ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Tournament Thread

Was Donner really our best option? Seems like he got some shore preference to be in that spot. Are we really to believe that he beat out Turley last year? I know it was a tough weight for Jackson to make but come on! Would of loved to see Clark in there.

Man Donner just can't put it together. He looks really fast but for some reason just can't finish any of his moves.

Was Donner really our best option? Seems like he got some shore preference to be in that spot. Are we really to believe that he beat out Turley last year? I know it was a tough weight for Jackson to make but come on! Would of loved to see Clark in there.

He did not beat out Turley last season, the SCALE beat Turley out last season. And since this year was a FREE year dont you think if Clark or O'Neill were better options, they would be in the lineup?

7 guys still alive. Eliminated at 2 weights. Outside shot at an at large at 157

125 Shawver - needs 1 win
141 SeaBass - NQ, in semis
149 MVB - needs 1 win, then win 1 of 2
174 Turley - needs 1 win
184 Poz - NQ, in semis
197 Janzer - needs 2 wins
285 Collucci - needs 1 win, then win 1 of 2

Are they doing wrestle backs now?
They’re probably going to run the next wrestlebacks simultaneously with the semis tonight The loser of the semis face the winners of the wrestlebacks. And then from there you’ll get your 3rd, 5th, and 7th place matches which I assume will all happen tomorrow morning. Maybe 7th place happens tonight.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Any word on Sawver, Metzger, MVB, Donner, Janzer and Colucci did in wrestle backs

2021 Big Ten Championship Team Scores after first session

1. Iowa - 75.5
2. Nebraska - 63.0
3. Michigan - 49.0
4. Penn State - 45.0
5. Minnesota - 35.0
6. Ohio State - 33.0
7. Michigan State - 25.0
8. Northwestern - 24.0
9. Purdue -23.5
9. Rutgers - 23.5
11. Illinois - 17.5
12. Wisconsin - 11.5
13. Indiana - 7.5
14. Maryland - 2

Semifinalists by school
Iowa (8)
Nebraska (7)
Michigan (5)
Penn State (4)
Minnesota (3)
Ohio State (3)
Michigan State (2)
Northwestern (2)
Purdue (2)
Rutgers (2)
Illinois (1)
Wisconsin (1)

Looks like RU will be 10th or higher....
Nick Lee vs SeaBass will decide just how high they can go.
I am thinking SeaBass with a grind it out W

Shawver vs Howard....Another great Match
Brooks vs poz.......The real testt o see if POz can contend for an AA spot this year.

For someone wrestling-ignorant could someone give a thumbnail about how today went as compared to expectations? Thanks.

For someone wrestling-ignorant could someone give a thumbnail about how today went as compared to expectations? Thanks.
About as good as you can expect without two starters (133, 157) and with one kid who just became a starter a few weeks ago (125). Only disappointment was Van Brill (149), no one expected much from (165, Hwt). (197) Has been trying to find his way at a new weight all season and hasn't found it yet. (174, 184, 141) preforming as expected, well (174) might be considered a surprise, he preformed quite well against #2.

Last edited:
Reactions: zebnatto
I think the first round was better than what we doomsday folks predicted. Sawver upset the #4 seed to begin and Seabass got a pin and a win to get to semis along with Poz who pinned and decioned his way to the semis. Turley lost in the 1/4 round 11-9 to the #2 kid in the country. MVB, Turley, Janzer and Colucci and Sawver still in wrestlebacks

Reactions: Leonard23
About as good as you can expect without two starters (133, 157) and with one kid who just became a starter a few weeks ago (125). Only disappointment was Van Brill (149), no one expected much from (165, Hwt). (197) Has been trying to find his way at a new weight all season and hasn't found it yet. (174, 184, 141) preforming as expected, well (174) might be considered a surprise, he preformed quite well against #2.
Why was MVB a disappointment?

I think the first round was better than what we doomsday folks predicted. Sawver upset the #4 seed to begin and Seabass got a pin and a win to get to semis along with Poz who pinned and decioned his way to the semis. Turley lost in the 1/4 round 11-9 to the #2 kid in the country. MVB, Turley, Janzer and Colucci and Sawver still in wrestlebacks

I would consider it a good tourney
125: Better than expectcations
133: AS expected
141: AS EXpected
149: Below his seed
165: AS expected
174: slightly better than expected
184: better than seed (thou we all thought he could beat WEBSTER)
197: Tough draw for Janzer
285: As expected

I thought he'd win that 1st round match up, apparently you didn't. Just a difference of opinion.
Yeah, no worries. Extremely hard worker and got a ton more aggressive this season but still relied on his unorthodox merkle offense, which is a crapshoot.

Reactions: koleszar
I am not happy with the split screen for semis...
I wish they had an option to watch specific mats on B10plus

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I am not happy with the split screen for semis...
I wish they had an option to watch specific mats on B10plus
They do. B1GN+ website and app allows you to watch each individual mat. B1G TV channel will likely have split screen.

I have my computer set to Mat 1.........TV set to B10 Network (Channel 610 Direct TV)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT