ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Tournament Thread

Penn State's Aaron Brooks, the reigning 184-pound champion and John Poznanski's semifinal round opponent, has not been spotted yet in warmups. He suffered an ankle injury and lacerations in his quarterfinal round bout. The idea Poz could get a medical forfeit into the finals is beginning to bounce around. Stay tuned.

Spencer Lee is absolutely insane. Truly incredible to watch.

Now Live on B1G Network..Rutgers with 2 in semi...The Lee (PSU) vs Rivera from Rutgers will be wild at 141lbs

Last edited:
E-gads Shawver can't do anything taken down riden out and down 6-0 with over 2 mins. of RT against.

Chad Red is a FRESHMAN?
I would have sworn he was a junior....
I think my memory is going

Yeah, Shawver got himself in trouble trying to escape and put himself in a bad situation unfortunately.

Ugh. SeaBass looked really tired. In on 2 or 3 shots but couldn't finish. Lee was just stronger today.

Ugh. SeaBass looked really tired. In on 2 or 3 shots but couldn't finish. Lee was just stronger today.
Thought the same thing. Gotta wonder if the covid pauses had any impact. He had some good opportunities to win that but just couldn’t finish.

Reactions: Leonard23
I have to admit I was worried Rivera might be a little too small for 141, this match did give me hope he can make the finals and win it. A couple tweaks and he beats Lee next time.

I agree and I think next year we see a much improved Rivera at 141. I think another year of training at this weight and he will be even stronger which will make him scary good to finish a lot of those spots.

I only heard a bit of this on the radio as I was driving. What do you think of the challenge brick thrown in this match? The WRSU announcers thought we had a good case.

sea bass is a tough cookie,,,,lee man handled everyone he faced this year....except for the bass man...he will come out with fire in his eyes at the ncaa's....it would have been nice if he could have pulled a dake with a win......i think also he was the last man to beat "spencer the great"...that"s an accomplishment few men can claim.....lee's bud desanto denied him a fourth state chmp........i hope poz can upset brooks....he's a tough cookie....didn't poz lose in the last seconds to the guy he pinned ....ya never know

Thought the same thing. Gotta wonder if the covid pauses had any impact. He had some good opportunities to win that but just couldn’t finish.
Seb looked tired in 2 Nd period could be from lack of matches. Lee has a motor keeps coming
I have to admit I was worried Rivera might be a little too small for 141, this match did give me hope he can make the finals and win it. A couple tweaks and he beats Lee next time.
Tons of guys look off today, likely due to the long layoffs, covid stops and starts, erratic practice partners, and lack of a real season and many matches. This season is unlike any other. NCAAs should be interesting. SeaBass can beat him. Locked hands definitely changed the match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT