alas, they are still in control.

For now.
@bac2therac

To be clear I'm talking about the committee, not you. You're doing great work.

Reactions: bac2therac
Is there a place to see how Jerry Palm has ranked with his picks last couple years?

There is no guarantee Rutgers gets picked over Xavier..or Notre Dame
I can understand (not agree but understand) ND getting in over us, but I cannot see how Xavier is still alive on the bubble. They sucked down the stretch. I get the committee does not look at how a team does down the stretch but aside from us there are probably 2-3 other bubble teams I would put in over them.

the selection committee always gives great weight to the conference tourneys. I think Texas AnM and Va tech are both in and both avoid Dayton. Especially if they win their tourneys. Last year Georgetown and Oregon state were given Real seeds and avoided Dayton for winning their conference tourneys

the selection committee always gives great weight to the conference tourneys. I think Texas AnM and Va tech are both in and both avoid Dayton. Especially if they win their tourneys. Last year Georgetown and Oregon state were given Real seeds and avoided Dayton for winning their conference tourneys
No they don’t always give great weight to the conference tournaments. And you couldn’t be more wrong about Oregon state and Georgetown as to why they weren’t in Dayton.

Reactions: bac2therac

No they don’t always give great weight to the conference tournaments. And you couldn’t be more wrong about Oregon state and Georgetown as to why they weren’t in Dayton.
Play-in games are the last four at-larges and last four autos. Oregon State and Georgetown would've had to be as bad as the worst 16 seeds to be in play-in games

Duke literally let’s their post players post up two feet from the basket with no help. So soft

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT