ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers vs. No. 2 Michigan

Usually don’t disageee with you but that was awful. Situationally one of the worst calls you can make at that time. Too many moving parts, first time called all season and it was a blind throw.

Fire out Get down hill and get the 1 yard. No slow mesh.
The OL isn't good enough. They haven't converted a short yardage run all game.

The story for me this game was simple

Michigan time and time again converted on 3rd downs many of them 3rd and long

Rutgers had a few 3rd/4th shorts and ran incredibly awful plays

In between Rutgers held their own but the name of the game is to score andd this coaching staff like it showed in the first 3 games is risk averse to score

Yea but you don’t need a huge play there. You need 2 yards. The risk wasn’t worth it situationally.

If it’s second and 12 from the 50 great call. 4th and 2 from the 28 awful call.
was a stupid play call. once you saw the d set, should have taken a to and discussed.

stupid, bad coaching

Yea but you don’t need a huge play there. You need 2 yards. The risk wasn’t worth it situationally.

If it’s second and 12 from the 50 great call. 4th and 2 from the 28 awful call.
They put 8 in the box and ran man press zero. Can't attackmen middle.

Reactions: mdk01 and RUinOhio
was a stupid play call. once you saw the d set, should have taken a to and discussed.

stupid, bad coaching
No. It was set up perfectly. The corner is supposed to be aggressive so he doesn't see the LT. GW threw it too quickly.

The OL isn't good enough. They haven't converted a short yardage run all game.
You have 2 backs bigger than monangai on the bench. Get under center and give it to brown. Would rather take my chances with that play call then giving up a 70 yard interception on a 4th and 2.

Reactions: iamg
They put 8 in the box and ran man press zero. Can't attackmen middle.
Would rather a play action slant or a tight end dump at least the momentum is going in the right direction and your on the right side of the sticks. Plus the ability to draw a defensive holding or pass interference penalty.

I'll tell you I know GS's stance on PR's & KO's but the gutless wonder has to start letting the players make plays

Reactions: Zimm80
Would rather a play action slant or a tight end dump at least the momentum is going in the right direction and your on the right side of the sticks.
Slant wouldn't be there. Man press with inside leverage. TE maybe a solid call, but with bringing that much into the box play action would be hard. Id have take a roll out or sprint out.

Reactions: kupuna133
He has undoubtedly grown. Really nice to see. Great throwaways, uses his feet more, good recognition of the few times when WRs are free, and really took care of the ball

Future’s bright for RU despite some
bad breaks & BS Refs in this game
FIFY

Reactions: Ash_Hole
He has undoubtedly grown. Really nice to see. Great throwaways, uses his feet more, good recognition of the few times when WRs are free, and really took care of the ball

Future’s bright for RU despite some
bad breaks & BS in this game
Wimsatt seems to sense the rush pretty well from what I've seen. His mobility helps him get out of trouble. Curious if you see it the same @gef21

Reactions: denogla1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT