ADVERTISEMENT

Football Bowl projections for Rutgers Football entering week 13

I think It was an NJ.com article that I read this morning that had Northwestern as a Vegas front runner..Take look at their results. Their “signature win” was at Wisconsin who was playing with a back-up QB.. 28 point loss to PSU at home, 3 point win over Howard. & of course they did not play OSU or Michigan.
Plus they don’t draw - how many were at Piscataway, when they got blown out by Rutgers??
If Nebraska loses on Saturday, Rutgers/Maryland winner should go to Vegas..

Reactions: LeapinLou
I think It was an NJ.com article that I read this morning that had Northwestern as a Vegas front runner..Take look at their results. Their “signature win” was at Wisconsin who was playing with a back-up QB.. 28 point loss to PSU at home, 3 point win over Howard. & of course they did not play OSU or Michigan.
Plus they don’t draw - how many were at Piscataway, when they got blown out by Rutgers??
TV ratings matter more than fan attendance. If RU wins and NEB losses it would be between RU, NW and ILL most likely for the Vegas spot. I could see them choosing ILL in that scenario but just an educated guess

TV ratings matter more than fan attendance. If RU wins and NEB losses it would be between RU, NW and ILL most likely for the Vegas spot. I could see them choosing ILL in that scenario but just an educated guess
You think Illinois gets better ratings than us?

Reactions: ruronny
I stopped right there. No offense, as it's a full-blown "who knows," still, but I wouldn't take ANYTHING NJ.com says without multiple "grains of salt." Ever.

It would be very ironic for me, having been in Atlanta for almost 40 years, to have Rutgers and Georgia Tech finally play....but in New York, not here.
Would make for a great game. Make the trip up…..

Doesn't matter. OSU/Mich/PSU are ALL either playoff or NY6-game bound (barring a STUNNING loss to MSU, for PSU, this Saturday).
A non-stunning monkey wrench of NY-6 participants could be if Texas wins this week then loses CCG.

Bronx Bound and if you plan it you can have yourself a great trip to NYC doing multiple activities that are just fun. It won’t be cheap but it can be lots of fun. Not looking forward to the multiple threads shitting on the bowl and all the cheapos complaining about the prices of tickets parking food tolls etc etc.
kind of a weird post to people that spend a lot of time in NYC. If we were fans that were "out of town" - yes, telling us how much fun NYC can be and all the things to do, makes sense. I commute to NYC- Wife and I do monthly Brunches in the city. We take every friend and family that visit us here to NYC and do everything from fun to historic.
Who, from NJ is making a "trip" out of the Pinstripe bowl?

Just weird dude.

And the bowl does suck as bad as a bowl can. Outside in NYC, baseball field that comes apart by the beginning of the 2nd qtr.
But, it is so much better than not going to a bowl. That is kind of the only positive unless you are just happy to drive 45 mins and pay under $20 for tolls to enjoy 4 hours of football instead of fly, hotel, 3 days in a warm city and make a mini vacation.

kind of a weird post to people that spend a lot of time in NYC. If we were fans that were "out of town" - yes, telling us how much fun NYC can be and all the things to do, makes sense. I commute to NYC- Wife and I do monthly Brunches in the city. We take every friend and family that visit us here to NYC and do everything from fun to historic.
Who, from NJ is making a "trip" out of the Pinstripe bowl?

Just weird dude.

And the bowl does suck as bad as a bowl can. Outside in NYC, baseball field that comes apart by the beginning of the 2nd qtr.
But, it is so much better than not going to a bowl. That is kind of the only positive unless you are just happy to drive 45 mins and pay under $20 for tolls to enjoy 4 hours of football instead of fly, hotel, 3 days in a warm city and make a mini vacation.
The only positive of us being in the Brownstripe Bowl is the lost cost of the game. For some fans this is a major positive. The downside for all fans this is the furthest thing from the atmosphere of a real Bowl game. Missing warmer weather in a real football stadium; tailgating, pep rally, visiting a different city/attractions, etc. Anyone who has gone to RU Bowls in Phoenix, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Houston, JAX, etc knows what I am talking about.

The only positive of us being in the Brownstripe Bowl is the lost cost of the game. For some fans this is a major positive. The downside for all fans this is the furthest thing from the atmosphere of a real Bowl game. Missing warmer weather in a real football stadium; tailgating, pep rally, visiting a different city/attractions, etc. Anyone who has gone to RU Bowls in Phoenix, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Houston, JAX, etc knows what I am talking about.
Look at it this way:

at least we don't have to drive up to Boston, and pay for hotel rooms there, to play at Fenway!!

*** I'm still holding out hope for Phoenix/Vegas/Nashville, obviously!

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Look at it this way:

at least we don't have to drive up to Boston, and pay for hotel rooms there, to play at Fenway!!

Boston is just as shitty for a bowl destination if you are from the NE. NYC/Boston- we have all been there/done that. And neither have a bowl atmosphere. For fans- most of the experience is what happens before and after the game.

That said- any bowl this year is gravy. At this point...I want to beat Maryland more than I want to care what bowl we go to.

Boston is just as shitty for a bowl destination if you are from the NE. NYC/Boston- we have all been there/done that. And neither have a bowl atmosphere. For fans- most of the experience is what happens before and after the game.

That said- any bowl this year is gravy. At this point...I want to beat Maryland more than I want to care what bowl we go to.
I think you may have missed the point of that post. I was joking around with @RU#1fan that's all.

Even with Nuts joking around you are spot on. Bowl games is baseball stadiums in the Northeast at the end of December are a frick’n joke. That’s why the Fenway Bowl sucks and New England fans know it . Rutgers fans/NY -NJ fans know the Brownstripe Bowl also sucks. However where we have came from over the last 9 years we will take it this year.

Great minds think alike again. Clemson would be interesting. But Rutgers needs to avenge that 1921 thrashing, losing to the Rambling Wreck 48-14. Rutgers went 4-5 this year, but beat West Virginia!

George Foster Sanford had a great coaching record, but he hit a rough patch in 1920-21. He retired in 1923 after a 7-1-1 season record, blemished only by a loss to West Virginia!

330px-George_Foster_Sanford_Sr._at_Rutgers_in_1913.jpg
A road trip to WVU in 1923 was no small feat

Reactions: Knight Shift
Even with Nuts joking around you are spot on. Bowl games is baseball stadiums in the Northeast at the end of December are a frick’n joke. That’s why the Fenway Bowl sucks and New England fans know it . Rutgers fans/NY -NJ fans know the Brownstripe Bowl also sucks. However where we have came from over the last 9 years we will take it this year.
But WE KNOW….nobody disagrees…so why waste your breath, incessantly, about it? It’s not going to change anything lol!

At least the Fenway neighborhood is fun. That would be a fun bowl excursion for fans IMO.

Better than the International
Bowl I went to with Finkenstadt. Indoor baseball stadium and rainy that day if I recall, not that there was much to do outside pre-game on a nice day anyway

Better than the International
Bowl I went to with Finkenstadt. Indoor baseball stadium and rainy that day if I recall, not that there was much to do outside pre-game on a nice day anyway
I don't remember the rain but I remember it being warmer than usual and actually a very fun place for the bowl game. Funny thing- my wife, she hears Canada- and as many times as I tell her it is in a dome- it is not registering to here. She buys an outfit that would have gotten her through the Iditarod. lol Though, it did look great on her- but she walked into that 70 degree stadium and had to take the whole thing off.

That was actually a pretty cool city to visit.

Also, why I say if a team is coming from outside the area- PS Bowl could be a lot of fun for the players. And if their fans can afford to do it right, they could have a blast. But, we can get into NYC anytime we want to and not a single one of us are trying to book a room at the team hotel and hang out with players, family, fans, etc for 2-3 days in NYC.

Are we locked into the Pinstripe Bowl? What has to happen for us to go to Nashville or Las Vegas?

Nothing is locked. While the Pinstripe is the most likely, there are various scenarios that could get us to Vegas or Nashville. We will have an even clearer picture before kickoff Saturday, as Nebraska play Iowa Friday..

• Haha
Reactions: BornInNJ
Nebraska has to lose ( 5-7 ) and be out ( It's Nebraska favored -2.5 right now )
Rutgers has to win ( 7-5 )

WISC can't go to Vegas, but arguably has the best "brand"
If WISC beat MN, MN out and WISC most likely to Nashville

If WISC loses to MN and NW loses to ILL, then NW/ILL/MN/WI/MD are all at 6-6 and RU at 7-5
If NW beats ILL, then ILL out and NW goes to 7-5

Vegas/Music City Bowl has to want Rutgers more than WI/NW/ILL/MN/MD, or RU in the BRONX

RU has better record-RU won head to head-RU brings east coast and NYC-RU travels.....we will see what other folks think. Odds say Pinstripe

Nebraska has to lose ( 5-7 ) and be out ( It's Nebraska favored -2.5 right now )

If WISC loses to MN and NW loses to ILL, then NW/ILL/MN/WI/MD are all at 6-6 and RU at 7-5

Vegas/Music City Bowl has to want Rutgers more than WI/NW/ILL/MN/MD, or RU in the BRONX

RU has better record-RU won head to head-RU brings east coast and NYC-RU travels.....we will see what other folks think. Odds say Pinstripe
Need you on election night 😀

happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Look at it this way:

Nuts what are your thougts on destination? If we beat Maryland tomorrow or if we lose to them?

Nuts what are your thougts on destination? If we beat Maryland tomorrow or if we lose to them?
Nothing has changed since Tuesday (below copied from page1) buddy….I’s put it about 75% - 80% Pinstripe but things CAN go a couple of other ways. That being said preparations are underway on multiple fronts!!

Here you go:

UPDATED TUES 12:35PM

Here's my breakdown going into this week:

I'm thinking it goes a little something like this (assuming Iowa, Wisconsin and NW all win their games). Also OSU/PSU/MICH will ALL go playoff/NY6:

Playoffs - OSU/Mich

Orange Bowl - PSU (I can not imagine the folks in Miami passing up on them; haven't been there since 2006) ....so no Reliaquest (Outback) Bowl for The B1G UNLESS an ALABAMA (for example) goes to The Orange Bowl (sending PSU to another NY6) ....THEN....that opens up TAMPA to the B1G and everyone moves up a notch!!!

Citrus - Iowa
Music City - Wisconsin (*** Wiscy can NOT go to either Vegas or Phoenix this year)
Vegas - Maryland/RU
Pinstripe - RU/Maryland
Phoenix - Northwestern (Illinois if they win on Saturday)
Detroit - Northwestern (with a Loss on Sat; Illinois with a loss ONLY IF there's not a 6-6 team (nationally) to fill the slot)

* I can't see Wisconsin losing to Minny, however, Nebraska could throw a "monkey wrench" into everything if they beat Iowa.

** If Minny beats Wisconsin they can NOT go to Pinstripe

*** I can't remember the B1G bowl scenarios being this much of a "tossup" going into "rivalry weekend" anytime in the recent past SO...WHO KNOWS??!!

Agree with most of this; Wisconsin is LIKELY headed to Nashville UNLESS Tampa (Reliaquest aka “Outback” opens up).

Please explain why Wisky can't go to NYC or Vegas
They recently played in Vegas and PHX last 2 years so they are ineligible for those bowls this year. Wisco has a large fanbase and I think Music City Bowl would prefer them (and has rights to choose before Pinstripe).

Pinstripe, in that case in unlikely for Wisco but I suppose not impossible if Music city wanted RU or NW or some other team

Nothing is locked. While the Pinstripe is the most likely, there are various scenarios that could get us to Vegas or Nashville. We will have an even clearer picture before kickoff Saturday, as Nebraska play Iowa Friday..
We need to win on Saturday for any non Bronx Tale scenario to be possible. Let’s do it.
And pull for Iowa tomorrow against Nebraska.

They recently played in Vegas and PHX last 2 years so they are ineligible for those bowls this year. Wisco has a large fanbase and I think Music City Bowl would prefer them (and has rights to choose before Pinstripe).

Pinstripe, in that case in unlikely for Wisco but I suppose not impossible if Music city wanted RU or NW or some other team

Also, similar to people saying “Rutgers beat NW”, Wisconsin technically has that over Rutgers.

Personally, I don’t think head to head matters but some do.

Also, similar to people saying “Rutgers beat NW”, Wisconsin technically has that over Rutgers.

Personally, I don’t think head to head matters but some do.
Yeah it’s not the end-all-be-all that some think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT