ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Michigan State

How angry are these refs right now? Tried everything they could to give the game to MSU but Rutgers is just too superior. I bet these refs get a stern talking to by the Big Ten higher ups after this.
I think they got a call from the B1G admin at the half telling them to cut the 💩 or else. I think Millen said Rutgers didn’t have a flag against him in the second half. Lol

WOW!!! -Having grown up in New Brunswick, I've followed RU football since the age of 4, and in the 50+ years since then I've seen Rutgers snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory more times than I can count.

-But every now and then...every now and then...they do the exact opposite and literally snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat, and man, it is beyond SWEET when that happens!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!

There was over 6 minutes left before the last drive and MSU had 3 timeouts remaining and they didn’t touch the ball again. Tears of joy by Gregg

Called a good 4th Q. But his playcalling the rest of the game was less than desirable. Need touchdowns not field goals. His red zone playcalling is beyond questionable
Sometimes it's about the execution. The OL blocked much better in the 4th quarter. He was calling the same plays.

Reactions: PSAL_Hoops
Wild game.
Lots of strong emotions going back and forth in my pea-like sized brain.
Glad they got it. Good for the team!
Go RU!

Sometimes it's about the execution. The OL blocked much better in the 4th quarter. He was calling the same plays.
Agreed. We were hit with some bad luck and calls in the first half. Went our way in the second and we came out on top.

Look - 13 of 28 needs to improve. I was hard on Gavin but he does deserve credit for hanging onto the football in bad weather taking a couple sacks. Our running game is reliably clean. Michigan State’s isn’t and that proved to be a big part of the difference in this one.

Yea agree sometimes it’s about execution. But no he wasn’t calling the same plays in the fourth quarter as he did in the 2nd and 3rd. He got away from the running game and put Gavin in bad situations.

Reactions: Wagram97
What do you mean? KM stayed fresh?
You have a point in that only brown and GW ran the ball. Maybe I was counting GWs drop backs and pressures as runs because it felt like KM want running the ball with a purpose until the fourth.

🤷🏻‍♂️

I said all off season that the "We need Brown. He's by far our best RB" was vastly overblown.
Monangai was our best back all last season and continues this year.
That's not true.. his first year, yeah. Best back. Then he took a year of mediocrity compared to Brown.. and this year it is the opposite.. but Brown is off an injury.

Feed it to KM and let the chips fall where they may. He’s the best option to seal this game.
During this part we were saying.. they are going to key on KM.. so.. FINALLY.. let's see Wimsatt bootleg off the fake.. OUTSIDE... it still has not happened... and that is criminally bad OC choices.

During this part we were saying.. they are going to key on KM.. so.. FINALLY.. let's see Wimsatt bootleg off the fake.. OUTSIDE... it still has not happened... and that is criminally bad OC choices.
I like that idea in general on goaline and short yardage but this game the way it was going with KM and just MSU’s psychology at that point ride the horse until the end. If it drops it drops.

The amount of suppressed anger he was holding in at the refs, and at some boneheaded mistakes by the team… I’m not surprised to see tears.
we had 2 must-win games in a row.. we had this now lost.. end of a bowl season most likely. To get it back.. that is worthy of tears of joy.

Really.. if you think about it.. most of us had every game we have already won as a must-win game... not will-win games.. must-win games (for a bowl season). And I am sure many teams circled their Rutgers games as a must-win games. Certainly Northwestern did in hiring our old OC as a consultant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT