ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Rutgers vs. No. 2 Michigan

I didn't watch most of the game, but does Wimsatt ever throw the ball on option plays or is it always run (either QB or RB)?

Think nitpicking over coaching decisions and refs is a reflection of progress for our program.

Again, 4th down and short calls (as well as 2pt conversions) should be plays that are practiced to death, so your QB doesn't "throw it too early".
Yep said something similar earlier. Don’t run that play for the first time all season in that situation. Not to mention all the moving parts on that play and the timing needing to be perfect for that play to be successful. Not the time or place for that play call.

2 and 12 from the 50 have at it. 4th and 2 from the 28, awful call.

From Mandel in the Athletic

14. Michigan beat Rutgers comfortably, 31-7. Is it weird that I came away impressed with … Rutgers?

This was the kind of game in the past in which the Scarlet Knights would get blown off the field (they lost 52-17 last year), but this one was 17-7 with five minutes left in the third quarter when Wolverines DB Mike Sainristil made a ridiculous play, picking off a Gavin Wimsatt pass while bouncing off another player, and returned it 71 yards for a pick six. Michigan bled Rutgers to death from there. But Greg Schiano’s defense came in with the No. 10 defense in yards per play and for the most part played respectably against the No. 2 team in the polls.

We need an offense that can move the football & score. We need to be able to throw downfield and make big plays.
We do not have that. I dont really care for 15 play drives. Our offensive philosophy has been horrendous for 10 yrs. It just seems like all our routes are HS'ish. The play calling is HS'ish. I want to see a high powered college offense

Mich is not 24 pts better than us. GS needs to stop calling fair catches on every single punt & kickoff. Some of your best playmakers come from that group. Who is going to come here if that is your intention 100% of the time. We need playmakers on O and you are handcuffing your playmakers. JMO
Yes we already spoke to Greg and he unequivocally stated he will not wave off any future punts. Ok do you now feel better?

Dam we shut down Carter as after that 1st series. 20 Carrie's 52 yds
..yeah.. we shut him down despite Millen's insistence that MSU OL was dominating. Yeah.. they had some good plays.. a lot of uncalled holds.. but Millen would ignore when our DL would beat MSU and wait for the next time MSO OL won a battle in the trenches to act like it was an every-play thing.

glad we got millen to shut the hell up... other than "UNBELIEVABLE!"

Believe, Matt Millen, BELIEVE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT