ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mike Tyson returning to the ring

To me, the most interesting part is this match will be on Netflix. Netflix is also getting WWE.

As for the match itself, I'll probably watch. Free boxing with two fighters I know is pretty rare. Even if this is just a freak show event.

Reactions: MrsScrew
A 57 year old gets back in the ring, I'm 99% sure of the reason. He's broke .

Not sure if he's broke, but I'm sure there is a boatload of money he was offered and one he probably couldn't turn down. By far and away the best opportunity for a payday he will have for the rest of his life.
Remember he made $10mil a couple years ago to fight Jones.

If this was real life, Tyson would destroy this goof in two minutes. But we all know how fake these Paul fights are. If this is legit, I hope Tyson puts that scumbag in a coma.
Don't get me wrong Paul is a much better marketer than boxer, but he can still hold his own and would probably be an average, run of the mill boxer if he was a real pro. An average pro boxer in his prime vs any 57 year old former champion is not going to go well for the 57 year old.

Reactions: Knightmoves
If this was real life, Tyson would destroy this goof in two minutes. But we all know how fake these Paul fights are. If this is legit, I hope Tyson puts that scumbag in a coma.

I haven't followed boxing since the middleweights 40+ years ago and know nothing about Paul, at 57 he must be broke.

He was at one time but no longer after he remade himself and he is not your average 57 year old. He may not be able to go
More than a few rounds but he is still quick and can punch
Training Vid's are still pretty impressive.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
Certainly not a Paul fan but this is a very unclassy thing to say.
Funny how I’ve been called names for simply pointing out the hypocrisy that NO ONE in history of NJ HS Sports, or damm near ANYWHERE had to GIVE THE GAME BACK, FORFEIT THE NEXT GAME, DO THE RIGHT THING, BLAH BLAH BLAH for something no fault of their own until this week and most here agreed with that.

But I’m unclassy for calling two scumbags who is not associated with Rutgers, Logan and Jake Paul, SCUMBAGS and hoping Tyson puts Jake in a coma for reasons that most here won’t give a rats arse about, among the other bull 💩 shenanigans they have done in their past for clout and millions of likes/ 💰💰💰.

Don’t worry, Jake’s money that will go into Tyson’s account will make sure Jake won’t be harmed in this Paul Brothers Exhibition.

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

The greatest heavyweight champ of all time will fight again. Should be interesting

Tyson had trouble with fighters bigger and as strong or stronger than himself
Holyfield, and even a huge underdog Buster Douglas
He was great for a while then he was not

Reactions: colbert17
I hope so but I doubt it. Never saw Paul fight but I'd really be surprised if Tyson won.This fight is not legit. There is no future for making money with Tyson while if Paul wins he'll continue to generate cash.
I follow Tyson on Twitter/X and he appears to be in good shape and training. Paul may be a decent fighter but I think he's going to have problems early on with Tyson's jabs/hooks and shorter arms. My guess is it will be a good fight for a few rounds until Tyson tires. However I could see a scenario where Tyson knocks him out early.

Reactions: newell138
I hope so but I doubt it. Never saw Paul fight but I'd really be surprised if Tyson won.This fight is not legit. There is no future for making money with Tyson while if Paul wins he'll continue to generate cash.
Let’s just say Logan Paul’s WWE matches are more legit than Jake Paul’s “boxing matches.”

Reactions: colbert17
I follow Tyson on Twitter/X and he appears to be in good shape and training. Paul may be a decent fighter but I think he's going to have problems early on with Tyson's jabs/hooks and shorter arms. My guess is it will be a good fight for a few rounds until Tyson tires. However I could see a scenario where Tyson knocks him out early.
Those videos shows Tyson’s skills are still insane at his age.

If this fight was legit: won’t last past Round 2. But it won’t be so…

Paul is pretty good for an amateur but he's a little slow and his punches are wide and leaves himself open most of the time. Tyson likes to work the inside and should have plenty of opportunities to knock him out. I think Tyson takes him out in the first round unless its a fake fight like the Roy Jones fight .

Reactions: Section124
Maybe just maybe Joe Louis was the greatest heavy weight of all time.
Might be on to something.

He, Ali… Some people will say Marciano or Tyson himself.

Been out of the boxing loop for a while.
Are the Klitchkos in this convo?

Retired NFL players say power is the last thing to go.
Tyson (5' 10") always had power and the short and quick arms amplified that.
Foreman had power but was 6' 4"

Alas as Rocky said "It's not about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward.”

Mike lost to Buster because he couldn't defend anymore and got knocked-out.
That's the difference between Tyson and Ali - who never got knocked-out for the count (might have been better for Ali to get knocked-out vs staying a target)

x6qkqzU.gif

A coma? C’mon.

I don’t even get why Jake Paul is famous but a coma is a bit much.

Reactions: RUforJERSEY
A coma? C’mon.

I don’t even get why Jake Paul is famous but a coma is a bit much.
So out of all of the things said by everyone here about everything, THIS comment about Jake Paul gets you THIS upset?

K.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT