ADVERTISEMENT

BTN + Questions

gmay8

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
I used BTN+ last year for several of our games not on regular TV. I had the subscription and then cancelled it when conference play started.

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone knows the answers to:

1.) Can you start a game from the beginning after the game starts? I put kids to bed about 7/7:30 and would love to watch the full game after they're asleep, do you know if you can start watching like an hour after tipoff from the beginning? Like a DVR of sorts?

2.) Does BTN+ have an app for smart TV's or Roku? Last year I just used my iPad which was fine, but would love to watch it on big screen.

3.) I know the schedule is quirky, it looks like our next 2 games are on regular BTN TV, do we know if there will be other games on BTN+? Is it worth it to pay the monthly for just one game? (i'm probably going to do it either way but curious if there are other games expected)

Thanks guys, pumped for the season!

Reactions: gregkoko
I can answer #2. The Roku has the BTN+ app so you can watch on your tv. If you have a newer TV, you may be able to cast the video from your ipad/iphone to the TV directly. As for # 3, im in the same situation, but I may keep it to watch the women's games except I will have to re-subscribe as I dont have auto-renewal.

I used BTN+ last year for several of our games not on regular TV. I had the subscription and then cancelled it when conference play started.

1.) Can you start a game from the beginning after the game starts? I put kids to bed about 7/7:30 and would love to watch the full game after they're asleep, do you know if you can start watching like an hour after tipoff from the beginning? Like a DVR of sorts?

2.) Does BTN+ have an app for smart TV's or Roku? Last year I just used my iPad which was fine, but would love to watch it on big screen.

3.) I know the schedule is quirky, it looks like our next 2 games are on regular BTN TV, do we know if there will be other games on BTN+? Is it worth it to pay the monthly for just one game? (i'm probably going to do it either way but curious if there are other games expected)

The way the season is playing out, I doubt there'll be enough volume of games on any given day that Rutgers is bumped to BTN+. Wednesday is opening day so its the exception.

I'm fairly certain the answer is yes to number 1, but I'm not 100% sure. They do post replays of games at midnight, though.

How many games are actually going to be on BTN+? Don’t think it is worth it for one or two games.

Regarding #2, if you have an Amazon Fire TV/Stick they have a BTN+ app you can download and stream off of rather than using your iPad.

Reactions: Scangg and gringo
It's also on Apple TV...

The other advantage of having BTN+ is going back to watch games you may have missed, or to rewatch games you'd like to see...

The women’s team is also on BTN+ today and I’m sure there will be more games in general this season on there

Looks like it will be just the Wednesday game on BTN Plus. Would be for it if I could watch Rutgers Soccer as well. Last time I signed up, I remember watching multiple sports.

1. You can join the game at any time. In addition, the recorded game stays onsite at BTN+ and is available to rewatch. I am not sure how long the streaming is available, but, it could all season.

I am not 100% sure but I think last year, you could not rewind a game that was in progress. I think you need to put the kids to bed early.

1. You can play the game at any time after it ends, but if you join mid stream you'll have to watch it live or wait for the game to finish

2. BTN+ does have an app. If you can't get that to work you can hook your laptop up to the TV with an HDMI cable

3. This season you never know but you can watch all the team's games on replay on demand which is pretty cool

Reactions: ILikePike
Be careful - I made the mistake of subscribing to BTN plus on my iPhone using my iTunes account on the app - well apparently that only got it for me on my phone, I couldn’t log in on my laptop on the actual website so I was forced to stream from the phone last year

— you’re much better off subscribing from a computer by making an email login, and then if you need to use your phone to watch just sign in with your BTN account ... confusing and stupid.

Also watch out make sure to unclick that auto renew box

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT