ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers vs. No. 2 Michigan

Slant wouldn't be there. Man press with inside leverage. TE maybe a solid call, but with bringing that much into the box play action would be hard. Id have take a roll out or sprint out.
Even better get Wimsatt in space and force the d to react to run/pass

Even better get Wimsatt in space and force the d to react to run/pass
I would lean towards that, but they were bringing heavy edge pressure consistently. They tried to suck those guys up field, and they didn't

Reactions: Kbee3
Crazy that we’re at the exact spread. Bookies really do know their shit

If various play calls/refs go our way, this could have been a game

Can’t have that against #2 team

Oh i agree there

When McNulty was the OC, he had a quote that went something like “I’ll keep trying to find a play that doesn’t require us to execute or beat our man, but I don’t know if I’ll find it.”

I’m not a McNulty fan, but I think that quote explains the plight of our recent OCs. We’re getting better, and things seem simpler this year w/ KC (a good thing), but when you’re facing a 4th and 2 with WRs who aren’t going to create a lot of space on their own against good DBs, a mismatch on the lines, and a young QB with unreliable accuracy…there are few “good” calls. He tried an easy throw and a design that’s supposed to make room for the receiver. It didn’t work, but hard to blame him for calling it.

The bookies set it at 31. The 'wisdom' of the masses dropped it to 24

The bogus holding penalty was HUGE

The dumb play calling on 4th and short , twice, was more frustrating

Rutgers is improved but they were dominated in the trenches.

Hopefully no serious injuries today.

Regroup and start opening up the playbook against Wagner

Is it schianos son that carry’s the binder on the sideline? Odd shot of he and Schiano smiling and laughing with 2 minutes on the clock in a 31-7 game.

You have a QB that runs 4.5 and big why the F are we not running against the play or naked bootlegging and letting him make a play...every single team does that and has success against us

After a somewhat flukish td conversion on 3rd down Rutgers went 59 minutes without a score

Better but still so far away

The concerns i had from the first 3 games all showed up again on offense

This Michigan team doesn't even look that good. They will lose 2 or 3 games, and have other close contest. This was just easy work for them today

Lots went against us this game including some non calls, a picked up flag, d holding on every pass route, a fumble missed that should have been.

That being said, Wimsatt looked very good. Online pass blocking against the so-called #1 dline in the country was very good. It looked more like a 14 point game vs 24. Other than PSU and OSU, I like our chances against anyone on the schedule. That said even PSU and OSU shouldn’t be sleeping on us.

Reactions: rusig96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT