ADVERTISEMENT

Baye Ndongo

Maybe we screwed Hobbs. Maybe everyone was getting a raise except him. He and Pike were good friends for years. Guys don't usually do this to good friends. I'm guessing something happened between the two, but I have no knowledge.
I’m not hating on his decision. Gotta do what’s best for yourself and your situation but he screwed us by taking ndongo. That’s all.

Some of this is luck and happenstance, too. Remember that before we recruited Ndongo we were hot after Baye Fall (can't get off the bench for an Arkansas team that's nearly as bad as us) and then Ladji Dembele (hasn't scored a point since December 16 for Iowa). Fall was for sure a Hobbs recruit, not positive about Dembele. Ndongo feels different because he was the one who committed but if we had gotten Baye Fall and then he followed Hobbs to Georgia Tech there'd be no "woe is us" thread.

I've watched a lot of GTech games. Other than the occasional freshman mistake, looks fantastic. Very impressed by his scoring. He has been ACC Freshman of the Week 4 times, and the top Freshman rebounder in the country at over 9/game.

I saw an article on player power rankings for freshmen. He is above and below a bunch of one-and-dones. He's got to be thinking...

Reactions: RUDiddy777
I've watched a lot of GTech games. Other than the occasional freshman mistake, looks fantastic. Very impressed by his scoring. He has been ACC Freshman of the Week 4 times, and the top Freshman rebounder in the country at over 9/game.

I saw an article on player power rankings for freshmen. He is above and below a bunch of one-and-dones. He's got to be thinking...
Watched a little of his game last nite. Looked really good around the rim and made a couple of really nice passes.

Guy is tearing it up at Georgia Tech. Damn that hurts to see. Not only would he have helped us this year but he would have been a great returning piece to add to the stud class next year. Hobbs screwed us.
Absolutely. I have been harping about this since it happened that this was a huge loss. He has come in mature , polished on both ends and playing extended minutes. He has carried the team offensively at times. Carl Hobbs going to a lateral job at Georgia Tech ( couldn’t have been about money ) to go with Damon Stoutamire who will not be leaving any time soon , was an absolute screw job to Pike. Pike is damn loyal and Hobbs , Cam and Paul did not repay the loyalty as to their timing or their knowledge of how desparately they were needed with Caleb gone and Mag hurt. Pike wad screwed and we are witnessing the result. Damn shame.

Maybe we screwed Hobbs. Maybe everyone was getting a raise except him. He and Pike were good friends for years. Guys don't usually do this to good friends. I'm guessing something happened between the two, but I have no knowledge.
I call bullshit

Reactions: TRU2RU
Hobbs has family down there that he wanted to get near.

Absolutely. I have been harping about this since it happened that this was a huge loss. He has come in mature , polished on both ends and playing extended minutes. He has carried the team offensively at times. Carl Hobbs going to a lateral job at Georgia Tech ( couldn’t have been about money ) to go with Damon Stoutamire who will not be leaving any time soon , was an absolute screw job to Pike. Pike is damn loyal and Hobbs , Cam and Paul did not repay the loyalty as to their timing or their knowledge of how desparately they were needed with Caleb gone and Mag hurt. Pike wad screwed and we are witnessing the result. Damn shame.
What did Leo Durocher say?

Hobbs wants to be a head coach again. He thought Stoidamaire would get him there!
And Hobbs went from being co-associate head coach with Brandin Knight, to being the sole associate head coach and top assistant to Stoudamire at Georgia Tech... Despite the fact that he and Knight had the same position on Pike's staff, Hobbs was scheduled to be paid $380K this season to Knight's $625K... His Georgia Tech salary is $500K and he received $25K for relocation expenses. Maybe those factors affected his decision to accept the GT offer, at least slightly...

Last edited:
In all seriousness he might be a one and done. And if not he could easily transfer for a bag. He’s that good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT