ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football versus Akron

I’m not sure if our poor attendance is embarrassing (not a cult) or a point of pride. I feel like attendance was way better in Schiano 1.0 as far as % filled.
I feel bad for the players who deserve better. A little bit more cultish would be okay, maybe. But I understand people not getting up for a game like this one.

If the team wins this and the VT game, the next home game will be much better attended.

Reactions: Scarlet Craig
Lewis did well to pull up last second and avoid a possible roughing penalty. The officals call it so easily these days.

And Finley was wincing after the play even though the contact. He seems to be less accurate as the game has progressed . Playing through pain?

I feel bad for the players who deserve better. A little bit more cultish would be okay, maybe. But I understand people not getting up for a game like this one.

If the team wins this and the VT game, the next home game will be much better attended.
In order for us to get Schiano 1.0 crowds for games like this, we still need to show up on the national scene. The average jerseyan / Rutgers grad / Alum that doesn't give a thought to college football hasn't yet been given a reason to get pulled in to Rutgers football. Have a big season and some signature wins, and then it will happen.

Reactions: redking
Jeez, and forcing that pass into triple coverage was another bad decision. Shades of turNova. Ease up with the testosterone fueled decisions.

Agree…would be better for sure.

And Finley was wincing after the play even though the contact. He seems to be less accurate as the game has progressed . Playing through pain?
He got beat up pretty bad vs Ohio State last week. Thought for sure he had broken ribs.

The entertainment factor of this game is rivaling the Howard...its a big factor why people are staying away

This isn’t good. Two weeks in a row we’re having to throw into tight windows with no one running free.
Pass protection ain’t great and receivers not getting open quickly and consistently enough. Not a good sign, but win the game and then work on it over the bye week.

KM- Heisman Its ok to say it

Yes he has to do it against Big Ten teams, but he led the Big Ten in rushing last year. It’s OK to start talking. We deserve it.

Reactions: redking
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT