ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD -- Rutgers Football vs. No. 1 Ohio State

The game changed when Ohio State took the lead.Rutgers offensive strength is running the ball not passing.Wimsatt doesn't have the passing touch as seen in the first half where he overthrew a wide open receiver which would have been a touchdown .He also has difficulty completing passes within twenty yards of the end zone.Bottom line you aren't going to defeat Ohio State just making field goals.Good effort by Rutgers and it looks more promising that Rutgers can win at least one more game.

One of the plays that will stay in my mind about this game was pretty early on when Dremel had beaten his man by about 4 yards and was wide open with nothing but green in front of him...and the ball was badly overthrown. -Man, notching 6 right there would have really helped the cause.

GW has the arm, but not the accuracy; kinda like a guy who can throw a 105-mph fastball, but rarely can get it over the plate. ...The big arm doesn't do 'ya much good when you only have half of the equation covered.

That said, while I'm not much of a moral victory guy, I'm still proud of the way the team played today. -Yeah, OSU won, but they sure as hell had to work for it.

One of the plays that will stay in my mind about this game was pretty early on when Dremel had beaten his man by about 4 yards and was wide open with nothing but green in front of him...and the ball was badly overthrown. -Man, notching 6 right there would have really helped the cause.

GW has the arm, but not the accuracy; kinda like a guy who can throw a 105-mph fastball, but rarely can get it over the plate. ...The big arm doesn't do ''ya much good when you only have half of the equation covered.

Maybe he just needs glasses?

charlie sheen film GIF

As bad as Wimsatt has been, I still think we steal another win that get us out of that godawful Pinstripe Bowl.
Key will be to avoid major injuries on Defense and no injuries to Monangai, Pierce or Dremel. Saw Melton go down and not come back really hope is his ok. Nice to see Konga back as we need him down the line.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Probably been said already, however:

1) take the pick six back and throw up at least a field goal.
2) call fall start on Ohio State like it should have been.
3) get our receiver, Strong, I believe, another millisecond to secure the ball before hitting the ground.

Things might have been different or at least much closer.

Oh, and 4) put me in as QB on any throw that needs a bit of touch. I perfected that with 20 years of street football. 🥸

I think this game showed that we can make it a game against a top team, which will hopefully turn some heads of recruits.

We scored 4 times against the number one team in the nation, and they scored 5 times against us, with one of those being a flukey pick six.

They were better than us, no doubt, but we’re pretty good too. I like our chances in the last 3 games.

Rutgers has made a ton of progress this year, no doubt. But there is also no doubt that the QB play has not been good enough this year. Wimsatt 10/25 129 yards and another pick six. There needs to be an open competition for QB next season. Wimsatt has not proven this year that he’s the clear answer at QB. Let’s have an open competition with Surace and a possible transfer and may the best man win.

Rutgers has made a ton of progress this year, no doubt. But there is also no doubt that the QB play has not been good enough this year. Wimsatt 10/25 129 yards and another pick six. There needs to be an open competition for QB next season. Wimsatt has not proven this year that he’s the clear answer at QB. Let’s have an open competition with Surace and a possible transfer and may the best man win.
We've got a good one already in Spencer, I believe is his name.

Not getting your best player (Kyle) the ball on a little flair IN STRIDE or check down pass in the middle of the field to get him into open space in the red zone is head scratching

Not getting your best player (Kyle) the ball on a little flair IN STRIDE or check down pass in the middle of the field to get him into open space in the red zone is head scratching
or We are pounding the ball in their throats. OSU still don't have box loaded up with their Safeties playing deep but our OC decides to get cute. Game was lost right there...

Moronic to use timeouts. Wtf
Schiano screwed up the timeouts all day. No need to call the first time out inside the 5 clock was already stopped and we were on the ball. Had their d on their heels. Run Monangai and then call timeout if you don’t score.

Reactions: TGonzRU
Pick 6 was kind of a fluke play - to me personally at least and not really play calling fault.
Wasnt a fluke soft tosses it with a safety sitting there ready to light him up. Need more zip on it or throw it sooner....too late

Reactions: NickRU714
The game changed when Ohio State took the lead.Rutgers offensive strength is running the ball not passing.Wimsatt doesn't have the passing touch as seen in the first half where he overthrew a wide open receiver which would have been a touchdown .He also has difficulty completing passes within twenty yards of the end zone.Bottom line you aren't going to defeat Ohio State just making field goals.Good effort by Rutgers and it looks more promising that Rutgers can win at least one more game.
Pick 6 changes game they could not stop run and we were wearing them down. We got taken put of our set

Cannot take away how hard these dudes fought and played.. played their asses off today
KM is a Sunday player for sure. Maybe he'll invite his former teammate to watch him play

Reactions: MADHAT1
I'm totally disgusted with the way we played out last 10 minutes. Snap the ****ing ball before 2 seconds. ****ing Horrible. You take 2 TO's to allow OSU to score again to run the ****ing clock out ****ing bullshit GS
Maybe not has vehemently as you but I do agree that was dumb. Let the clock run out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT