ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Baker/Pikiell offer comments on Baker's IG reply today

Slice of what pie? Can’t be revenue. Profits? Whose profits? How are they distributed?

I could see a stipend equivalent to what the average college student makes over the summer if they can’t work.
When was the last time Rutgers turned a profit in it’s total athletic department. How much $$$$ is the athletic program totally in debt? We are unable to fund or equally share revenues amongst these ( 800+ players ) at RU. Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, PSU , Florida, Texas. Not a problem . Dear old RU not happening unless the NCAA says it is mandatory at P5 .

Not a chance, to say easily is delusional...no local car company would hire Geo for advertising, their customers don’t know who he is.
They’ll hire Tino Martinez or Lee Mazzilli, or Harry Carson or Jack Hughes.
Not your fault, you just don’t understand the NIL world or appearance, endorsement industry
There are a few beans in there for someone like Geo somewhere I feel pretty convinced of that.

I don’t understand. So most schools including Rutgers aren’t spending enough to make enough? Don’t get it. Certainly paying athletes isn’t going to help the situation.
I'm saying they all make a lot of revenue, and some plow that revenue back into sports...not in the hope that it will result in an eventual profit, but because they want the benefits of a Power 5 sports program for all of the other obvious reasons such as marketing and student experience.

I'm saying they all make a lot of revenue, and some plow that revenue back into sports...not in the hope that it will result in an eventual profit, but because they want the benefits of a Power 5 sports program for all of the other obvious reasons such as marketing and student experience.
I already agreed with you on a revenue pool set aside to pay these kids some kind of equal pay since working in the off season isn’t feasible any more.
Just so you know, the compensation from any car dealer for any athlete is not monetary, it’s in the form of giving them free use of a car.
I’ve brokered several of those for a National Icon,

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT