ADVERTISEMENT

Blackshear should take the C off of his uniform

Yah, agreed. I’m fine. These are kids and they get to make their choices. But why even have captains if they don’t model selfless leadership? Eugene. Jonah. Raheem

agree. The kid has his right to make a decision but that's not a decision a Captain would make.

Now is it possible that the coaches supported this decision so that he can come back and have an extra year to play? It's possible but unlikely.

Sit is available, he’s only played 3 games, Blackshear can find a piece a pine

Wonder if this redshirt thing with him and Sit
is something they talked to the RU FB staff about and Campanile recommended to them .
Probably not, but I'm not going to rant about something until I get all the facts, not just the result

is something they talked to the RU FB staff about and Campanile recommended to them .
Probably not, but I'm not going to rant about something until I get all the facts, not just the result
Stop being so calm, and rational as usual. :Wink:

Reactions: 17Q66

I think not, waiting to the morning of a game F’s the coach and team Nunzio, did not look happy when asked by the BTN sideline reporter.

I think Hobbs fired Ash so that the kids COULD redshirt. During his presser he spoke about how he felt the timing was linked to doing what was best for student athletes. I would not be surprised if Hobbs expressed this to the team.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
I think Hobbs fired Ash so that the kids COULD redshirt. During his presser he spoke about how he felt the timing was linked to doing what was best for student athletes. I would not be surprised if Hobbs expressed this to the team.

Your giving him too much credit and that would not work anyway as you need guys to play the next 8 weeks. He screwed this up from a timing perspective. Was never clear to me what triggered making the change this week.

Agree about removing the C from Blackshear immediately!

Reactions: Scarlet83
Telling the staff last night was so selfish. They game planned and repped with the idea he was playing.

I’d cut him right then. Me first guy. If this ever gets turned around, it’s going to take a of team first guys.

Interesting. And I'd like to introduce Mr. Hobbs to the 30K folks who no longer buy tickets.

I think this says more about Ash and how he picked leaders. Sone of these guys are showing signs of me first instead of team first. When the going gets tough is when true leaders emerge.
Why shouldn’t they make the best decision for them, the coaches do it. You think JJ made the wrong decision, it took him 4 year to play on a winning team, good for him.some of these players will leave after the season good for them, if you think we aren’t looking at a 7-ton10 year rebuild you are kidding yourself. Would you call a high school player who leave his hometown to play at a powerhouse program a quitter or someone who made a business decision

Why shouldn’t they make the best decision for them, the coaches do it. You think JJ made the wrong decision, it took him 4 year to play on a winning team, good for him.some of these players will leave after the season good for them, if you think we aren’t looking at a 7-ton10 year rebuild you are kidding yourself. Would you call a high school player who leave his hometown to play at a powerhouse program a quitter or someone who made a business decision

I think having 55 kids that get to be coaches and decide when they get to play is a recipe for disaster. its better to take away the sit out a year, than what is in place with the 4 game rule.

Also, if you are a leader, when things go south, you do what you can to lead your team out through the tough times to better days, not stop trying to go elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT