ADVERTISEMENT

My exhaustive list of intriguing transfer candidates (and ongoing transfer watch)

I drool thinking about us offensively with 4 perimeters and Eugene on the floor.

If we played 4 perimeters at a time the need for another body can easily be argued.

Does anyone think that unit wouldn’t rebound?
Hold their own defensively?
We’d be a nightmare to defend. The 5 would have a terrible time with Eugene.

I do not believe the unit would rebound, nor hold their own defensively at the level Coach wants. When EO went down there was an opportunity to play Harper at the "4" and instead Coach went to Carter. After three years Ive seen enough to believe I am correct in stating (outside of OOC games) Coach plays combos at the 4/5 that will likely be: EO/Myles, Carter/Doucoure, EO/Carter rather than (for example) Harper/EO.

That written IF Harper gets a bit stronger defensively and in the absence of a transfer in like Yeboah it would not surprise me to see Coach use Harper at the "4" to rest EO for some minutes. A lineup on the floor could look like: Mulcahy/Baker/McConnell/Harper/Myles or Young/Mathis/McConnell/Harper/Carter for example.

Last edited:
Everyone forgetting Johnson. The guy will really develop into a really top player this year.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Former 4* Northwestern player should be a force at this level if he stays healthy:

Reactions: RutgHoops
I do not believe the unit would rebound, nor hold their own defensively at the level Coach wants. When EO went down there was an opportunity to play Harper at the "4" and instead Coach went to Carter. After three years Ive seen enough to believe I am correct in stating (outside of OOC games) Coach plays combos at the 4/5 that will likely be: EO/Myles, Carter/Doucoure, EO/Carter rather than (for example) Harper/EO.

That written IF Harper gets a bit stronger defensively and in the absence of a transfer in like Yeboah it would not surprise me to see Coach use Harper at the "4" to rest EO for some minutes. A lineup on the floor could look like: Mulcahy/Baker/McConnell/Harper/Myles or Young/Mathis/McConnell/Harper/Carter for example.

Your point is well taken and 100% correct.

A grad transfer who probably wants to play in the tourney.

Made 58 appearances with the Rutgers University men’s basketball program over two seasons … Averaged 5.4 points and 3.7 rebounds per game for his career at Rutgers … Saw time in 31 games as a sophomore in 2016-17, starting 11 of them, and averaged 3.0 points and 2.4 rebounds per game … Played in 27 games as a freshman in 2015-16, starting 12 contests, including last 10 games of the season ... Averaged 8.1 points and 5.1 rebounds with 23 assists and 13 steals during his rookie year. https://umassathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=10526

Thorir Thorbjarnarson Is the only scholarship player that is not transferring from NU or graduated. Haha. Talk about roster turnover. 4 scholarships to give out for this season yet.

Reactions: AD888 and dkostus
Thorir Thorbjarnarson Is the only scholarship player that is not transferring from NU or graduated. Haha. Talk about roster turnover. 4 scholarships to give out for this season yet.
What should the fans expect from the team since there's so much turnover?

Right now they are pretty excited for what is coming in. Hoiberg was big into transfers and juco kids when he was at ISU, mainly because he hates dealing with the AAU slime, so he has a good grasp on what he wants for his style of play. They have already signed the top 2 juco guards and 2 3 point shooters with length that are immediately eligible. Hoiberg likes to go fast and have guys that can shoot from anywhere. He isn’t big on guys who play with their back to the basket but still be beefy enough to bang underneath. A lot of the players will be 6’6”- 6’8” that are long and can run. With 4 scholarships yet to fill(5 when Roby stays in the draft) it’s still interesting how he fills the roster. They have had lots visitors that are all carbon copies size and skill wise. Ha

I know the season ticket waiting list doubled in 3 days after he was hired so peoples expectations are pretty high.

Their fans seem happy with the turnover and alternately have faith in Hoiberg to coach them up immediately or predict he is more worried about 2 seasons from now.

It would be huge to get them in one of the pre-christmas B1G games when most of their roster hardly knows each other

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Nebraska will finish in the bottom three of the league.

Wouldn't surprise me. Iowa State went 3-13 in the Big 12 in Hoiberg's first year, then after that they went 11-7 or 12-6 in all of his other years.

Geez, Nebraska is going to be the Frankenstein of college hoops - a collection of pieces sewn together.

Reactions: dkostus
Geez, Nebraska is going to be the Frankenstein of college hoops - a collection of pieces sewn together.
Bottom half of the league gonna be weird next year. I think our continuity will be a huge positive but we'll see...

Updated the OP with all recent commitments. At this point it doesn't seem like our last scholarship will go to a transfer, but if it does my list would look like this... This list doesn't include guys like the Hausers or David Jenkins who are down to a final few schools but DOES include guys that we probably have no shot at like Jordan Brown. I still think a sit-out transfer would suit the roster makeup well.

Joel Ntambwe
Jordan Brown
Rasir Bolton
Victor Bailey
Miles Norris

ADVERTISEMENT