ADVERTISEMENT

BAC'S NCAA BUBBLE PECKING ORDER: 3/11/19

ASU now with 22 wins and 11 Quad 1/2 wins they are a lock. I don't care how bad the PAC 12 is. Can you find me any historical data where a 22 win team in a major conference didn't get in and finishing 2nd in the league? Also, I actually think Oregon is playing by far the best in the league and think they win it all.

I think State is in. UVA is that good... I think.
Hope Texas loses. Fact that there is even a conversation for a .500 team is disturbing on many levels.
Feel for UNCG who can beat many of the bubble teams.
Stunned at WVU beating Texas Tech.
Thought Creighton would make a run and now it looks like Xavier. Don’t know what to make of it.
OSU looked good. Has to hurt Indy.
Happy for Miles at Nebraska. Seems like a good guy.
Most fun time of year.

ASU now with 22 wins and 11 Quad 1/2 wins they are a lock. I don't care how bad the PAC 12 is. Can you find me any historical data where a 22 win team in a major conference didn't get in and finishing 2nd in the league? Also, I actually think Oregon is playing by far the best in the league and think they win it all.

there has never been a major conference as bad as the Pac 12..and they have 4 losses vs Q3 and 4 including 2 in Q4. I think they are fairly safe even with a loss in next round. However if Colorado or Oregon were to win the Pac 12 and WVU wins the Big 12 and Davidson wins the A10 and Bowling Green wins the MAC....you get what I am saying, there are scenerios that could knock them out. I would say 85% chance they are in.

LAST 4 BYES: ST JOHN'S, OHIO STATE, ARIZONA STATE, TCU

LAST 4 IN: ALABAMA, TEMPLE, FLORIDA, NORTH CAROLINA STATE(last in)

LAST 4 OUT: BELMONT, (last out), INDIANA, LIPSCOMB, UNC GREENSBORO

NEXT 4 OUT: FURMAN, XAVIER, OREGON, CREIGHTON

Last edited:
Reactions: lloyde dobler
Man I would love to see Belmont or Lipscomb get an at-large... no idea if they deserve it but it would be fun

They do deserve it...both really but I think only one...and it could be Furman or Greensboro.

Belmont beat Lipscomb 2x in non conference play so they almost have to go before Lispcomb.

It would be perfect to showcase two low majors vs a power conference school. Belmont vs St Johns, Lipscomb vs Arizona State

Belmont and Furman deserve bids. Great to see them part of play-in games against power conference teams.

Don't forget UNC Greensboro which gave Gonzaga a battle in last year's tourney.

System stinks. Feel for Lipscomb (which beat TCU), Belmont and Furman. It's what makes March Madness fun, not .500 Texas teams.

For all my rage against Texas and quadrants, did not realize that Indiana is 8-15 against Quadrants 1 and 2. In spite of MSU wins, underachieving teams don't deserve to get in.

Last edited:
Greensboro's best win was Furman...however all 6 of their losses are Quad 1.....I just have a hard time giving a bid to a school that lost to Wofford not once but twice but three times...and two of the games were blowouts. If they are getting blown out by Wofford then tell me why they should go

I like Belmont more because they beat Lispcomb 2x, Murray State and UCLA

So would I-----TCU at 7-11 in conference------IU 8-12------ St John's 8-10 , Clemson 9-9----Florida , Bama-----list goes on and on.

Don't forget UNC Greensboro which gave Gonzaga a battle in last year's tourney.

System stinks. Feel for Lipscomb (which beat TCU), Belmont and Furman. It's what makes March Madness fun, not .500 Texas teams.

For all my rage against Texas and quadrants, did not realize that Indiana is 8-15 against Quadrants 1 and 2. In spite of MSU wins, underachieving teams don't deserve to get in.

Indiana dealt with injuries but has played better as guys became available again

URI wins

A10 will get 2 bids

Someones bid was stole..thats 2 already

Others lurking if Washington, Buffalo, Utah St/Nev do not win their conference tourneys

Also be on the lookout for Nebby, WVU, and Memphis

Reactions: gregkoko
Ohio State falls to Michigan State. Not a bad effort but they still will be sweating things out especially now with only 6 bids available due to the URI win. They were helped out a bit yesterday

And i am going to narrow it down to 5 bids. Florida rallied from way back to defeat LSU a second time. Its enough for me to lock them in. Alabama you are on the clock facing a must win vs Kentucky

St Johns is fine...but they may be playing in the play in games when all is said and done

SJU's resume blows Temples, NC States out of the water and Bamas should the Tide lose

BAC, name a top 30 team the Johnnies beat out of conference? Their OOC schedule stinks.

UCF is in but they may have done their seeding some damage with that 24 point loss to Memphis. Memphis could be a bid stealer if they can knock off Houston and then win the AAC final

Xavier wins why should they have 5? Suppose Oregon wins tourney and they get 3 in, some team is going to get screwed. Maybe the Johnnies.

LOL calling P12 a major conference this year. They are literally below the AAC on KenPom and are closer (numerically on KenPom) to the Patriot League or CAA than they are to the Big Ten this season.

yeah Buffalo very lucky....bubble exhales

Alabama loses to Kentucky and were not really competitive...things not looking good for them IMO at 18-15

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT