ADVERTISEMENT

Football Bowl projections for Rutgers Football entering week 10

Is it a football stadium? Then it's massively better. It's better multiplied by improved raised to the power of enlightened.

It's a large-sized hot, fresh order of McDonald's french fries versus one half-eaten cold limp potato wedge (where salt or ketchup are $10 extra).

It's prime rib and potatoes au-gratin versus some regurgitated fat and grizzle laying in the gutter, in the rain.
As I said- if PS Bowl was around when our son was playing- it would have been the most disappointing Bowl experience ever.

Reactions: mildone
As I said- if PS Bowl was around when our son was playing- it would have been the most disappointing Bowl experience ever.
Indeed. Any other bowl against any other team just about anywhere would be more rewarding, more exciting and fun, for the players. And safer for their bodies, considering the poor quality of the temporary turf.

Plus the players will be comforted by knowing that their adoring fans won't wind up with lifelong neck injuries from watching from the stands. 😀

Indeed. Any other bowl against any other team just about anywhere would be more rewarding, more exciting and fun, for the players. And safer for their bodies, considering the poor quality of the temporary turf.

Plus the players will be comforted by knowing that their adoring fans won't wind up with lifelong neck injuries from watching from the stands. 😀
When you think about it- 2007 up in Toronto against a crappy team- still better than being at the PS bowl. lol

I think the wildcard when it comes to the Pinstripe is Nebraska. Virtually any bowl would want them, because they always travel well and now it is the first time they are going to one in a while.
My thinking is you're right and that's why Vegas or higher will take Nebraska. The team that's going to be most screwed by RU and Nebraska being bowl eligible is Maryland. They have a good chance of being in the Quick Lane Bowl. By losing the last two weeks, they dug their own grave.

Toronto ain't Detroit. In fact, Detroit is the one location I rank below the PS.
I've been to Detroit several times and had enjoyed it every time. I've been to Bronx many times and enjoyed it most of the times.

I have been to the Pinstripe bowl, but have never enjoyed, and could never possibly enjoy, the experience. You could fill every seat with $25,000/night hookers holding 5 gallon containers of pure uncut blow. You could fill the entire field to overflowing with nubile sheep, and I still could not possibly enjoy it knowing a football game would one day be played there.

• Haha
Reactions: RUforester72
My thinking is you're right and that's why Vegas or higher will take Nebraska. The team that's going to be most screwed by RU and Nebraska being bowl eligible is Maryland. They have a good chance of being in the Quick Lane Bowl. By losing the last two weeks, they dug their own grave.
Unfortunately for Rutgers, the numbers don’t stack up that well for them this year.

Assuming Mich/PSU/OSU get CFP/NYD spots, that only leaves Citrus/LasVegas/Music City before the Pinstripe.

The best case for RU seems to be to win two games including Iowa and have Iowa not win the west. Make the Music City have to choose between Iowa and RU and they just had Iowa last year.

Otherwise, hope the Pinstripe has a chance at Nebraska, and RU drops to the Guaranteed Rate which is a better bowl for the fans and team (in Phoenix against a B12 team)

I doubt Vega has an issue with any teams fans travelling.

I think the wildcard when it comes to the Pinstripe is Nebraska. Virtually any bowl would want them, because they always travel well and now it is the first time they are going to one in a while.
The Pinstripe would be a big draw for Nebraska. A trip to NYC at Christmas time compared to their life in Lincoln all year and not being in a bowl for six years? For Rutgers fans it would be just another annoying trip into the City. I'd go on record that Nebraska would bring more fans to the Pinstripe than Rutgers would.

You can tell that a lot of these guys don’t do the work to figure remaining schedule results and how that impacts other teams.
This. They spend a few minutes throwing this crap on the Internet and people take it as gospel until the next one comes out a week later. These predictions are completely worthless. Same as NFL Draft predictions.

The Pinstripe would be a big draw for Nebraska. A trip to NYC at Christmas time compared to their life in Lincoln all year and not being in a bowl for six years? For Rutgers fans it would be just another annoying trip into the City. I'd go on record that Nebraska would bring more fans to the Pinstripe than Rutgers would.
Nebraska fans want warm weather not the Pinstripe Bowl.
Bob Devaney’s first bowl win was at Yankee Stadium. He said post game never again.
Estimated Crowd for that bowl was 1,000 people. Bad idea then. Bad idea now.
Game was Broadcast on ABC’s Wide World of Sports Nationwide, the ESPN of its time. Camera crews were ordered not to show the stands for fear the tv audience would see the vast emptiness.
So like then just a time slot for tv. Nothing bowl like about it.

These threads are cute but let's be real here, folks. Barring a massive upset over Ohio State or Penn State, Rutgers is 99.9% locked into the Pinstripe Bowl. You might as well go ahead and buy your tickets now because The Bronx is where we're headed this year. Best to just get it out of the way now as a B1G member and hope for better bowls the next few years when we'll hopefully have stronger teams that can compete with the big boys.

Last edited:
These threads are cute but let's be real here, folks. Barring a massive upset over Ohio State or Penn State, Rutgers is 99.9% locked into the Pinstripe Bowl. You might as well go ahead and buy your tickets now because The Bronx is where we're headed this year. Better to just get it out of the way now as a B1G member and hope for better bowls the next few years when we'll hopefully have better teams that can compete with the big boys.
A not so massive upset win over Iowa and a win over Maryland may very well get us out of the booby prize, the Pinstripe. Hell a win over Maryland might.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zamaneta
These threads are cute but let's be real here, folks. Barring a massive upset over Ohio State or Penn State, Rutgers is 99.9% locked into the Pinstripe Bowl. You might as well go ahead and buy your tickets now because The Bronx is where we're headed this year. Best to just get it out of the way now as a B1G member and hope for better bowls the next few years when we'll hopefully have stronger teams that can compete with the big boys.
  • Rutgers beats Iowa and Maryland
  • Wisconsin and Nebraska win out except WI wins their head to head game
  • Wisconsin get the Citrus, Las Vegas takes Nebraska
  • The Music City is choosing between 8-4 Rutgers, 8-4 Iowa and 7-5 Minnesota, and they just had Iowa last year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT