ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb And His Old School Throwback Midrange Game...

I can see a mental wall. But fatigue for a guy barely playing, with multiple days in between games. No, I don't see fatigue even entering the equation.
I am not saying Paul has hit a wall. Just that the wall is a real thing. I tend to agree with you.

Calebs mid range game is a thing of beauty. He has to be shooting insane % from 10-15 ft. So fluid and hes bigger than most.

Caleb + Geo on the floor at the same time is uber productive. I think we do need to shorten Pauls leash, his passing is great but his defense as of late has been poor and he is unwilling to shoot in most cases.
agree 100% about Paul; and I think you have to start Caleb and Geo and bring Montez in because we have been getting off to terrible starts lately and we need Geo from the get go; we can't keep making these comebacks we have to go up early like we were early in the year

Mathis and Young have similar games. Ability to force the action, penetrate, sometimes out of control. Baker and McConnell both play more in control. Ideally you want one from each category playing at the same time.

Mathis shot has gotten so much better, but I think he will really be able to show it off next year. I would start Caleb, Geo, Harper, Yeboah, Johnson and have two spark plugs, Mathis, Young coming off the bench.

It all depends on matchups. Against a team like MD with NBA guard quickness, shot and range Montez and Jacob will be critical. McConell is so steady and key when RU is not hitting threes or getting to the basket. McConnell needs to continue playing more. Love what Geo did in 2nd half of NW game and we need to ride it if he continues the hot hand but Yebaoh has been the MVP in my opinion and the offense needs to run through him. If Harper and Geo are making shots ride them but Yebaoh can stroke it from the outside when needed and open. Lots of great options on this team. Also prefer that Myles not go beyond the foul line on offense or defense. When all is said and done Paul will be a great contributor to the program but his minutes need to be shortened until he throws up some confident shots consistently.

RU is playing for high stakes and Pike will play who needs to play.

GO RU

Reactions: BillyC80
What I am suggesting is that they should be evaluating players regularly. That thing next door is supposed to be a "performance center".. so how about applying some science? Could be as simple as you say.. just heart rate and blood pressure during some standard test as the year wears one. Should tell if anyone is wearing down... with performance measures during the test.
Pikiell's trainers literally have the kids hooked up to electronics during every practice to measure their output, etc. This is one of the reasons we have less injuries than lots of teams. What you're talking about is already happening

Pikiell's trainers literally have the kids hooked up to electronics during every practice to measure their output, etc. This is one of the reasons we have less injuries than lots of teams. What you're talking about is already happening
THANKS! So they should know if Mulcahy is hitting a "wall" by what they measure.

It would be cool, maybe after the season, if someone did a story about how these performance measurements helped the team. Of course they should probably get the players approval because these would be "medical" records of a sort. Thanks again.

This is good to hear. Didn't know they did that

Reactions: dkostus
THANKS! So they should know if Mulcahy is hitting a "wall" by what they measure.

It would be cool, maybe after the season, if someone did a story about how these performance measurements helped the team. Of course they should probably get the players approval because these would be "medical" records of a sort. Thanks again.
There was an article last year, just having a hard time finding it to link

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT