ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball season

Let's get this thing going!!!
basketball-784097__340.jpg

Pikiell was not only enthusiastic about the future. He’s confident that we are really good right now. That’s what I took from his day today and why I’m more excited than ever.

Pike always has a plan. Love his forward looking optimistic view on the team, players and future. He will succeed here, no doubt!
I like Pike... and have the button to prove it.

Reactions: Scangg
If everything falls into place this year, I believe we can surprise. I still don't see us going to the NCAA's although I would LOVE to be wrong. But I can see us in the NIT, which for this rebuild would be a very nice accomplishment, since the NIT is much different than it used to be and harder to get into than it used to be.

If everything falls into place this year, I believe we can surprise. I still don't see us going to the NCAA's although I would LOVE to be wrong. But I can see us in the NIT, which for this rebuild would be a very nice accomplishment, since the NIT is much different than it used to be and harder to get into than it used to be.
If everything falls into place this year as you think, the NIT is the last thing we want. That would be a disappointment.

If everything falls into place this year as you think, the NIT is the last thing we want. That would be a disappointment.
No it wouldn't. We haven't finished above .500 in years. Let's get over that hump and then talk about post season tournaments. Am I optimistic? Yes. But I'm also realistic. If we somehow jumped into the NCAA's I would be over the moon.

Always excited to be in the presence of Rutgers fans at the RAC! Walking into the RAC is a great energy. Pre-consumption of dollar dogs.

Reactions: RU MAN
No it wouldn't. We haven't finished above .500 in years. Let's get over that hump and then talk about post season tournaments. Am I optimistic? Yes. But I'm also realistic. If we somehow jumped into the NCAA's I would be over the moon.
That's where I'm at. Let get to .500 or better and go from there. When was our last winning record? 2006-07 or 2005-06? We had chances to finish .500 the last couple of years. Need to show that we can eliminate brain fart games early in the season and finish strong at the end.

That's where I'm at. Let get to .500 or better and go from there. When was our last winning record? 2006-07 or 2005-06? We had chances to finish .500 the last couple of years. Need to show that we can eliminate brain fart games early in the season and finish strong at the end.
Agreed. You were right about the last winning season of 2005-2006 when we were 19-14. The under .500 years reached 13 last seasons. The futility has been staggering. That's why I'm cautiously optimistic to take the next step and go above .500. And if that also includes an NIT invite I would be thrilled. If it means NCAA I would be surprised, but over the moon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT