ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Tailgate: Oct. 14 vs. Michigan State

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
BTN Tailgate is heading to Rutgers on Oct. 14 for the game against Michigan State. The show, which airs 10 a.m. through noon, will serve as the backdrop at Athlete's Glen and The Rutgers Boardwalk for an exciting slate of pregame activities on Homecoming & Family Weekend. The game is set for a noon kickoff at SHI Stadium on Big Ten Network.

I guess that eliminates ESPN College GameDay from coming that day.
But the better show these days is the BTN Tailgate. Need a big crowd to come early.
Gameday is coming for the OSU game, as we'll be 7-1, having just cracked the Top 25 and they'll be undefeated and ranked in the top 3 in the country. I can dream a little, can't I?

Gameday is coming for the OSU game, as we'll be 7-1, having just cracked the Top 25 and they'll be undefeated and ranked in the top 3 in the country. I can dream a little, can't I?
Pump the breaks 🤣 Let's beat Wisconsin first!

Pump the breaks 🤣 Let's beat Wisconsin first!
If we get the upset win this Saturday, we will be 5-1 and favored at home vs. MSU.

If we win that one, we'd be favored at 6-1 going to face a likely 2-4 Indiana (assuming they lose at Michigan on 10/14).

A 7-1 Rutgers that is 4-1 in conference would deserve a top 25 ranking.

If we get the upset win this Saturday, we will be 5-1 and favored at home vs. MSU.

If we win that one, we'd be favored at 6-1 going to face a likely 2-4 Indiana (assuming they lose at Michigan on 10/14).

A 7-1 Rutgers that is 4-1 in conference would deserve a top 25 ranking.
At 5-0 Maryland deserves a top 25 ranking, but there seems to be some sort of reticence to having 4th B1G East team in the rankings?
Why does Louisville with wins against a crappy Ga Tech, Indiana, BC, Murray State and eeking out a win against NC State get 25, but Maryland with wins against Virginia (crap), Indiana (crap) and Michigan State not get ranked. Maybe I answered my own question. But Fresno State's only p5 wins are against Purdue and mediocre Arizona State. And why is a 3-2 LSU ranked?

Still…if that does happen, might that end up being a night game?
Could be. I think the Maryland Penn State game could be in that Prime Time slot. Maryland plays Ohio State this week. Let's see how Maryland stacks up against a big boy team. They have looked really good so far.

Still…if that does happen, might that end up being a night game?

Definitely won’t be a night game, as Purdue and Michigan is in that slot.

50-50 will be the fox noon kickoff game if we’re both ranked…Maryland psu could be it too.

Remember, per the new tv deal, the marquee big ten games are now at noon as opposed to 7:30

Could be. I think the Maryland Penn State game could be in that Prime Time slot. Maryland plays Ohio State this week. Let's see how Maryland stacks up against a big boy team. They have looked really good so far.

Prime time slots are set in the beginning of the season. Michigan Purdue has been announced already

Reactions: WhiteBus

I’d say if this happens, it would be possible. Working against us is USC Washington is also that week..and ESPN would much rather be there than a game they won’t be covering, imo. If either USC and Washington falter in October…..look out..

Prime time slots are set in the beginning of the season. Michigan Purdue has been announced already
I do not think this is correct. That's not what Michigan's official schedule site shows. Game time is TBA for all games on November 4th on the Big Ten's official composite schedule, too. The NBC Sports announcement from July does not have a game time for Purdue/Michigan. I can find nothing that indicates any B1G game times are set for that weekend.

I’d say if this happens, it would be possible. Working against us is USC Washington is also that week. I’d think if ESPN would likely be broadcasting that game, they’d rather be there than a FOX game. We’ll see…

I do not think this is correct. That's not what Michigan's official schedule site shows. Game time is TBA for all games on November 4th on the Big Ten's official composite schedule, too. The NBC Sports announcement from July does not have a game time for Purdue/Michigan. I can find nothing that indicates any B1G game times are set for that weekend.

This is what I saw, but I did notice the line “if no games are flexed to other networks”. So I guess it’s not set in stone but not sure why Mich Purdue would be picked up by another network..

Interesting McMurphy tweet (or whatever they are called these days). But the Purdue vs Illinois game on Sept 30 was a 330 game on Peacock, and the Purdue-Iowa game on the 7th is also a 330 Peacock game now. The Wisconsin-Iowa game on the 14th is now a 4 PM kickoff on Fox.

Bottom line, most future game times are still flexible.

Reactions: Wolv RU
At 5-0 Maryland deserves a top 25 ranking, but there seems to be some sort of reticence to having 4th B1G East team in the rankings?
Why does Louisville with wins against a crappy Ga Tech, Indiana, BC, Murray State and eeking out a win against NC State get 25, but Maryland with wins against Virginia (crap), Indiana (crap) and Michigan State not get ranked. Maybe I answered my own question. But Fresno State's only p5 wins are against Purdue and mediocre Arizona State. And why is a 3-2 LSU ranked?
Maryland has played one of THE. worst schedules in the nation to date. They DO NOT deserve to be tanked yet. Current SOS of 132 in Sagarin.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Maryland has played one of THE. worst schedules in the nation to date. They DO NOT deserve to be tanked yet. Current SOS of 132 in Sagarin.
I don't bust balls on typos, but was that "tanked" intentional, or a Freudian slip?

I see lots of opportunities for tanking:
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Rutgers!!!!!

Tank you very much!

Another reason why a noon start for homecoming sucks. It won't be very crowded at 10 AM. Some day the B1G will learn or they just don't care.

Another reason why a noon start for homecoming sucks. It won't be very crowded at 10 AM. Some day the B1G will learn or they just don't care.
I’m fine with the ability to name the opponent or the time for Homecoming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT