ADVERTISEMENT

Bryant Bulldogs: Tidbits / Old familiar face / Players to know / Expectations

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Some tidbits on Bryant Bulldogs:

- Head Coach is Jared Grasso who I believe is a long time Tim Cluess assistant from Iona. This may be his first or second year as HC.

- An Assistant Coach on Bryant is Phil Martelli JR...yes that Phil Martelli Jr....of the Mike Rice era

- Lost to Brown at home on Tuesday 73-71

- Star player is Adam Grant (guard) who averaged 16 pts last year and scored 21 on Tuesday.

- Other high scorers from Tuesday were Michael Green (14) and Michael Simmons (11)

- They shoot tons of 3's.....shot 28 on Tuesday going 8-28.

- Bryant was 10-20 last year.

- They play in NEC Conference.

Thanks for posting. Nice quick rundown for those not following Bryant basketball lol

Isn’t this where our new baseball coach came from? Confirmed in another thread.

- Head Coach is Jared Grasso who I believe is a long time Tim Cluess assistant from Iona. This may be his first or second year as HC.

- An Assistant Coach on Bryant is Phil Martelli JR...yes that Phil Martelli Jr....of the Mike Rice era

- Star player is Adam Grant (guard) who averaged 16 pts last year and scored 21 on Tuesday.

- Other high scorers from Tuesday were Michael Green (14) and Michael Simmons (11)

OP - Telling commentary about Grant and they shoot mucho 3's.....

Martelli's Bio on the Bryant basketball coaching page does not include any mention of Rutgers.

Last edited:

Phil,

Baby Rice (Jimmy Martelli) is at VCU. It's Phil Junior's brother......see link

https://www.vcuathletics.com/information/directory/bios/martelli-jimmy?view=bio

Yea our baseball coach is from Bryant. He was a legend there. Bryant baseball’s Schiano. His daughter was there and transferred to RU I think. Also, crazy, Bryant lost by the exact same score in their first 2 games, 73-71

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT