NY6 bowl - PSU
Reliaquest bowl - goes away since we got 3 teams up top
Cheez It Bowl - Iowa
Music City Bowl - Wisconsin
Vegas - Nebraska
Pinstripe - Rutgers
Guranteed Rate - Minnesota
Motor City - Maryland or Northwestern
If all of these teams pull off bowl eligibility, that opens up another TBD bowl for the conference. In that case, I think you'd slot Northwestern into the Motor City Bowl and Maryland would get shipped off.

Reactions: Zamaneta
You can tell that a lot of these guys don’t do the work to figure remaining schedule results and how that impacts other teams.

For example, Jerry Palm has:

1. Michigan in the playoff and Ohio State and Penn State in NYD bowls. That implies that Michigan beats PSU and OSU and finishes undefeated, and that PSU loses to no one but Michigan.

2. Maryland as the choice for the Music City Bowl, which is the second choice of the non-NYD bowls. Maryland already has 3 losses, so they would have to go undefeated or maybe have one loss to get there. However, Maryland still has to play Michigan and Penn State.

Both of those predictions cannot come true at the same time.

My thoughts as of now:

CFB final four - OSU and Michigan
NY6 bowl - PSU
Reliaquest bowl - goes away since we got 3 teams up top
Cheez It Bowl - Iowa
Music City Bowl - Wisconsin
Vegas - Nebraska
Pinstripe - Rutgers
Guranteed Rate - Minnesota
Motor City - Maryland or Northwestern
If all of these teams pull off bowl eligibility, that opens up another TBD bowl for the conference. In that case, I think you'd slot Northwestern into the Motor City Bowl and Maryland would get shipped off.
Let’s knock off Iowa and get the Michigan loss turned to a W and get the Cheez it Bowl

Last edited:
Anything is better than the Pimpstripe Bowl ….

Detroit in December against a MAC?
I sort of go with PS is better than nothing. And great for fans tgat don’t travel and would buy tickets for a NYC game.
On the other hand- any game with travel is more fun for players and tge fans tgat will travel anywhere for the bowl game

Reactions: RUforester72
Better at Ford Field NFL Stadium than the Bronx in late December against a low hanging ACC opponent. Hello BC French !

Actually Vegas Bowl vs USC would be a RU Bowl experience for the ages !

When it comes to a bowl game- first- I am just happy as shit we earned it already.

But let's say we win 1 more and are 7-5. We go to PS against a ACC team that may be able to beat us- and either end 8-5 against a blah ACC team or end up 7-6 against a blah ACC team. No recruits are watching it anyway. Or- team gets to have the fun of travel and even though it is Detroit- it is indoors- fun travel and a MAC team with about a 80-=85% chance to win and we are 8-5 with a bowl win...and recruits didn't watch that either.

I hate to say it but giving the kids a chance to travel for a bowl-play indoors and most likely end 8-5...seems like the best thing possible for the team as opposed to the easy travel day for fans for sucky bowl, sucky weather and a possibility to lose.

Reactions: mildone
When it comes to a bowl game- first- I am just happy as shit we earned it already.

But let's say we win 1 more and are 7-5. We go to PS against a ACC team that may be able to beat us- and either end 8-5 against a blah ACC team or end up 7-6 against a blah ACC team. No recruits are watching it anyway. Or- team gets to have the fun of travel and even though it is Detroit- it is indoors- fun travel and a MAC team with about a 80-=85% chance to win and we are 8-5 with a bowl win...and recruits didn't watch that either.

I hate to say it but giving the kids a chance to travel for a bowl-play indoors and most likely end 8-5...seems like the best thing possible for the team as opposed to the easy travel day for fans for sucky bowl, sucky weather and a possibility to lose.
Toledo and Miami (OH) are very good. They played each other earlier this year and are likely to matchup again in the conf title game. It's not the gimme you think it is. Would rather pummel a low level ACC team in Pinstripe Bowl. With that said, I'll be traveling to ANY bowl game. Wouldn't miss it.

Think the MAC teams for QL are probably better than the ACC teams in the PS.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
I would say that if we played Clemson in the PS- that would be epic if we beat them. Not sure if I can really buy that Ohio/Toledo/Miami OH are harder than Clemson/Duke/GT/NC State - I don't mention VaTech or BC because either of those matchups would just be boring as hell.

I would say that if we played Clemson in the PS- that would be epic if we beat them. Not sure if I can really buy that Ohio/Toledo/Miami OH are harder than Clemson/Duke/GT/NC State - I don't mention VaTech or BC because either of those matchups would just be boring as hell.

Definitely not harder than Duke and GT. Not sure how far Clemson has fallen.

I could be proven wrong, but any discussion about RU playing in the Quick Lane or Guaranteed Rate Bowl is wasted breath. The Pinstripe picks before them, and there is no way the Pinstripe is going to pass on RU.

The only way we're not going to the Pinstripe is if one of the higher tier bowls takes us first.

I could be proven wrong, but any discussion about RU playing in the Quick Lane or Guaranteed Rate Bowl is wasted breath. The Pinstripe picks before them, and there is no way the Pinstripe is going to pass on RU.

The only way we're not going to the Pinstripe is if one of the higher tier bowls takes us first.
I think the wildcard when it comes to the Pinstripe is Nebraska. Virtually any bowl would want them, because they always travel well and now it is the first time they are going to one in a while.

Maybe for the people traveling. As a game it is much worse with a MAC opponent v the Pinstripe’s ACC team.
Sorry, but the pinstripe toilet-bowl is worse than any conceivable thing. Doesn't matter who the opponent is.

It would be vastly better to have the team show up somewhere else and play with themselves for 60 minutes than to participate in a football game in a cold miserable baseball stadium. The sooner the pinstripe bowl disappears from the list of potential venues, the sooner the horrific memories of prior games there fade, the better.

Like I said, “for the people traveling”.

For any fan not at the game, and for the perception of the program, it is no contest that playing an ACC team rather than a MAC team makes the Pinstripe much better.
Then let me clarify. I'd rather watch, on TV, the team playing with itself in any other location than endure watching my fellow football fans be forced to watch a football game in a cold soulless hellhole of a baseball stadium.

Nothing worse than seeing, on TV, all the fans in the stadium looking way off to the side from their seats, every time a TV camera pans across the fans in their seats. Looks exactly like there must be some altercation in the stands catching everyone's attention until you realize they're actually looking at the football field from their seats which are all angled 80 degrees in the wrong direction.

Which is why, in a recent Sports Illustrated fan poll, fans voted the pinstripe bowl as the most neck-injury-inducing venue in college football.

Is it a football stadium? Then it's massively better. It's better multiplied by improved raised to the power of enlightened.

It's a large-sized hot, fresh order of McDonald's french fries versus one half-eaten cold limp potato wedge (where salt or ketchup are $10 extra).

It's prime rib and potatoes au-gratin versus some regurgitated fat and grizzle laying in the gutter, in the rain.

Reactions: RU#1fan
There can be nothing epic about playing football in the pinstripe bowl except the total combined post-game earnings of Chiropractors in the area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT