ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football versus Akron

New half, new game. Despite the score that was a dreadful first half. No disrespect to Akron’s D which has been solid, but Athan should’ve been picked 4 times now, not 1 time.

Running game is solid of course.

Cant understand how fans cant see the improvement AK is over GW.
Because there should be zero potential interceptions in a game like this one. And we had like 4 in the first half. Against a weak opponent. Nova was a fantastic passer. But until his last season, his insistence on throwing risky throws cost us a bunch of winnable games.

I’m not saying GW was a better QB. But he was much more cautious about throwing into tight coverage. When you have a great runner like KM, avoiding INTs is critically important to winning games. Especially against teams with a pulse.

Athan can sling it but like many QBs he sometimes stares at one receiver, allowing defenders to read his eyes and get a jump in the ball.

Because there should be zero potential interceptions in a game like this one. And we had like 4 in the first half. Against a weak opponent. Nova was a fantastic passer. But until his last season, his insistence on throwing risky throws cost us a bunch of winnable games.

I’m not saying GW was a better QB. But he was much more cautious about throwing into tight coverage. When you have a great runner like KM, avoiding INTs is critically important to winning games. Especially against teams with a pulse.

I think your underestimating Akron’s D. They are decent. AK hasn’t been great, but the offense overall has been fine. The D has been awful. Akron is really really bad at offense.

Reactions: Mini Nuts
Once again in game production shits the bed. Bring all the B1G and national champuons in the field and do not announce the individuals. Instead play piped in music over the top of them.

Get rid of these idiots already!!!!

Reactions: newell138
I’m not saying GW was a better QB. But he was much more cautious about throwing into tight coverage.

Need to see who can win the 50/50 ball.
I'm fine with him taking his shots today.
Can't just hit them @100% clip against top teams in big moments. Also need to take shots down field to keep defense from stuffing the box so we can continue to run successfully.

I didn’t make up these numbers. AK threw several passes which should’ve been picks. And the TD…c’mon. Talk about luck.
I think that’s a stretch. The announcer said it too about the one in the end zone but it was a tipped ball - not an actual catch by a defender that popped out. It was a terrible throw. A dart that would’ve been hard for anyone to catch if not tipped. There wasn’t anything that was an actual catch dropped like Wright and NW last night.

OK - give Kyle a seat to relax and rest for at least a series or two and the game if they don't score again.

Nice answer to Akron TD. Would Like D to get stop now and allow the 2nd team to finish this off. Need everyone for VT. Off week will be a good time to get D front seven some coaching on running QBs else Drones will just walk all over them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT