ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Michigan State

Start coming up with NIL ideas for him too... he runs hard.. dependable.. like a Ford Truck.

Kyle Monongai.. hard runner.. Angry Orchard.. hard cider.
Hmm…hard, angry running. Who does that remind you of? Someone who ran for another red team in the Superbowl?

Mario…Mario, call your old boss to learn how to run out the clock!!
I was thinking that affected GS decision to clock it. Didn't want to pull a Cristobal.

Too bad.. could have kept the pro-Rutgers bettors happy. At least we all know he doesn't care about spreads at all.

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
Soaked but really really happy for the kids who fought hard. Harlan Bennett, big huge thank you and no you will not be getting the job .

I missed the game because of a family commitment but the box score says RU went for 2 after the last score.

Is that true or was it a botched snap?

I will watch the game when it’s on the BIG10 in 60.

I missed the game because of a family commitment but the box score says RU went for 2 after the last score.

It was a bad snap/hold. They were definitely trying to just get the point after.

Botched snap. Wet ball.

Botched snap

we had 2 must-win games in a row.. we had this now lost.. end of a bowl season most likely. To get it back.. that is worthy of tears of joy.

Really.. if you think about it.. most of us had every game we have already won as a must-win game... not will-win games.. must-win games (for a bowl season). And I am sure many teams circled their Rutgers games as a must-win games. Certainly Northwestern did in hiring our old OC as a consultant.
I generally don't harp on the officiating. But it was pretty bad in this game, and for the entire first half, we sure seemed to catch more than our fair share of bad calls.

Anyway, the players and coach did what they were supposed to do, put officiating out of their minds, and focused on the next play. And eventually it paid off. I think GS might've been emotional in large part out of pride in his players who never gave up and found a way to battle back and win it when they had to be reeling after the first three quarters.

The team struggled for much of the game, but they did really came on at the end.

I generally don't harp on the officiating. But it was pretty bad in this game, and for the entire first half, we sure seemed to catch more than our fair share of bad calls.

Anyway, the players and coach did what they were supposed to do, put officiating out of their minds, and focused on the next play. And eventually it paid off. I think GS might've been emotional in large part out of pride in his players who never gave up and found a way to battle back and win it when they had to be reeling after the first three quarters.

The team struggled for much of the game, but they did really came on at the end.
officiating has been bad for two games but overall, it went both ways today which was a better surprise. I saw holds on both lines that were not called and they let them play.

officiating has been bad for two games but overall, it went both ways today which was a better surprise. I saw holds on both lines that were not called and they let them play.
In the 4th Quarter, it seemed like the refs were letting our OL get away with murder a few times. Almost so bad I wondered (not really) if they somehow realized they called some stuff unevenly in the first half (PIs and the targeting call, IMO) and were trying to make up for it.

If being serious, I highly doubt the refs made any calls with intent to favor anybody at any point. I think such things are exceedingly rare. But damn, the officiating was pretty inconsistent in how similar plays were called today.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
It didn’t go both ways. Maybe on the typical holds they were consistent but the shirt grab one was beyond blatant. The Powell call especially considering no flag in the first place should’ve required indesputably evidence to be targeting there. Some of the PI calls on the replay it was very obvious that if your going to call anything the offensive player pushed off first. It was A LOT of calls against us. There was only one call that went our way. I thought the incomplete pass on them was clearly a catch and then a fumble out of bounds.

Reactions: RUSK97
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT