ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College Lands Coveted '22 Quarterback Peter Delaportas

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Does Rutgers still have a shot here? Damn that Hafley.

The Pope John XII (New Jersey) quarterback is a game changing recruit for the Eagles. He is ranked a four star by 247sports, and is considered the 10th ranked pro style quarterback in the country. He chose the Eagles over offers from Kentucky, Syracuse, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia.
This commitment is big for the Eagles for a number of reasons. Delaportas is a top level quarterback, and could be a program defining player.

Reactions: bmanning2000
When I see NJ recruits from Catholic Parochial schools commit to BC, i seldom ask myself why not Rutgers because I feel ND & BC have a distinct recruiting advantage because of the HS the recruit went to was Catholic.
But I do wonder how BC gets a top recruit over ND , though it seems ND didn't offer this kid.

The Pope John XII (New Jersey) quarterback is a game changing recruit for the Eagles. He is ranked a four star by 247sports, and is considered the 10th ranked pro style quarterback in the country. He chose the Eagles over offers from Kentucky, Syracuse, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia.
This commitment is big for the Eagles for a number of reasons. Delaportas is a top level quarterback, and could be a program defining player.

A college football post on a college football board??
I call on the mods to ban you immediately!!!

But I do wonder how BC gets a top recruit over ND , though it seems ND didn't offer this kid.

Kelly.

Who really really wants to play QB for Kelly and have him meet you halfway off the field with his red face, veins poppin and spittle flying.

Plus Boston is amazing place to go to college vs anywhere in Indiana. I don't know how coaches couldn't recruit Boston well

When I see NJ recruits from Catholic Parochial schools commit to BC, i seldom ask myself why not Rutgers because I feel ND & BC have a distinct recruiting advantage because of the HS the recruit went to was Catholic.

Looking at BC recruiting, they just landed a kid from Virginia with an ND offer.

Reactions: bmanning2000

We want the Angeli kid from Bergen Catholic.

# 1 QB on our board I'm told .

Kelly.

Who really really wants to play QB for Kelly and have him meet you halfway off the field with his red face, veins poppin and spittle flying.

Plus Boston is amazing place to go to college vs anywhere in Indiana. I don't know how coaches couldn't recruit Boston well

That hasn't happened for 4 years----Kelly has calmed down on that stuff.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
That hasn't happened for 4 years----Kelly has calmed down on that stuff.

I am reading about the allegations of what Kelly did to Phil Jurkovec and the reasons behind the transfer. Kelly still sounds like a jerk.

I am reading about the allegations of what Kelly did to Phil Jurkovec and the reasons behind the transfer. Kelly still sounds like a jerk.
What allegations? The main reason a 4 star QB would choose BC over ND or transfer to BC from ND is to be the only 4 star QB, rather than one of 5. Kelly doesn’t seem like a good guy, but highly ranked QBs transfer from any school when they get beat out.

He’s going to recruit well there.
You are correct. He’s recruiting really well. Hafley is a little like Tom Coughlin, injecting immediate life at BC. Not sure it’s sustainable because, like Coughlin, if he has success on the field he’s gone in 2-3 years. Coughlin was an NFL first guy. My guess is Hafley, if he wins, will get a big time P5 offer.

What allegations? The main reason a 4 star QB would choose BC over ND or transfer to BC from ND is to be the only 4 star QB, rather than one of 5. Kelly doesn’t seem like a good guy, but highly ranked QBs transfer from any school when they get beat out.

Which is exactly what happened here----Ian Book beat him out.

It wasn't close----wish the kid the best at BC except when he plays us.

If Kelly is such a jerk why would he sign off on a waiver to a school we're going to play ?

That is far from the norm. Even if guys ultimately get it very few HC's will sign off on it initially.

Which is exactly what happened here----Ian Book beat him out.

It wasn't close----wish the kid the best at BC except when he plays us.

If Kelly is such a jerk why would he sign off on a waiver to a school we're going to play ?

That is far from the norm. Even if guys ultimately get it very few HC's will sign off on it initially.

That's the point, he didn't sign off, he let the kids sweat it out. Whereas Ryan Day spoke out for transfers and Kelly was accused of opposing it. There was a whole Twitter campaign.

Supposedly wasnt just about Book. I'll try and find the article but doesn't paint ND coaches in great light.

The kid has a fairly good list of offers, but not a great one.
By the times it comes to sign his LOI , Perter might be poached by one of the big boys.
Rivals rates him a 3
ESPN a 4

The kid has a fairly good list of offers, but not a great one.
By the times it comes to sign his LOI , Perter might be poached by one of the big boys.
Rivals rates him a 3
ESPN a 4
I said a while back that Hafley is a big problem for NE recruiting. Im more worried about him. Delaportas is slightly over rated in my opinion but to get him to commit early is impressive. They are gonna get a 4 star lineman Drew Kendall also.

Game changer? Plenty of 4 star that don’t make it. A good recruit yes, game changer ? Way to early.

I just started another thread on Delaportas. He just got kicked out of Pope John and will play his senior season at Jefferson. Good luck with that

I said a while back that Hafley is a big problem for NE recruiting. Im more worried about him. Delaportas is slightly over rated in my opinion but to get him to commit early is impressive. They are gonna get a 4 star lineman Drew Kendall also.
I don’t stress him recruiting for BC. Rather him there then back at a place like Pitt. VC is going to get particular recruits. They go to a Catholic HS and have ND/BC as 1&2 on their list.
they are also not going to get certain kids for the same reason.
it is what it is no matter the coach.

is this QB a true Pro Style? If so, we’re we really recruiting him?

The kid is a loser, let's be honest, I guarantee that if Schiano really wanted him he would be committing to Rutgers. All these Schiano rejects have to play somewhere, so let him freeze his butt off playing in Boston in front of 15k fans in November, what a joke of a school and program.

With the exception of the Flutie years, BC has never caught on with Boston area sports fans. I'm not sure why college sports has always taken a back seat to pro sports. UMASS basketball when Calipari was the headcoach did have a broad following in Massachusetts.

With the exception of the Flutie years, BC has never caught on with Boston area sports fans. I'm not sure why college sports has always taken a back seat to pro sports. UMASS basketball when Calipari was the headcoach did have a broad following in Massachusetts.
Well Rutgers never really caught on until Schiano instilled a winning culture with Rutgers Football.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
The story goes is that Flutie was THE last scholarship offer for BC
Almost did not happen. Way too short to be a qb

He was told he would be a DB here and not a QB. Just like everyone else did too.

He was told he would be a DB here and not a QB. Just like everyone else did too.
I never understand colleges telling recruits they really want, that they can't play at the position they want

... we lost that player who went out to California because we told him he would not be a qb..... I think he went to UCLA and was promptly moved out of the qb position, after they told him he could compete for it
Just let the valued player try out for his spot first, then move him

Reactions: Knightmoves

You obviously don't follow college hockey.

To the best of my knowledge here is the true Flutie story.Jack Bicknell was the HC at Maine.Got hired by BC. Brought Flutie with him. My source, now deceased,was Good friend and L B coach of Bicknell.

I never understand colleges telling recruits they really want, that they can't play at the position they want

... we lost that player who went out to California because we told him he would not be a qb..... I think he went to UCLA and was promptly moved out of the qb position, after they told him he could compete for it
Just let the valued player try out for his spot first, then move him
It’s called having a plan & integrity.

It’s called having a plan & integrity.
Well, BC let Flutie give it a try, they probably were prepared to move him also

I would let a valued recruit try out for a position if we really wanted him

you have nothing to lose and he might surprise you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT